Topic: Iron Sky trailer is here!!

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … y_IndUbcxc

/Z

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Iron Sky trailer is here!!

So wrong, so very very wrong, yet so so completely right. This is gonna be amazing one way or another.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

*checks watch*

Man, these guys had a hell of a job on their hands.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That was AWESOME!      lol     big_smile

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

I've been waiting for this one for a very long time. big_smile

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Nazis!

I hate these guys...

This looks amazing, actually looking forward to this.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I can't tell if it's intentional being way to over the top and silly or if the movie is just taking itself way to seriously hmm

I hope it's the first one.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

This could end up being really shit, or it could be pretty awesome, really difficult to tell from the trailer. I think I have an inherent gut reaction against movies that exist solely to be an ironic punchline (Hobo with a Shotgun, Drive Angry, Machete, Planet Terror to an extent). I'd prefer they'd make a serious version of this premise, or at least in a way where the characters treat the situation realistically (see Big Trouble in Little China as my go to example), so the Sarah Palin stuff immediately sends up red flags.

I am damned impressed by the effects work though, what was the budget on this thing? (I know a lot of the effects were crowd-sourced, but I don't know to what extent)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

bullet3 wrote:

I'd prefer they'd make a serious version of this premise, or at least in a way where the characters treat the situation realistically (see Big Trouble in Little China as my go to example), so the Sarah Palin stuff immediately sends up red flags.

I'm with you. I actually thought (and desperatly hoped) that this is what they were doing, unfortunately it looks like I was proven wrong, but alas, a guy can still dream I guess.

Not to mention that the ship at the 1:00 mark is called the George W. Bush.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

If you're making a movie where the main story element is as silly as "Nazis go to the moon, develop crazy weapons, build a massive army and then return in 70 years", trying to take it seriously will end up breaking your movie. In my opinion, at least.

Super Mario Bros.

This movie will be seen by me in a theater.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It's a tough balancing act, I don't know personally how I'd approach this premise to make it work (and I can't say that they're doing it wrong until I see it), but I would say that you should have characters taking themselves somewhat realistically no matter how crazy the premise.

Look at Dr Who and the completely insane things that happen there, but the characters always buy into their reality to enough of an extent to get the viewer engaged. I think that's the kind of tone they'll need to strike to make this work.

The political jokes I'm seeing in this make me nervous because I just feel it's so played out and tired at this point, it just comes off as super lazy satire. If they had real balls, they'd have the democrats be presented as misguidedly wanting to reason with the Nazis, and have the religious rah rah extremists end up being the ones who save the day in the end (a la Team America), at least it'd be refreshing.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Space. Nazis.

I need to change my shorts.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I might actually see this in a theater.

That's rare for me.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

To explain, this was made by a bunch of crazy Finns on their own (the same guys who made "Star Wreck")

They have a cool new blog post of the process here, which includes the older trailers (I really liked the original teaser w. the motorbike, loved the music there, hope it's part of the actual film....)

Here's the blog entry http://blog.starwreck.com/2012/02/08/ir … -released/

/Z

Thumbs up Thumbs down