Topic: Sony's 'Men in Black 3' Nightmare

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2 … movie.html

Re: Sony's 'Men in Black 3' Nightmare

Starting a movie without a finished screenplay is one of the dumbest things you can do, especially with a director like Sonenfeld. That guy's a real-life Woodie Allen routine.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

I know you're kidding, but could you elaborate on that? I don't know enough about Sonnenfeld to have a particular opinion of the guy.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just watch the guy big_smile

EDIT: 800th post, hooray!

Last edited by Jimmy B (2012-05-21 20:01:00)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Congrats Jimmy!

No congratulations are in order for the makers of Men In Black 3 !

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Well... I would personally take this opportunity and congratulate Rick Baker. I may not know art but I know what I like.

---------------------------------------------
I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation.

This does remind me of how some animation is done, particularly a Pixar film or some anime. Pixar constantly pulls their movies apart and starts over, while if you watch anime you sometimes notice a complete change in plot half way through as the director realizes the thing isn't working (not recording dialog until after animation is done helps cover this kind of thing).

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sometimes that shit works. Troubled productions gave us Apocalypse Now, Blade Runner and Brazil. Also, Heaven's Gate, Alien 3 and apparently Green Lantern.

For the record, I didn't hate MIB 2, aside from the incredibly stupid plot stuff in the second half. The weird / awkward comedy made up to me for that, tho. I dunno why, but watching Will Smith try to fight his way off those plastic tubes for five minutes made me laugh. It just did. I've only seen it a few times, but each time I found myself wondering if that was done on purpose of if he just couldn't get the fuck off them and never broke character, thinking he was just clowning around for the crew at that point in what was obviously going to be a bad take... but then they used that take. It's also the only time I've ever laughed at that dude from the Daily Show.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Squiggly_P wrote:

Green Lantern.

With that in mind, I'd like to throw in the Star Wars Prequels.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

What a nerve Will Smith has got. Fancy wanting to know what the scene is about. He even expects that it should make sense. How pretentious. It's Men in Black, not Shakespeare.

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I was thinking the exact same thing. The dude was in Wild Wild West and Hancock. If anyone should be double-checking his scripts, it's him.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

To be fair, though, the original Hancock script was different from the film we got. It was a darker R rated flick that got diluted and changed to PG-13 as they went along.

Thumbs up Thumbs down