Topic: DIF Community Project: DIF Road Trip!

Hey party people. A few months ago we did a little community project together that resulted in the "Gone" music video. As thrown together as the whole thing was, it was a lot of fun and the result was snazzy.

Let's do another one, shall we? Only this time, it won't be a music video.

In thinking up projects that a large number of people can do from all over the world with varying abilities to record, you end up with a lot of tricky problems. It's hard to figure out what would allow virtually everyone to participate. You've got to boil it down to the most common things - in this case, any way to record video, a face, and... a car.

Watch this.

So, that's the idea. A short film, almost entirely dialogue, filmed all over the world, by the people actually IN it.  I'm going to write it in a week or so once everyone has had a chance to commit to a part. That means, in this thread, you need to tell me A. if you want to be in it, and B. how much you want to do. If you'd rather not be a major player, say so. If you've got no problem being the ONLY player, lemme know.

Once I know who all will be in the thing, I'll write it out and give everyone their lines and screen direction. As in, "say this, look this way." You film it - or someone else films you, if you're fancy - and send it to me. The DIF server has a guest login that I'll post later.

I chop it together, post it, Bob's your uncle. We have now done two awesome, worldwide projects.

Who's in?

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: DIF Community Project: DIF Road Trip!

I'm in,... medium size part would be fine.

Now I'm trying to think of a location for the end,... DC isn't great for driving through, so that's out.... maybe Solomons Island.

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

I'm in for whatever is required; more than happy to act.

Time of day, driving locations, time frame for completion? I'm not too far from the ocean, city, suburbia, or country side if that's helpful.

1. Tend to be quiet. When excited I do talk a little quickly.
2. Australian / slightly English. Not a broad accent.
3. Whichever suits, although I'm not really wacky. No real preference - serious / gently sarcastic / irritated / funny

4. No.
5. Hardly.
6. Bastard question. The Road to El Dorado / Akira / The Incredibles ...

Last edited by Dave (2012-04-11 18:19:07)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I call dibs on being identical twins who hate each other.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

I'm down to be a major part of this.

Got a friend that's funny, a dslr, and the islands of the pacific northwest as a backdrop.

Last edited by otero (2012-04-06 06:23:46)

Totally in.  Big, small, the guy in the middle of the back seat constantly trying to get everyone else's attention about something but is ignored the whole time, guy who just looks stoic the whole time, guy in the trunk (I have a HUGE trunk; two, three bodies easy), whatever.  Teague knows me fairly well, so wherever I can do the most good is all good with me.

Might be tricky getting moving shots, but I should be able to get pretty good footage off my iPhone 4S.

Locations: I'm halfway between Orlando and Daytona Beach.  Teague's spent some time here, so he'll have a pretty good idea of what sort of locations I can visit.  Disney is possible-ish, but you can't really see much from the parking lots.  You can drive right onto Daytona Beach though.

Thought: As a nod to our worldwide community, perhaps there could be a non-English speaking part; I'm thinking along the lines of the third character in Ark.  Also, depending on how many folks want to chip in, a second vehicle could be incorporated and the story have to do with both cars trying to meet up somewhere.

I'm going to cut off suggestions there for now, because I'm starting to come up with things that would involve FX work.

Looking forward to another collaboration!

I'm in. I'd be down for a big part if you need somebody to talk a lot or a small part if you need somebody to roll their eyes and huff or something. Basically whatever you need to fill in the blanks. I have a car, a camera, and a lot of free time...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'd be down for a smallish part, not heavy on speaking is better probably, but you know, someone obliviously working/playing games on their laptop/listening to music/head-out-window, or the aforementioned being moody and/or contemplative in the back-seat would be fine.

I like the multiple cars idea, though that gets tricky to manage and might be more trouble than it's worth.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So in for this.

See what I've worked on recently here:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2869151/
And ways to get in touch with me at:
http://www.google.com/profiles/SethBrower

I'm down for anything but preferably a big part. Give me whatever crap you want me to say. I can use the DC area for locations and stuff.

I'm up for acting in this, I've got a really cool idea for where I could get out of the car as well.

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

I'm certainly in. Very excited. Looking forward to an excuse to use my new DSLR.

Posted from my iPad
http://trek.fm

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This sounds like fun! I'm in for a medium part.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Matt Vayda wrote:

You can drive right onto Daytona Beach though.

Kill it. Kill it with fire.

Sure, middle size. Also willing to help produce/drive for anyone's LA parts.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm in all the way. Major or middle whatever is needed.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Casting questions. This isn't required, but it would help me a lot.

1. How do you talk? Fast? Slow? Loud? Quiet?

2. What's your accent?

3. Are you most comfortable playing serious, pissed, wacky, annoyed, funny? If you'd rather do something specific like this, let me know, otherwise you'll just get a part and do your best.

4. Do you have specific car limitations? Like, no back seat?

5. Problem with profanity?

Also, 6. Pick a movie you love. Doesn't have to be your favorite, but one that you just freaking love.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1. Depends on the situation.... So all?
2. neutral idk, American/ maryland ?
3. Wacky geeky fun!
4. Nope, just a standard 4 door
5. Fuck no!
6. Jurassic park, star wars, indy jones, tremors, Pixar films, firefly/serenity.... I quote all and more on a regular biases  big_smile

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

1. Normal?

2. American; no distinct regional dialect.

3. Annoyed and/or funny.

4. I have a 4 Door Honda Accord from 1990. Other than the lack of sunroof, I can' t think of anything.

5. Nope.

6. Predator.

I tend to talk a little fast and loud.

2. What's your accent?
Western American, like most of the DiF panelists

3. Are you most comfortable playing serious, pissed, wacky, annoyed, funny? If you'd rather do something specific like this, let me know, otherwise you'll just get a part and do your best.

I prefer funny, and have a pretty good sense of humor. I also do deadpan pretty well too.

4. Do you have specific car limitations? Like, no back seat? I have a van and a 4 door. Pretty wide open

5. Problem with profanity? Yes, I don't swear.

Also, 6. Pick a movie you love. Doesn't have to be your favorite, but one that you just freaking love.

Emperor's New Groove, hands down is my favorite movie to quote. I also can mimic many stand up comedy routines as well.

I would like a small part, and can even work in the fact that I am a new dad if you like.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ooooh, I am down for this! I'll go for a medium-large part.

I'm all over the place really.

2. What's your accent?
Northern England (Scouse/Liverpudlian)

Either funny & eccentric or creepy, moody, evil guy.

I'll have to use a friends car, so I can't give a definite answer. Although, the whole driving on the other side of the road thing could be an issue?

I swear all the time, so no problem there!

All the usuals; Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Indy, BTTF, etc. Clerks, Monty Python & The Holy Grail/Life of Brian, This Is Spinal Tap. If you wanna go for TV; Doctor Who, Red Dwarf, South Park, Life On Mars, The Simpsons.

Last edited by Owen_Ward (2012-04-07 00:38:29)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Which-side-of-the-car issues won't be a problem.  smile

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, *puts on actor hat*, I can do pretty much anything you need me to. My normal speaking voice doesn't have any particular quirks. However, I will say that I'm no good at speaking quickly. I trip all over the words.

2. What's your accent?

Standard American. Nothing exciting.

Well, *adjusts actor hat on head* I have no real preference. I'll be anyone you want me to be.

Only that I can't be in the middle seat. It would have to be one side or the other.

Shit no.

6. Oh geez. The four that come to mind immediately are Seven Samurai, Zodiac, Close Encounters, and Die Hard.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

In. I'd be comfortable hamming it up, or all the way down the continuum to just staring blankly. 
(pimping my past work:
http://youtu.be/uHKyUZnETaQ  <---also shows my car
http://youtu.be/FEQo3gpVuVU
)

1. I'm naturally fast and loud, but I can control it with chemicals.

2. Midwestern, but I do can a bad french or australian, sometimes in the same breath.

3. Putty in your hands

4. I've got a crossover style Saturn Vue, I could be tied to the roofrack or TJ Hookering from the hood.

5. There's never efuckingnough of it.

6. 12 Monkeys and the Grail were the first two that came to mind, and then The Fisher King. But I've never seen Brazil, so I can't really be called a Gilliam fan.

Last edited by drewjmore (2012-04-07 03:04:02)

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1.) I guess generally I'm sort of fast and at a medium volume. But I sometimes lapse into a mumble.

2.) Also that sort of flat, regionless American thing.

3.) Doesn't really make a difference to me. If I had to pick something I'd say I'm probably best at irritated or cluelessly happy.

4.) Nothing comes to mind.

5.) I'm pretty fluent.

6.) First thing that popped into my head was In Bruges, so I'll go with that, I guess.

Thumbs up Thumbs down