Topic: Fringe - (Probably spoilers eventually)

Just finished season 2 (After watching all episodes of both seasons in a period of 3 days, yah...) I gotta say I'm diggin on it for the most part, but I'm afraid that most of that is simply an attachment to the actors and characters.

Looking at it, I'm afraid that as a complete and distinct story it is falling apart at the seams. The through lines are picked up and dropped faster than I can count, major plot points are picked up and dropped (oh and did anyone else notice the wonderfully inexplicable zombiefication of Charlie halfway through season 2 without any explanation, just so they could air a "lost" episode?)

My mind is just buzzing with so much fringe right now, I just need to get it out there and see what other people think. It's sad because I want so much to love the shit outta this show and so far it's only letting me get to be a "good friend".

Anyways, discuss.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Re: Fringe - (Probably spoilers eventually)

JJ is better at movies than TV.

I loved the musical noir episode.

The season one cliffhanger was amazing, and I sat next to the guy who did it while at Zoic and picked his brain about how.

These are my statements about Fringe.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hehe, yeah, as much as the other stuff is cool, that noir episode is propbably the best 40 mins of TV I have seen in a long while, combing two of my favorite genres, I mean c'mon.

Feel like sharing any of those brain pickings? I was curious myself. The best I've got so far is a photo mapped 3D model with fully 3D additions comp'd onto a custom shot live action plate.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

That's more or less it. After a certain point, it becomes an actual plate of the WTC shot pre-2001.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Seriously? You liked the noir episode? I thought it was terrible, a casualty of Fox's musical week stunt. My main problem was that it came during a major story arc, and did nothing to progress it. But also that the songs were dumb, and the singing mediocre.

Posted from my iPad
http://trek.fm

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Gregory Harbin wrote:

But also that the songs were dumb, and the singing mediocre.

That's why I loved it. When the episode started I had no clue about it's musically aspects, so when they came up it was like Walters Brown Betty addled mind just decided to sing this little portion of the story. I loved it, and the fact that it wasn't some rip roaring Broadway showstopper just added to it.

ZangrethorDigital.ca