Re: The New Introduction Thread

Trey wrote:
dbngaa wrote:

found DIF about a year ago via a Kevin Smith tweet

Wait, what?

I shit you not.  First mention of DIF I came across, and was thankfully curious enough to find out more.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, what? 

If he did indeed do that, I doubt he will do it ever again.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Did he...tweet...like, a plug? Where was I?

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sorry I can't remember the specifics, but someone asked him his opinion about a movie and they suggested that DIF should do a commentary.  Smith agreed and followed it up with a "How 'bout it guys?"  Work blocks Twitter or I could probably go back and find it.  You know, for the DIF trophy room.

Last edited by dbngaa (2012-01-13 23:01:55)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Holy shit.

Well, sorry, Kevvo, if we hurt your feelings with regards to Red State. He doesn't follow us on Twitter, so I think we're fairly likely to still be in his "I don't want to murder them" zone.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

dbngaa wrote:

Sorry I can't remember the specifics, but someone asked him his opinion about a movie and they suggested that DIF should do a commentary.  Smith agreed and followed it up with a "How 'bout it guys?"  Work blocks Twitter or I could probably go back and find it.  You know, for the DIF trophy room.

Let us know when you do find it.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Um... Hi! *waves*

I was coerced into joining the forum after spending all day in the live chat yesterday.

Yep.

Back to lurking now.

"To Spork you listen."  - Trey Stokes

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

It's Spork!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hooray for Spork.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey Spork!

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

http://phispace.net/lj/wc067.gif

Last edited by Phi (2012-01-17 01:16:23)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey everyone,

My name's Rick, I've been listening to DIF since I stumbled across it on reddit a little over a year ago.
I've done a lot of traveling during some work and trips abroad over the last year and the commentaries really helped me get through the long hours on trains, buses and nights in rundown (tv/film/computerless) living conditions.

I've considered myself a fan of film ever since I borrowed a vhs copy of the movie Pi from my local library. Before that time movies were just another form of entertainment and a way to pass the time.

I'm currently living in Oregon and am about to finish a degree in Fish and Wildlife studies (animal behavior, wildlife biology, conservation). After animals, movies are probably my second biggest interest/passion. I'm excited to finally join the DIF community and become an active member here.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Awesome. Welcome to the forum!

You know, Trey did a fun little short film for the 48 Hour Film Challenge about fish.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh hi Mark!

So I finally gave into Teague's "no seriously, join the forums" at the end of every DiF episode...

A bit about me: I used to be a long-time-lurker/infrequent-poster over at TFN back in the day, and know of most of the DiF folk from there. For work, I'm a compositor living in Sydney, and I've been jumping around all the VFX shops around Australia for the past year or so. I started listening to DiF around about the same time I got serious about the VFX biz and it was basically what I listened to whilst enduring long roto stints - then I got hooked! Now people think I'm weird, because I look like I laugh to myself all the time.  tongue

Anyway, woot, I'm on the forums now.
Ahoy!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Hooray! TFN expatriates!

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hello everyone. I am Dark Coyote. It is a nickname I had in Highschool so DON'T ASK! I am a movie nerd in different ways then most in that I don't see what the director wants, I see what they don't want. For example The Chosen One is a macguffin of Star Wars. And, also from Star Wars, Jar Jar is the Dark lord of the sith. So um... Yeah. Take it or leave it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Welcome to the boards!

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So yeah, I just realized, I do not think I introduced myself on the official thread.
I'm Erich, prefer to use the fireproof78 user handle, but I respond to many things.
I enjoy DiF because it expands my own personal knowledge of movies, movie-making and enjoy the ranting and raving of the panelists.
Also, I just was listening to the "Transformers" commentary, I would like to add that I am a conservative, with a fair amount of opinions based off of ideas and plans rather than fear. I guess I'm one of those conservatives in the wild Trey spoke about big_smile
Anyway, been part of the community for a while and made my comments known, but now saying "hi"

God loves you!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Hi Grant here and I'm from Alpha Centauri. No that's a lie, I'm actually from South Africa.

Found DIF a while ago via NP2k and have been a visitor for some time.

Oh and I'm something of a filmmaker but until recently have only made crap that no one should ever see. Quality on the horizon.

Last edited by Grant (2012-03-12 14:59:21)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh hey, It's Grant!

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Greetings, programs.  My name is Marcus and Teague went the Brody route with my subtitle.  I'm going to assume it's the bad ass Raiders Brody and not the post-carbonite doof sickness Last Crusade version.  I'm a DBA for a community college in Mississippi, but I like a bit of acting every now and again.  I also like pie a good deal.

@marcusvowell  -  facebook.com/marcusvowell

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Greetings and salutations Marcus.
Dr. Marcus Brody is a hellovalot better route to take than Detective Marcus Burnett though.

---------------------------------------------
I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation.

I have to rather sheepishly admit that I was hoping for Marcus Cole.

@marcusvowell  -  facebook.com/marcusvowell

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Try asking with a nice word and a two-by-four?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Hey, pastormacman here. Im from the tfn forums where I went by the screen name "jedipastor". I'm the guy that made all of those "religious" light saber fights. I've been lurking on these forums here at DiF for a while but I don't think I've properly introduced myself. I want to become a more active member of this community.

I found DiF from an invitation post that I believe Teague put on tfn. I got hooked right away. At first I was disturbed by the incessant foul language that I thought was unnecessary but have come to realize that it was just the way it is. I figured that if I wanted everyone here to tolerate the religious overtones in my films and still be able to appreciate my saber fights then I can do the same. I consider DiF to be a genuine guilty pleasure for me. My wife doesn't like to listen and I won't let my kids listen, but I certainly enjoy it. I've learned so much about the industry and the technique of filmmaking and I really enjoy the fun way you guys deliver your information to the masses. As long as you guys keep making podcasts, I'll probably still be downloading them and laughing to myself in my headphones.

About me:

I'm the media director at my church. I live in Bakersfield, CA, just over the mountains north of Los Angeles. I'm the father of three, two older boys and a new baby girl. She had to have open heart surgery at a week old to correct a heart defect back in August but she is in perfect condition now. I've been making videos as part of my job for over ten years now. Before that it was a hobby of mine since high school. I currently shoot with a Canon 5D and am hoping to direct a feature sometime in the future. Just gotta find a good story. (not one of those typical "religious" stories that play on the hallmark channel, those bore me to tears) My favorite movie is "Empire of the Sun". I saw that when I was 13 and it was the first time that I understood the language of cinema. That was "the" movie for me, the movie that solidified my desire to tell stories using a camera.

Last edited by pastormacman (2012-04-23 14:57:37)

Thumbs up Thumbs down