Re: Obscure personal questions.

I've never drunk called or texted anybody, but I have a really bad habit of being social networky when drunk. I've stemmed the tide a bit by logging out of all of my shit after the first drink, but I can't tell you how many times I've been mortified at what I've posted online when the morning after came. It's usually not something actually embarrassing, it's just stuff that I'd otherwise not say, or say differently.

The decision "yeah, I'll post that, I'm sure people are interested" is something that happens much more frequently when drunk. (For instance, last night's tweets about my mom's car breaking down? Drunk. I'm not embarrassed by what I tweeted, but it's not like it really needed to be said, either. That kind of thing.)

I'm actually fairly mortified by my drunker episodes of DIF. This, among other reasons, is why there's not as much drinking on the air these days. The Princess Bride is a too-drunk episode. I actually passed out on Armageddon, that one really kills me.

What was the most instructive "negative example" you've ever witnessed? Something where you saw how someone (or you) handled something, and you learned forever not to do that.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

The Princess Bride is a too-drunk episode.

Really? I know you guys had had a bit too much that particular episode, but I don't recall it inhibiting the episode too much save for the occasional struggle to pronounce a word correctly.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just me, really. You know when Mike says me and Princess Bride need to bang and get it over with? That's in response to typical drunk-person "ohmygodIloveyouman, noyouarethebest, noyou, ohmygodIloveyou."

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

What was the most instructive "negative example" you've ever witnessed? Something where you saw how someone (or you) handled something, and you learned forever not to do that.

I hit my brother after he hit me during a fight. I felt so horrible by it that I apologized a million times and even now cringe at my reaction. I don't think we have spoken of it again.

What was your most unfortunate wardrobe choice anyone saw?

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh yes. I drunk FB messaged a girl asking when we should get together. An okay gesture, had it not been for the fact I was currently dating a Swedish chick.

She ignored it, Luckily.

Ever woken up the morning after someplace you had no idea where was?

Last edited by Tomahawk (2013-01-27 16:05:32)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Tomahawk wrote:

Ever woken up the morning after someplace you had no idea where was?

A very timely question. This past Thursday actually. I woke up in the hospital. I went snowboarding with a friend that day and the last thing I remember before waking up in the hospital bed was just that I had been snowboarding. I don't know exactly what happened because my friend was ahead of me on the slope and didn't see it, but I had a severe concussion. Apparently I hit my head very hard in some way, then I got up and made it down the hill and my friend said I was really confused so he took me to the infirmary. Then from there they medevaced me to the closest hospital where I stayed the night. I'm okay now, but I can't remember anything from the event (including the awesome helicopter ride), and I still can't really shake my head yet without it hurting. And my semester starts tomorrow! Yippee.

So my question is... What year is it, and is time travel a thing yet?

Last edited by Sam F (2013-01-27 19:49:03)

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Wow, Sam. Glad you're alright. That sounds really unsettling.

(It's 2014, you're a year late on your taxes.)

What's the worst physical pain you've inflicted on somebody, intentionally or otherwise?

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Thanks Teague. Yeah my girlfriend was definitely unsettled, to say the least.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

What's the worst physical pain you've inflicted on somebody, intentionally or otherwise?

I once stamped on a guy's balls during a 'fight' when I was 13. I can't remember what started it, but he came at me and I put him down quickly then stamped. I imagine he was in pretty severe agony after that.

Among my friends, we also try to 'gully-ma' each other, that is attempt to replicate the Temple of Doom ritual, whenever defenses are lowered for too long. I know it hurts like hell.

What's the worst thing you've ever said to somebody?

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just wanna comment real quick on a couple things before I get to the last question.

Allison wrote:

Have you ever drunk called/texted someone you shouldn't have?

I once called a girl I liked and mocked her voicemail greeting of "Hello this is X, please leave me a message and I'll call you back" with "Hello this is Alex, I'm drunk, lets fuck."

Good times.

I frequently call/text people when I get drunk. It's fun, consequences be damned.

Jimmy B wrote:

She laughed in my face then I got teased and bullied for months at school by other boys (and some girls). In retrospect, she was a bit of a nasty bitch....

That's a first ballot Hall of Fame cunt.

redxavier wrote:

What's the worst thing you've ever said to somebody?

I think I have too many instances to list. I can get pretty brutal with words when I get pissed off enough.

Has anyone ever caught you pleasuring yourself?

Last edited by Ewing (2013-01-27 22:37:41)

Yes. But she joined in on the fun.

Ever been so drunk you actually REALLY hurt yourself physically?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

No but I was so so close to killing myself. Was drunk, we went to the swimming pool in my town. Climed the fence and I took of my clothes and jumped from a high concrete bank into the deep end. In the air I saw the pool had been emptied during the night and was just starting to fill up. Fortunately there was about a meter of water in the bottom where I was jumping into and it broke my fall. Drunk as we were we just moved over to the hot tub and the sauna. In retrospect I was close to killing my self there. The fall down must have been at least 5-6 meters.

What's the weirdest animal you have ever eaten?

Last edited by AshDigital (2013-01-28 00:53:12)

---------------------------------------------
I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation.

Ohmygod that is so terrifying!

Sorry, I'm not Bear Grylls, I can't answer that.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I could answer with frogs or snails, but I guess it wouldn't count as they're not weird to eat to me.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Snails*

*not French, but ate them in France

What's your weirdest, irrational compulsion?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

When I'm eating, I'll lance something with my fork, and regardless of what it is, I give it a couple small shakes, as if it's dripping wet and I'm shaking off excess sauce or something.  It could be rice, or piece of chicken, or a hunk of butternut squash DRY AS A BONE, and I still shake it a couple times.  Drives my wife NUTS.

Last time you accidentally really offended someone and felt bad about it.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Apparently Rian Johnson, about three hours ago.

Most horrifying thought that occurred to you, and you were shocked that you'd thought it.

I came out of the Bank of America on Sunset and Vine once to find a homeless woman bent over the trashcan rummaging through food.  She was wearing short terri cloth shorts, and lets just say her figure wasn't flattering to begin with, especially since half of her ass crack was visible.  The part of me that still is a 12 year old shit head trying to impress the awful kids in his school screamed loud enough to echo inside my skull, "PANTS HER!"

I was so shocked that by my own evil that I gave her 40 dollars. She was shocked to, and before she could say thank you, I high tailed it back to my office.

Have you ever pantsed anyone?

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This is so weird.

I came out of the Bank of America on Sunset and Vine once to find a homeless woman bent over the trashcan rummaging through food.  She was wearing short terri cloth shorts, and lets just say her figure wasn't flattering to begin with, especially since half of her ass crack was visible.  The part of me that still is a 12 year old shit head trying to impress the awful kids in his school screamed loud enough to echo inside my skull, "PANTS HER!"

And I DID, and she was so shocked she dropped 40 bucks. And I was like, "CRACK KILLS!" and high tailed it back to my office, 40 smackers richer.

What's the most unusual thing you've ever owned?

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

I can't find a picture of this online, and I'm not sure exactly what to call it, so I'll use multiple images to try to give you an idea of what this was.

Okay, so this:

http://www.lins-antiques.com/photos/m3101x.jpg

But shaped more like this, and without the cap. Just a little glass car.

http://www.uglycars.co.uk/images/guest/large/600-le-seyde.jpg

Filled with water, and a bunch of tiny these (in yellow, orange, and green):

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ng6qupPZO9k/TFBnGNJ29AI/AAAAAAAAB7k/hiQPWL6lLR4/s1600/P6235211.JPG

So yeah. Just a little glass car filled with water and little colored smily faces. Sort of like a snow globe. My Aunt gave it to me for Christmas when I was little and I actually kept it on my dresser for a few years. I have no clue where she found a thing like that, or why she thought it might be something I'd like. She's a terrible gift giver. So yeah, weirdest thing I can think of.

So, ever not wear your seatbelt and pay for it (physically or monetarily)?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I can't imagine any valid reason not to wear a seatbelt.  So, no.  Never.

I am omitting my childhood years when there were still many cars that didn't have seat belts, but I think that's a bit of a technicality.  smile

But that's not really an answer in the spirit of the game, so I leave the question open for the next person.

Haha, seeing as my question might not get a positive answer in the near future, I'll open it up to breaking the law in general (besides the average speeding ticket, unless it's interesting) to keep things rolling.

Last edited by Sam F (2013-01-29 05:09:37)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think I've been ticketed for speeding at least 30 times, the top being 91 in a 65, I think. That can't be average.

I PREDICT THIS WILL NOT SURPRISE TEAGUE

Most famous or favorite celebrity encounter?

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Depends on how you mean. I've "met" much more famous people than I've met. I've been in the same room as Samuel L. Jackson, Natalie Portman, and Jason Bateman.

Of the ones I've actually met-met, though, most famous is probably Neil Patrick Harris or George Takei. Maybe Shia.

Grossest bodily experience you've had?

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I was one bad audition away from getting to have drinks and hang out with Kevin MacDonald. Does that count?

(In answer to the other question...when I was in grade 5, I once told the cashier at the corner store that I had 2 dollars worth of candy when I actually had 3, and he didn't count it to make sure. It's a crime that still haunts me to this day.)

ZangrethorDigital.ca