Re: Top Five thread.

You have one seriously messed-up love live, Fig. These are my actual first five songs on my actual Monday morning playlist:

1. "Ride," Liz Phair
2. "Johnny Appleseed," Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros
3. "Sugar Free Jazz," Soul Coughing
4. "Beautiful Day," U2
5. "Guerilla Radio, Rage Against the Machine

Top five animal or child sidekicks in the movies.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1. Abu the monkey.  Unfortunately I can't give the top spot to Scooby fucking Do, since you said the movies.

2. Timone and Pumba.  Hakuna Matata.

3.  Alan, from the Hangover.  He counts as a child.

4.  Donkey.

5.  The bad guy's Pug from Pocahontas.

Close, but disqualified include the Candlestick from Aladdin,  Chewie, Mini Me, and Gollum.

Top 5 ways to make your death the best thing EVER.

When.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1. Deposit your body into a residential area by way of low flying aircraft.

2. Mix your ashes into a shotgun shell and use it to kill a drifter.

3. Require potential will recipients to eat part of you to qualify.

4. Jump off a cliff in a Superman outfit, into powerlines.

5. Stab yourself in the heart.

Top five ways to own a Down in Front panelist.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1. Buy them.  I'm thinking Finifter is just the right combination of pretty and helpless to be kidnapped and sold into sex slavery.

2. Make Eddie tap out.  I imagine I could do this, because I'm a pro wrestler, and obviously one of the world's elite in the ways of grappling.  I think I'll use the figure four.

3. Let Teague go a whole episode without correcting him once, then do it all at the end, interrupting him between "goodnights."

4. Trick Dorkman into thinking he's defeated you, then kill him with a clone of yourself.

5. http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/CreativeMountain/OMG074.jpg

Top five celebrities you'd like to make a guest appearance on DIF.

Last edited by Kyle (2010-05-21 23:11:22)

When.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1) Fitness celebrity John Basedow
2) Laugh In regular Ruth Buzzy
3) Energizer battery spokesman, Jacko
4) George Lazenby (but only if we do Golden Eye)
5) The stupid bitch from The Hills (pick any)

Pick the Top 5 meals you ever ate.

Last edited by Eddie (2010-05-21 23:48:09)

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Again in no order...

1.  First meal I cooked in San Diego after driving cross-country (Homemade Penne ala Vodka with Roasted Asparagus).

2.  Every time I go to Peter Luger's Steakhouse (Steak and creamed spinach).

3.  6am Sushi fresh off the a dock in Japan (everything on the menu).

4.  A slice of pizza from the spot on my block (If you haven't had New York Pizza, you haven't had pizza at all).

5.  Fresh catch at the Alibi Room in Seattle (Seattle was the first city I was in while traveling for work a couple years ago, and I spent my entire time there eating with the rest of the crew).

Top 5 nostalgic smells.

- Branco

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Nostalgia. By Veidt.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1. That smell you get at about 8-9pm on a summer night, absolute purity

2. After a huuuuge thunder storm, again absoltuly brilliant

3.Axe Pheonix Spray...this is the stuff I used when i first moved to Vancouver, now every time I smell it I can't help but think of my first few weeks out here

4. A freshly painted room...we moved a lot when I was growing up and always renovating something. So this ones brings back a lot of old memories.

5.The smell of sitting beside an open campfire on a chilly night. There is actually a smell associated with it. That's just the best I can describe it.

And question...
5 happiest days of your life.

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2010-05-23 05:08:42)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

1. A date with a particular girl, September 2005.

2. November 4, 2008

3. Watching Star Wars on the big screen after a childhood of watching it on VHS.

4. Meeting Gene Kranz and Jim Lovell and having them excited to meet me.

5. Every other of the few days I've spent with a particular girl.

Question, right. Umm....

Top 5 places you've visited.

Last edited by Brian (2010-11-17 17:56:52)

1. New York City is everything it's cracked up to be, good and bad.

2. Washington, DC. It's hard to believe we didn't fuck up the architecture and we've managed to build great museums. Never went outside the historic city center....

3. Las Vegas is surprisingly great.

4. The Netherlands seem like a small town and big city everywhere you go. Extremely nice people; graffiti everywhere. (Only place in Europe I've visited)

5. Disneyworld was pretty damn amazing when I was a kid.

Honorable mention: Cincinnati and Chicago. Great towns. Pittsburgh is surprisingly good too, but Pittsburgh drivers will run your ass over even if you're in the crosswalk with the walk signal.

Dishonorable mentions: Newark is a shithole and Milwaukee stinks of beer. Hawaii wasn't great, but Christmas is the wrong time of year.

Question....

Top five historical heroes....

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

"Desperado," with shots of rotgut tequila.

"Top Gun," with cheap American beer in cans.

"The Maltese Falcon," with bourbon stashed in the bottom desk drawer.

"From Russia with Love," with gin martinis because fuck Bond, vodka martinis are just nasty.

And "The Fountain," with expensive imported lightly carbonated bottled water so as to maintain the perfect clarify of mind that that film requests — no, demands of its audience.

Top five euphemisms for conspicuous and decisive public failure.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Look at Jeff with his ten dollar words.

I'll wait until one of you asks a question in terms I can handle, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

When.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm taking this one vaguely.

1) Sigh.

2) Doh.

3) Fail.

4) Teague.

5) Nice.

Top 5 times you have knocked someone/seen someone/ or you yourself been knocked unconscious. If you live non-confrontational lives, I guess you can use movies.

Last edited by TrowaGP02a (2010-05-25 22:01:36)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Watch someone come and take this one from Kyle.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

A part of me is kind of hoping, just to see the aftermath.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Can't really help you there.  I've only been knocked out cold twice, both via wrestling, and they're both fairly innocuous stories.  One time a guy clotheslined my fucking brain out of my skull and the next thing I do I was sitting on the mat feeling confused.  The other time a guy kicked my fucking brain out of my skull, and I woke up on the mat feeling confused... then I got up and beat the tar out of him.  Never knocked anyone out, to my knowledge.  Now, if this were a general bodily harm thing, I've knocked a few people's teeth out and recieved my fair share of bruises, black eyes, busted lips, dislocated jaws, and probably a concussion or two.

Eddie's gonna have better stories on forced unconciousness than I, I'd wager.

When.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Kyle wrote:

... and probably a concussion or two.

Not to be a word Nazi, but I think you mean "prolaby a comcussion or two". Have you been checked for brain damage? It supposably tends to show up first as a qualming of the vocabumary.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Ill do the KO'd one....

1) Team USA Shidokan, April 1996.  I was fighting Pat White, ten years my senior, the returning champ, and better at my own strengths than I was.  My strategy in the tournament was to initiate as many clinches as possible and gain points from throws.  Pat locks me in a thai clinch and starts throwing knees.  I block the forst 4, but when I tried to throw a punch he got one straight up the middle as he turned my head.  The knee hit my temple...so I'm told.

2)  Training for that fight, one of my sparring partners was a former Junior Olympic Tae Kwon Do medalist.  I was trying to train how to close the distance on opponents who had a longer reach than I .  One session, he kicks the inside ofmy knee, and with the same leg not touching the ground, wheels it up to an axe kick that lands on the back of my head and drops me. 

3)  http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 … 1334721347

4) In Jiu Jitsu, my brother and I are rolling.  Hes bigger and stronger, I have better technique.  He gets the takedown, I almost get his back and have half of a kata-hajime choke on him.  He has a forearm in my neck.  Neither of us taps out.  We both go out roughly the same time.

5)  My instructor, and I swear to god this is his real name, Eddie Bravo is getting a feature profile done on him in Grappling Magazine.  He asks me to be his Uke and demonstrate technique.  Here's one of the photos.  http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 … 1334721347

Anyway, he demonstrates a triangle choke from the mount  Unlike other chokes, if you get a mounted triangle you're not as in control of the pressure.  It's literally your body weight on the dudes caroted artery.  As the technique is being applied, the cameramans battery dies.  As he's changing batteries, Im turning purple.  I sputter out, "Takkkkkkee the fffffucking pppphhhhotoooo."  Eddie starts laughing, I start laughing.  Now we have the church giggles.  While I'm waiting for us to not laugh so he can take the photo, I go out.  I wake up to everyone laughing.

I've rarely put someone else out.  I pride myself on my control and in my Jiu Jitsu torunaments, most guy are smart enough to tap.  I have, and I am in no way proud of this, torn ankle cartiledge and sadly, an acl on two of my teammates.  It was during sparring and it was no ones fault really.  I've felt awful about it since, and both times, both guys were very cool and forgiving.  For my sins, Ive also torn my Meniscus, had my nose broken twice, and dislocated my middle left toe in two places at once. 

I've knocked a couple guys down in training before (usually body shots, and once with a superman punch) but never an outright KO.  You knock people out in sparring and you get a reputation as a dick.

Top 5 concerts.

Last edited by Eddie (2010-05-26 02:18:12)

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1. Ben Folds, trio.

2. Boston. With Delp.

3. Weird Al.

4. Devil Doll.

5. Steve Miller.

Top 5 most physically painful moments in your life.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1-4 falling off a stairwell and breaking my face
5. 2004 ALCS yanks/sox (seriously...made me sick)

Top 5 WTF moments (life or movie)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I don't know who you are, Shackman, but I like you...

- Branco

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Shackman wrote:

Top 5 WTF moments (life or movie)

1)  The Yakuza
http://i49.tinypic.com/rhqzhg.jpg
What kind of work? International ball sac inspector?

2)  Akira
http://i46.tinypic.com/332ardk.jpg
The 1st time i saw this i was really wondering wtf. Especially with the wierd music.

3)  Network
http://i47.tinypic.com/eq15ds.jpg
Can you imaging this happening for real, with 40m people watching live?

4)  The Elephant Man
http://i49.tinypic.com/9pxrvk.jpg
Dude, are you showing a woman getting raped by an elephant? Lynch was offered Dune based on this. Drugs were so cheap in the 80's! *sigh*

5)  Bush's reaction
http://www.historycommons.org/events-images/295_card_tells_bush2050081722-9210.jpg
He just sat there not knowing how to react. Scary stuff.

Next: Hottest actresses. As in Phoebe Cates in Fast Times...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dude. Seriously. Props for the visual aids. (This is me taking the high ground instead of sniffing at you for making the rest of us look lazy.)

1. Rachel Weisz in her librarian glasses from "The Mummy." Second only to Rachel Weisz in that one shot in "The Mummy" you know the one I mean and I would so screenshot it for you if I had the DVD but I don't so here's this instead you're welcome.

2. Veronica Lake in "Sullivan's Travels." I don't know how else to say it, but something about her, her look, her performance, the whole thing … something just seems totally contemporary. It's hard to explain. She seems anachronistic.

3. Sarah Alexander. You've never heard of her. There was this BBC show — ahem, "programme" — in the 90s called "People Like Us." Fucking hilarious; you should look it up. Anyway, she played a flirtatious real-estate agent. It's enough to make you want to buy a house. In England. When you don't live there.

4. Famke Janssen. Do you guys remember the "Star Trek" episode she was in? True story. It was 1992, I was nineteen years old, and oh. My. God. Look at her in that, then look at a picture of her taken forty-five seconds ago. Stuffed in some attic somewhere is a painting of her that's getting uglier and uglier.

5. Kristen Stewart in "Into the Wild" and I really need you all to shut up right now 'cause she was over the age of consent at the time — barely — and I can't control who makes me stupid so don't hate. Besides, have you seen that one scene? The one where she tries to convince Emile Hirsch she's eighteen? Dude.

Next up: Top five best days of your life. Go. (Automatic disqualification for anybody who says "the day my baby was born," because seriously, that's just cheating.)

EDIT: OH DAMN EVERYTHING. Teague already asked that one. Okay … um … top five funniest jokes that are clean enough for you to tell your date's parents.

Last edited by Jeffery Harrell (2010-05-30 00:33:09)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Jeffery Harrell wrote:

1. Rachel Weisz

She might be in the next Star Trek movie, i hope they make her a Deltan.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Jeffrey Harrell wrote:

4. Famke Janssen. Do you guys remember the "Star Trek" episode she was in? True story. It was 1992, I was nineteen years old, and oh. My. God. Look at her in that, then look at a picture of her taken forty-five seconds ago. Stuffed in some attic somewhere is a painting of her that's getting uglier and uglier.

Yeah. The painting is titled "The Way Famke Janssen Interacts with Other Human Beings -- 2006".

- Branco

Thumbs up Thumbs down