Re: Close Encounters

Well, as a proud Scot, I will say, without a word of a lie that I adore England. I have friends from college that come from England and I have never been one of these 'them against us' wankers. I have been to London a few times in my life and other places (Leeds, Manchester) visiting people and I fucking love it there.

I'm not a supporter of Scotland leaving the UK, I don't think it will benefit anyone. There are plenty of Scots who want away from the 'English' Government (that at times has actually been run by Scots, go figure) and I have seen news reports of English people saying 'well, let them go' and that sort of shite (from both sides) is not useful. I am Scottish and proud (though, I'm not really one for flag-waving, I'm not an Orangeman or  Rangers supporter big_smile) but I have no qualms sying I am British despite how it may look in my posts. smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

^ I don't want you to leave either  big_smile, but would you like a Scottish Passport, cos I sure would like an English one (not that darn British one  mad)

Jason doesn't teleport.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah and it would be nice to say 'I'm Scottish' without people thinking I'm saying 'fuck England' at the same time. It's fine being 'The United Kingdom' as that is what we are (and should be) but I think 'Britain'and 'British' is a bit pointless, now.

If you are born in England, you are English and if you are born in Scotland, you're Scottish and if you're born in Wales, tough luck big_smile

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

What a conversation was had in these pages, the long 18 months ago...

Anyway, I'm just here to leave this: Closet Cases of the Nerd Kind, a wonderful little parody of Close Encounters from 1980. I saw it on the same video as Hardware Wars, and HBO used to show it occasionally.

Click Here!

I make music and teach thirteen year olds.
soundcloud.com/the-one-galen

Thumbs up Thumbs down