Re: Ark - A Big Damned Webseries by Trey Stokes

Right after I briefly demanded your attention at Kate's like an hour ago, I immediately regretted not mentioning to you how awesome I think Ark is.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

paulou wrote:

Right after I briefly demanded your attention at Kate's like an hour ago, I immediately regretted not mentioning to you how awesome I think Ark is.

Oh, now it makes sense.  I misheard your introduction at the time, sorry.   sad  Michelle will explain it all later.

For the rest of you who weren't at the FX bakeoff, the above will never, ever make sense.   

Anyway, thanks!   But be warned, any FX artist who tells me they like Ark goes on my list of "people who might work really cheap if we do more Ark".  wink

I tend to sacrifice clarity in favor of enthusiasm.

But hell yeah! A list I'm happy to be on.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

A list I'm quite happy to be on.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Yeah I'd chip in for that.  Heck, with some Kickstarter help to pay for sets and burritos, we've got more than enough talent around here to handle the effects work for a new episode or two.

Like Ark, get job?  Yes, Please.

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm not a normal girl. I'm a gamer (yeah, my rogue in WoW does anywhere from 16k to 30k points of damage lol, and when I'm not doing that, I'm swinging a lightsaber in SWTOR.) I love love LOVE Zombies. I'm a sucker for good Sci-Fi.

So when I stumbled across Ark on Hulu, I felt like I had found the Grail.  I watched every episode available one right after the other. (not like that's some ginormous feat or something since the longest one was around 9 minutes, but you get my point. I hope.)

The whole idea of the show and the wide open-ness of it makes it sooooo alluring! There could be a gazillion explanations as to why they are out in the Final Frontier, where, if you notice you don't see ANY planets anywhere, but a rather colorful galaxy that looks almost TOO colorful for the Milkyway.

Anyway, this story has really got my brain all restless, and as a writer, inspires me to write something...anything...if I can put the lightsaber down long enough, that is. tongue

Keep em coming guys!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Rouges are overpowdered.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Laylla wrote:

my rogue in WoW does anywhere from 16k to 30k points of damage

Yeah, you're probably the rogue who was two-shotting my 4k resil Tauren hunter at the blacksmith in Arathi Basin last night.

*looks around*   What?

Anyway.   Glad you liked Ark!   As a sci-fi fan myself, I tried to make the kind of show that _I_ always wanted to see.  Jury's still out as to whether we'll get to make more, but we're sure trying.

Jeffery Harrell wrote:

Rouges are overpowdered.

Hey now! What's wrong with smelling all flowery an' stuff??

Oh. wait...I see what you did thar!!

Derpa Derp!

Last edited by Laylla (2012-02-25 04:48:23)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Trey wrote:
Laylla wrote:

my rogue in WoW does anywhere from 16k to 30k points of damage

Yeah, you're probably the rogue who was two-shotting my 4k resil Tauren hunter at the blacksmith in Arathi Basin last night.

*looks around*   What?

Anyway.   Glad you liked Ark!   As a sci-fi fan myself, I tried to make the kind of show that _I_ always wanted to see.  Jury's still out as to whether we'll get to make more, but we're sure trying.

Darlin' the last time I tried to PvP I got my arse handed to me in a Batman lunch box. But it coulda been worse.

I mean, it coulda been a Hello Kitty Lunch box.

So if any of you see a rogue named Laylla in AB... She'll be the one cowering behind that large bovine guy with the bow.

As far as Ark, someone needs to sway the jury....hmm...*strokes her cheek with the back of her ring covered hand* I wondah....can I make 'em offa dey can't refuse...

Patience has never been one of my highest virtues, but I'll my best.....

kay...

I waited.

Can I have the next episode now?
tongue

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Laylla wrote:

kay...

I waited.

tongue

Some are still waiting for the Pink Five finale...  tongue

Last edited by Snail (2012-02-25 05:02:29)

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

Trey wrote:
paulou wrote:

Oh, now it makes sense.  I misheard your introduction at the time, sorry.   sad  Michelle will explain it all later.

For the rest of you who weren't at the FX bakeoff, the above will never, ever make sense.   

Anyway, thanks!   But be warned, any FX artist who tells me they like Ark goes on my list of "people who might work really cheap if we do more Ark".  wink

I would love to be on that list. But, since I dont have any experience in film making (although I was an artist for Gentle Giant Studios in Burbank back in ohhh '95 or about there), I dont know what good I would do you, but I can bring you Starbucks! LOL

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Snail wrote:
Laylla wrote:

kay...

I waited.

tongue

Some are still waiting for the Pink Five finale...  tongue

That would soooo kick ass!

Thumbs up Thumbs down