Re: Sad Max

I went to go just watch that song in Sad Max to compare, and ended up watching all the way to the end. And then starting it over so I could watch from the beginning. I'd forgotten how good it was.

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Wow. Thanks, man.

Seriously, Paul killed this. I wanna do a duet cover when I get back to LA.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You've got an incredible voice. With proper training, you'd be one hell of a singer.

(not that your singing here wasn't good - it was; you nailed this cover  smile )

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

finally got around to this, and while im not a fan of musicals, you fucking sang your heart out.

Thanks man.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Beautiful.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I really enjoy this short film as I have said on twitter many times. For a fun note to anyone with a gaming console if you have the YouTube app and a nice NIG screen TV the short sounds amazing and really looks great. Plus it's nice to sit on the couch and watch people work. Great job.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I love Paulou.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Daaaayum guys. Nicely done. Holy shit! 1:39 is when I lost it entirely, Paul, I would love to hear you do some more stuff in that range. The octave above thing just throws me off every time. *shrug* Just does.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

He's got a great voice.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

He's got an amazing voice. That's one hell of a voice range.

Loved it guys! You could do more of these for Sad Max, with cool harmonics stuff!

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The song is nice but the piano needs tuning.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Beautiful. And it's a weird coincidence, considering I watched Sad Max again last night on my new Apple TV tongue

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Whee. Thanks guys. Teague next time I'm over let's do some Kate Bush covers. And I hereby retire that stare-into-the-camera-for-no-reason thing I've been doing.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Running Up That Hill?

Can I sing like the guy from Placebo? Oh can I?!

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Let's exchange the experience.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Listening to Running Up That Hill again reminds me of this drum break from this Haim show last month. Since when they're singing they do lots of great Bush-y vocal harmonies.

Coincidentally, I remember the person shooting this video standing in front of me and being annoyed with them.

We should find some floor toms.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Holy crap, sing it like placebo!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I want in.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague- I already commented on the Youtube page, but I'll add that I hope you do another such project that's even more ambitious, with an unreliable narrator full of self-deception and cognitive dissonance until he finally realizes/admits who he is (or does he...?).

Also, is the name Sad Max just a reference to the post-apocalyptic Mad Max, or were you also thinking of the disembodied head of Max Headroom?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I can't take credit for the Max Headroom reference, but I wish I could.

No, it was literally that I had been working on this for months, and was holding off on putting up the poster until I had a title. When I was in production, and had shot the teasers, and was ready to post them... I needed a name, and Sad Max was the one I liked best in the ten minutes I spent making a decision.

It had a bunch of temp names along the way, but none were good. (The Musical at the End of the Internet.) End of the day, "Sad Max" is an easy abstraction to remember, so fuck it. That was also when his name became "Max." True story.

Glad you liked it. Thanks for the kind words.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just thought I'd mention that "The Internet Song" is my alarm for this semester of college, and both my roommates are wondering who the hell the guy on the piano that wakes them up every morning at 6:15 is.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aD7jU5myBr8/UA0mM-DWTFI/AAAAAAAAGmw/PMjpZx8OwsI/s200/its-not-you-its-me.jpg

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Nothing like that, Teague, fret not. tongue

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I've been obsessed with Sad Max since I watched it a couple weeks ago, and I've been sending the link to everyone I know, but it really hit home with one of my friends.

The situation is this: my best friend is really sick. Like, had to take time off school, is in and out of the hospital sick. She's at home now, and basically can't leave - she hasn't got the energy. What she has got is a fantastic sense of humor, so I sent her the link with the note, "You're trapped in your house and possibly dying - wanna see a musical about it?" (My dad thought this was insensitive, but she thought it was hilarious.)
Anyway. She loved it as much as I did. And not only did she love it, but it inspired her to work on a creative endeavor of her own, and not just watch Supernatural 24/7. I think she really needed a project.

So thanks, Teague. You've made both of us disproportionately happy. (And I eagerly anticipate your album. Seriously - Insidious Communist Propaganda of Steve is already my favourite song.)

alicia ♆
twitter | instagram | website