Topic: Here's how this works.

Welcome to the Reviews board. This is a place where we not only encourage, we ask you to post reviews for movies you've seen and want to talk about. We spend a lot of time talking about movies here, and we've even had reviews before over in Off Topic, but they tend to become whole conversations with snippets of opinion here and there. That's really fun. That should still happen. Half-cocked movie bullshit is a sterling tradition over in Off Topic, and not every movie you see will compel you to write a big thing.

This board is a place where you get home from the movie, wanna type up your thoughts longform, and totally do. It's a place to cook up a full review, post it, and get feedback on it. Not to mention, you know, this is a good, permalink-friendly place to share what you've written on your social networking stuff. Blah blah web 2.0.

1. The posts in this board will be your proper reviews, ideally in the realm of four or five paragraphs - or longer.

2. The thread title should be "[Title Of The Movie]" Review By [Your Name], and should be followed by one of three demarcations of spoilerhood. Spoilers if the whole thing is spoilery, No Spoilers if there's, you know, no spoilers, and Spoilers Marked if there's only a spoiler here or there and you're going to mark those spoilers in advance for readers who'll want to skip them.

3. If you want to review a movie that already has a review, make a new thread - don't post your review in the existing one. Think of this a being a board full of articles and comments sections.

4. Reviews of older movies are encouraged!

Let's see what happens. smile

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Here's how this works.

Can we link to our reviews in the posts? Because I've got this blog, and...

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm gonna say you can start a review by saying "re-post from my blog" or whatever, and then paste the content and formatting. There shouldn't be threads that are just a link to something else, though.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Cool. This is going to be fun!

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Can it be reviews of any film, not just new ones? In case we watch something for the first time or rewatch something. Also, can we review seasons of tv shows if we finish one? Maybe as a recommendation of shows that others may not be aware of (thinking of the different countries represented in the forum).  If the answer to the tv question is 'no', that's cool, just spitballing smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yes to all, far as I'm concerned. TV shows I'm interested to see how that goes, but if it works for everyone else, it works for me.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Cool. I was just thinking that since we have American folks (obviously) and UK folks (as well as lovely folks in other countries), they could help recommend shows to each other that they may not have seen before. But by actually reviewing stuff, of course. I have a few UK TV shows I need to rewatch and/or finish. I may just give reviewing them a try.

People are obviously under no obligation to either review TV shows or read the TV show threads big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yay!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Can DiF'ers and Reserve DiF'ers like myself post reviews?

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hell yeah.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

THIS BOARD HAS EXISTED FOR A WHOLE DAY AND NOBODY HAS POSTED A REVIEW

WHAT'S THE POINT IN HAVING YOU ALL

Someone write a big review of Brave or Prometheus or somethin,' shit. There's entire threads of opinions to rip off for those!

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I am working on reviews, Mr Teague, sir! I am not the best at writing reviews so, it takes me a wee bit longer to get one right. smile

Oh, and why don't you post a bloody review and stop yelling at us? big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I like yelling.  sad

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I see Doc Sub has posted a review for Brave.

Ya happy? big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

clap

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Easy, Teague, easy...go have a cookie
I have been meaning to write a review of "Star Trek: 2009" so if you are so insistent, I will oblige wink

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sorry to light up this board for you, even though there's not really any new posts.

I just wanted to draw your attention to the top post again. Read that shit. Y'all are seeing movies all the time, and a lot of other people on the board see 'em too, and nobody is talking about it. Write some reviews! We ain't lookin' for Shakespeare, here!

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey man, welcome to the forums.  When we discuss spoiler material, we always place it in the spoiler brackets which you can find as the little box with the question mark above where you type your texts.

Clicking it will place

Show

Right there.  Type any spoiler material in between those brackets please, even if you hate the movie.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Also this thread is just for Teaguestructions.

Actual reviews should go into a new thread in the subforum proper. smile

ZangrethorDigital.ca

and

and

some third thing

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Shit, woops, sorry guys.

"I'm mad as hell and have no choice but to keep taking it!"