Re: Cool Trailers

I will be seeing both Lockout and God Bless America.

Looks cool.  I liked it when it was called Super.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The only similarity is the pairing of the girl and the older guy, other then that it looks completely different.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Rikkitikkitaavi wrote:

Bobcat Goldthwait's God Bless America

Thoughts?

I immediately recognized the Glenn Beck guy speaking when Obama-as-Hitler is on at the beginning as TV's Frank, from MST3K. And Joel Murray looks amazing in this. I remember him from comedies in the '80s. I don't know him from Mad Men. This will or die on his performance, and it looks really good.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

If God Bless America ever gets released over here I'll buy it

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

This looks like a  real wildcard. I'm not holding my breath for anything mindblowing, but it certainly shows some potential.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That certainly looks interesting. I love the styling.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It got a new trailer! Cool. It's taxing. And nuts in a bunch of great ways. Saw it in November and couldn't stop thinking about it for like a month.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Rikkitikkitaavi wrote:

This looks like a  real wildcard. I'm not holding my breath for anything mindblowing, but it certainly shows some potential.

From the son of the director of Cobra!

Story goes, when his father died he went and made this with a million bux of inheritance.

It's mindblowing in the sense that it's really patient and deliberate (which I love), has a very simple story except for one key twisty thing (which I love) and despite referencing every other sci-fi movie before it (without turning to a pastiche hackjob) HAUNTS you for days afterwards.

Blah blah blah go see it dudes for real.

Last edited by paulou (2012-02-15 09:03:30)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm liking it thus far. Feels more like spider-man already, with spidey actually being sarcastic and fun.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The Lizard looks awful though.

As long as I don't have to deal with Willem Dafoe in a fucked up goblin-suit, I'm okay with it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"as always, Willem Dafoe is a shithead"

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It's not much, only a teaser, but here it is: The first look at Alfonso Cuaron's Gravity.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Does nobody in marketing realize that they've totally devalued the term visionary? Absolutely everybody's a visionary director these days, it seems.

Personally, I don't think you count as a visionary unless your film contains gritty realism...  hmm

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It's marketing's job to sell a movie. Not to manage semantic superlatives. You can fault them on making one really awful ad, though.

Also "realism" isn't an angry face and a rim light, it's goddamn Bicycle Thieves.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

An Honest Liar - The life and work of James Randi. Featuring Bill Nye, Adam Savage, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Penn & Teller and more.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Coooooooooooooool. Donated $20.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Simon Pegg in A Fantastic Fear of Everything

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That looks...amazing.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I have to see that movie, it looks fucking great.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That was an underwhelming trailer.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Fuck. Yes.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down