Topic: Dynamo Webseries

Hello! I hate looking like I'm joining a forum just to spam around my stuff, but! Teague told me to! And I've been a listener for a long time and wanting to join for a while now, so -

Here's a thing I've been working on! First episode of a show I'd love to work on over the next few years. Basically just wanted to be able to work on something that would let me experiment and remember how to hold a camera again.

Nice to be here!

Thumbs up +4 Thumbs down

Re: Dynamo Webseries

This belongs in the future. Probably  smile

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Do you have an official fan club I can join? With laminated membership cards and everything?

Seriously, tho, this is really good. You should keep doing this.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Man, I've been a fan of your stuff for a while, but this is easily my favorite. Very unique, and I have absolutely no idea where it's going. And it could seemingly go ANYWHERE, which makes it exciting. I hope you do more episodes.

Also... love the fedora robot.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ian is a fucking pimp. Very cool project.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This is so fucking good it should be packaged in a small bag and sold to school children, all clandestine like.

Fantastic job Ian, how long have you been putting it together?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

More Space Hobo! Emo Space Hobo makes me happy!

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Haha, awesome! Yeah, been working on it for a few months, off and on, though it's based on a story I'd been talking about off and on with my housemate for a few years now (he plays the Bearded Guy).

I'm heading over to Amsterdam midway through February, so I'm trying to see if I can get 2-3 episodes filmed before then... we'll see how it goes. Also gotta finish up a bunch of other stuff. And how is it already the 20th of January!?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The Ian is HERE? Teague and myself was just talking about you! It's almost as if..... it was predestined (or, perhaps, coz Teague invited you since we talked? Who knows? wink )

WELCOME! In the Future! Probably! Ideality!

/Z

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ZAP! Yeah, Teague told me I should finally get off my butt and join, so I did. Wasn't expecting to see you here!

Whew. I finally did a thing last night I've been wanting to do for years. Made a TV table for a scene.

And what, you refuse to wonder, is playing on this TV?

http://www.robotsoup.com/extra/FriesAreDelicious.jpg

Last edited by Ian (2012-01-28 02:05:24)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/006/y-u-no-guy.jpg
IAN, Y U NO TELL US OF NEW EPISODE?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIYgBDCqDvQ

Awesome as always. I like where this series is going.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hah! Thanks!

And I was going to! But then I thought, "Man! I can't just visit a forum to talk about my own stuff!" You have no idea how much I stress this! But I had to swing by the forum and comment on Teague's little masterpiece.

But yes! As you said! Episode 2! Kavonaghan!

I've been working on this whole thing for a few years, and a couple years ago I started trying to tell this side of it as a comic. I gave up on quickly, because the few perfectionist bones in my body are apparently in my hands, cause I spent hours per panel, which I eventually realized was too slow a pace for my taste (and since I came up with it right after high school it was derivative as hell). Filming turned out to be way faster- got it all in the can in a couple days, spent a few more on post, and bam!

But yeah! I've got a few more episodes worth filmed, and I'm just trying to wrap up post so I can keep releasing them from over the ocean.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That's cool. I wasn't sure if the series would end up on an extended hold due to mango. Glad that you'll (hopefully) be able to fit another episode or two into your schedule. Dynamo is one of the best things.

Period.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

-and 4 months later-

... yeah. So it did get slowed down a bit. Working on Mango, and also finally geting Project London wrapped up are both good things, though!

The super cool news is that a huge chunk of the talented folks that worked on finishing all the PL sound are on board to do the audio- the bummer is that audio was never exactly the bottleneck. But! It's a start!

That to say; episode 3 is finally done! And with any luck ep 4 will be along pretty soon. One of the hard parts is trying to keep things going from across the ocean- there are a lot of little problems that could have been fixed with a day of pickups, but it's also probably nothing that couldn't be fixed with a ton of CG hmm  Ahhhh well.

Episode 3!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I have no idea what these things are - yet? - and I'm still fucking blown away by them.

You're getting to be all-powerful, Ian. Don't succumb to corruption!

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Man, I forgot about Mango. How's that going? I can't say I had high hopes watching them go into production with what they had, but I guess if anyone could do it, the BF could.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Mango goes fairly well! We just released a teaser a week ago.  It'll definitely be a film, and it'll definitely be a bit bizarre, but I'm hopeful folks will enjoy it. Even if nothing else, it's been wild to be able to work in the same room with so many talented people (so much easier giving feedback in person than in email. Sooooo much easier.)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

And another one! Man, I wish I could get these out faster than every four months- and the next one's gonna be just absurd (we have a good half-dozen major sequences. Might be worth seeing if they can be split up a bit). Still though, this is the funnest format I can think of working in; just wanna slide over to more shooting and less post!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

*head desk*

I love Ian.

I hate Ian.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Need. More. Dynamo.

/Z

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I saw that there was an update in this thread and got super excited, only to find that it was only about there being no updates. Hrmph.

Last edited by HenryChM (2013-05-04 01:06:37)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Okay, I'm incredibly late to the party, but this is fucking FANTASTIC!!!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Right?

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It hits all the spots I have. All the spots!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Why have I just found this now????????? This is AMAZING!

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down