Re: Fast and Furious Commentary

FixedR6 wrote:

I'm testing how effective handbraking the PAL DVD using NTSC framerates will be.

let me know how you go with that, i might throw on the dvd and blu ray side by side this weekend an see how they sync up, just got to find my dvd copy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

What's the run time on the Bluray version?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This is supposed to be now, right? February 11, noon Eastern?

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Well I'll be online all day.  I guess I should have posed a specific time, but that's why we do dry runs eh?  Can we try for a few hours from now? 6 Eastern?

Okay.

Sorry can't today, work spilled over into the weekend unfortunately. ):

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ok, successful test with Zarban.  Anyone else feel free to add me to their Skype contacts and hit me up whenever.

Skype totally works, who would have thought?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, that went pretty well.  Next we need to make sure everyone interested has seen, at least, the first film, and has a copy available to play during the recording.  If there is a director's cut or whatever I'm not aware of it, so we'll go with the theatrical release.  Get with me if you're having trouble and we'll work something out.

6:00 Eastern seemed to work today; what would be everyone's thought to trying for a recording next Saturday, same time?

I'm not positive, but I think I'll be available then. I'm going to visit some friends and play board games, while another group films a web series in the back yard. smile However, I think my ride for that won't be picking me up until after he gets off work, which should be around 9:30 PM, Central. I'll acquire the flick later today and let you know in the mean time if I'm good to go on Saturday. smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ok, good news: just got a job. Bad news, scheduled for Saturday.  Good news: off at 6.  If we can push things back to say, 8 EST, I think I should be able to get home and ready by then.

That works out just fine for me. Looking forward to it. See you tomorrow!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I don't know if I can do Saturday at 8. I've got something else that should end before that, but I can't be sure.

Congratulations on the job, tho.

Last edited by Zarban (2012-02-18 06:03:37)

This is probably going to be too late for me Matt, we have plans for the evening.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ya, unfortunately I'll have to sit this one out, project deadlines are upon me  sad

Thumbs up Thumbs down

No worries guys, we'll keep trying.  I'm not in the best shape either after being up for something like thirty hours, the last twelve on my feet outside. Gonna slurp down some Ramen and crash.

I wouldn't mind being in on this if it's been delayed again…I'm usually doing stuff Saturday nights though, and my podcast records Sunday evening, and DIF is Sunday afternoon. If Saturday afternoon PT (like 1, so 4ET) would work for people, that'd be awesome.

Last edited by Gregory Harbin (2012-02-19 17:56:22)

Posted from my iPad
http://trek.fm

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So, when might we try this again?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I am interested in being on the podcast, if it works for my schedule. (Weeknights and weekend days, outside of DIF.) I'm sure you can manage without me, but if you set up a hard timeframe for When It Is Happening, if you can fit me in, I'm there.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up 0 Thumbs down

Do we get to ask the leading questions?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Here's where we are scheduling-wise: I'm off next Monday and Thursday, (2/27 and 3/1).  I work swing shift (1400-2200), so while I'm up for recording any other day, it would have to be at around 2400.

Anyone is still welcome to get involved; I suspect ultimately the recording will consist of whoever is available at the time.  So far that's been a...challenge.  What I'd like to try, and I'm open to other suggestions here, is this: post a time and date when I'll be available, and if I can get three people to call in, we'll hit record.

I'm off today, and I've got some running around to do, but I should be home around 2000 EST.  I'll log into Skype for the evening, so if you're available then and want in, leave a post.

The next windows would be my next days off, as indicated above, but for now let's see who's available tonight, and take it from there. 

Dave: Anything to keep the conversation going is just fine.  I'll be acting as MC / host, just to try and keep order, but if you've got questions for the group, bring it.

For those who are confused by military time, 1400-2200 translates to 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM.

Anyway, I can do Monday easy. In fact, right now, I'm completely open except for Thursday night at 9 PM Central (that's 2100, if you prefer). Like Matt, I'll just play it safe and keep my Skype open throughout the day (especially since I don't/can't always keep tabs on when this thread has new posts).

If something comes up, I'll just change my status on my Skype profile or whatever and in that, I'll let people know when I'm coming back. For example, you might see something like this: "Shower time. Back in 30." When I'm available and ready, it'll just read, "One Mile At A Time". smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

For clarification, what's 2000 EST?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

bullet3 wrote:

For clarification, what's 2000 EST?

8:00.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

so i missed trying out skype the other week, do i need a premium account or will the free version do?

Thumbs up Thumbs down