Re: Trailer for some whale movie

Okay. He tried Tiny Chat, but his Internet connection doesn't seem to be reliable enough. It keeps dropping out and forcing him to re-enter. He had similar trouble with Skype yesterday, doing a trans-Atlantic commentary with the Doctor from Speakeasy. Very frustrating... aaaccording to him.

Looks like it will be a regular live-to-tape commentary, a la Sharktopus and Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Is done. Will post by 11 PM Eastern on Tysto.com.

Video is available here, altho it's awfully low quality.
Tysto's 2010: Moby Dick commentary

And I must say, the film was extremely disappointing in how terrible it wasn't. Sets, CGI, acting, directing... all terrific.

But what the hell—no subtitles?!

Last edited by Zarban (2010-11-28 03:50:27)

How bout that Seahawk copilot, huh? Oh yeah.

Brian Finifter wrote:

How bout that Seahawk copilot, huh? Oh yeah.

Well, what is there to say? It's really a movie about a Seahawk copilot that gets involved in the hunt for a submarine that is involved in the hunt for a giant whale.

Surely in the history of Zarban.com, there have been few, if any, movies that have had TWO commentaries appear online within the first week of DVD release.

By the way, don't tell me if it's actually happened many times before.  Leave me with my illusions.

Trey wrote:

Surely in the history of Zarban.com, there have been few, if any, movies that have had TWO commentaries appear online within the first week of DVD release.

Other than Avatar and Twilight and also New Moon, no.

Also, Tysto's exact words of praise for Seahawk Co-Pilot are, "Uh-oh—whoa—heyo! We just about lost a helicopter! [pause] That other guy was awfully calm. That helicopter co-pilot was like, 'What are you doing? Are you—wha?—oh, did we almost crash?'" And then, very quietly under his breath, almost obscured by the tape hiss on the cassette: "Goddamn, he's a handsome devil."

Last edited by Zarban (2010-11-28 04:43:01)

Trey wrote:

...nothing would please me more than to see

2010: Moby Dick (6)

at the near-top of Zarban.com...

Less than one week after release, and we're already at

2010: Moby Dick (2)

and thanks to Asylum's brilliant game-the-system titling strategy, right at the top of the page, no scrolling.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Trey wrote:

I love it when a plan comes together.

Speaking of which, Trey has a director's tag now...
Trey "the Amazing" Stokes

And I've tagged this one "kaiju" (because the movie features a giant monster) and "official" (because the commentary features cast and crew).

Last edited by Zarban (2010-11-29 04:27:35)

Zarban wrote:
Trey wrote:

Wait, so then if I release my commentaries for Ark - which I've already recorded but not made public - then the Pink Five commentaries plus a hypothetical Moby Dick commentary gives me a director tag?

You already have four entries for the various Pink Five shorts, so just one commentary outside the Star Wars franchise qualifies you for a director tag. I forget how many episodes of Ark there are, but just a few more commentaries would actually put you on the Directors tag cloud in between Tobe Hooper and the Wachowskis.

And the induction ceremony for that is off the hook. Vegas... no-limit gambling... three-breasted hookers... drugs that have to be synthesized in space... You get to punch Joel Schumacher in the face... You get to find out exactly what's up with Larry Wachowski... The whole enchilada.

However, I don't want to kid you. John Carpenter is in charge of hazing this year.

Well, there goes one of our perks.... Don't worry. We're replacing it with a special Twitter feed that notifies you when John Goodman is back on the sauce and when Lindsey Lohan is back off.

Also, due to Joel Schumacher's advancing age, we're replacing him with McG in the punch-in-the-face event.

SWEET.

*starts taping up knuckles*

Trey wrote:

Wait, so then if I release my commentaries for Ark - which I've already recorded but not made public

If you did this I'd love to hear them smile

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Faldor wrote:
Trey wrote:

Wait, so then if I release my commentaries for Ark - which I've already recorded but not made public

If you did this I'd love to hear them smile

It's 9 episodes of Trey going 'Here's a shot I've made by myself with no money.... here's another one....I did this aswell....yup, that one too....actually this was made with some help from....nope, still me' wink

Thumbs up Thumbs down