Topic: #40 - the Pink Five Story

Testy testy.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Re: #40 - the Pink Five Story

Is this from ages-n-ages ago or a recently done one you did in secret, cos I don't remember seeing any "we're going live in 60mins" tweats since the Aurora one.  :confused:

[edit] secret =  big_smile

Last edited by Fido (2012-08-14 05:56:59)

Jason doesn't teleport.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Secret. smile

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

In like Flynn.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm helping!

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Where's that behind-the-scenes clip from the redwoods? Linkaroo?

/Z

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You know Pink Five would really be enhanced by frequent radial and star transitions.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Take me? Big whoop, dead am I smile

Dave wrote:

You know Pink Five would really be enhanced by frequent radial and star transitions.

Now you'll have a chance to sneak those in yourself.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey Trey,... when you're doing the special editions...

Show
please take the Imperial Shuttle out of the last shot of Return of Pink Five Vol. 2.  By that point in Return of the Jedi, Luke and Vader have already taken that Shuttle to the Death Star.

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

I'd definitely be interested in helping with the compositing.  smile

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Faldor wrote:

I'd definitely be interested in helping with the compositing.  smile

I'm in aswell.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just spent a good bit of time plugging and asking people to plug the Kickstarter page, so hopefully it's of some help! I'm also down for the vfx stuff as well.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I probably will talk myself into blowing money on the DVD pledge level, because, you know, DVD. Luckily, the last thing I pledged for flopped, so that money is still available smile

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I managed to get Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal, the current lead guitarist for Guns N' Roses to tweet & Facebook the Kickstarter link.

Last edited by Owen_Ward (2012-08-14 21:14:09)

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

*blink*

That's amazing.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

In, adding to the groundswell of VFX volunteers.

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

His Facebook post on it has 42 likes already, hopefully at least one person will back it! I've sent the link to a few more people/websites too.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'd like to help out on this. In a weird way, Trey is sort of indirectly responsible for me getting into visual effects at home in the first place. I think it was 2003, on a whim I picked up a Star Wars Insider at the grocery store, and it had a few articles about fan-films in it. One of them was talking about the fan-film awards for that year, and the bit that I remember the most was about Pink Five. It talked about Trey and Amy filming that together on a blue screen in his kitchen, and Trey doing the effects on his home computer. That idea made me really excited, so I made my own green screen and downloaded all the VFX freeware I could find. Of course the article only had stills from the short (and maybe one blue-screen image?), and being on my parents' dial-up I didn't get the chance to actually see Pink Five until years later. But it was conceptual inspiration, at least. Before I read that article, I didn't even know you could DO that kind of stuff on a home computer.

But yeah... I'd be down for helping in whatever way I'm allowed. I have CG and compositing skills bordering on "passable."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Owen Ward wrote:

I managed to get Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal, the current lead guitarist for Guns N' Roses to tweet & Facebook the Kickstarter link.

Well, that's very... wait, what?

Damn - Owen is NOT messing around, folks.    Who's gonna top THAT one?    Anyone?   Anyone? smile

Somebody put us on Reddit, launch all upvote fighters!
http://www.reddit.com/r/scifi/comments/ … _pink_five

Teague wrote:

*blink*

That's amazing.

I agree. There's a "current" member of Guns N' Roses?

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Trey wrote:

Somebody put us on Reddit, launch all upvote fighters!
http://www.reddit.com/r/scifi/comments/ … _pink_five

I actually posted to r/StarWars yesterday, but it didn't pick up any steam. hmm

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I can barely type, much less perform sfx wizardry, but I'll be contributing to Kickstarter and tweeting (all 8 of my followers will know the name Pink Five!).  I can provide moral support.  If you need someone to call every few days and just say (in an Eddie Izzard Druid voice) "Well done, everyone.  You're doing VERY well." - I can do that.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I'm afraid I'm presently short on money, but I can certainly help with roto. You've seen my work in the lightsaber videos I've done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyWMPKqYz3g

I've used After Effects, Shake and Motion to do them. I prefer to do them in Motion because that's what I normally work in. If all you need is the rendered Alphas, then that should work for you. If you absolutely need them done in AE then I can do that as well.

And I can do all sorts of roto, not just sabers.

Thumbs up Thumbs down