Topic: Will.i.am is a Terrible Person

I am so offended i.cant.even.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Will.i.am is a Terrible Person

Wow.   Poe's Law strikes again.

This plays like a rejected pitch at the Onion offices:  "What's THE most insipid thing anyone might do in response to Sandy Hook?"

"Uh... this?"

I...have no words now.
I wish I knew why people need to rap about tragedies?

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

For the sake of my sanity and ongoing happiness, I'm just going to forget this exists.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

When in doubt, always trust RnB artists to make things worse.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Despicable.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

fireproof78 wrote:

Money and free advertising.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"I am Jack's complete lack of surprise..."

The same thing happened when our president (and 95 other people) died in a plane crash in 2010. Some people will use any opportunity for shameless self-promotion. We've had our fair share of that for the last 3 years... I'm sorry to see that now it's America's turn.

So honor the valiant who die 'neath your sword
But pity the warrior who slays all his foes...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Lamer wrote:
fireproof78 wrote:

Money and free advertising.

Don't use children to do it...*sigh*

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Marty J wrote:

The same thing happened when our president (and 95 other people) died in a plane crash in 2010. Some people will use any opportunity for shameless self-promotion.

These were old, religious nutjobs (mostly). This is mainsteam music. Unless there was a 'the president is dead' song in the charts it's a whole different thing.

Last edited by Lamer (2013-02-06 23:27:11)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Lamer wrote:

These were old, religious nutjobs (mostly).

And mainstream politicians who decided to pander to that kind of crowd. Plus a few journalists and scientists craving fame.

Lamer wrote:

Unless there was a 'the president is dead' song in the charts it's a whole different thing.

There was a song, but it wasn't exactly chart material. But some satirical YouTube videos concerning the aforementioned nutjobs were pretty popular.

These people are now trying to make a movie out of their conspiracy theory.

A year ago an infant girl died in mysterious circumstances (her mother is now a suspect). Some people immediately used this tragedy to feel better about themselves. Last Christmas a Polish teenager committed suicide (allegedly under the influence of marijuana). It instantly became a point of heated debate among politicians (they even exploited the boy's mother). Unfortunately that's a universal phenomenon...

Last edited by MartyJ (2013-02-07 00:01:25)

So honor the valiant who die 'neath your sword
But pity the warrior who slays all his foes...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I guess both cases illustrate that there is an overabundance of dickheads in the world.

Also: wtf is a 'baby kaely'? I think I'm gonna start censoring my own internet if things keep going in this direction.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Relevant:

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

See, and here I thought we could all agree that it wasn't cool for famous musicians to use horrific tragedies to promote their latest up-and-coming child star. There goes all hope of that.

I think it's the fact that it's a kid singing it, a kid old enough to have been in one of those classrooms, that really pisses me off. If will.i.am himself wanted to sing a tribute song to the victims of Sandy Hook, that would be one thing. But this is just so shamelessly manipulative. And because it's from the perspective of a kid, it comes across as so flippant. Who's the target audience for this song? What were they thinking? I'm sick to my stomach that someone could be so crass.

I genuinely can't remember the last time that something offended me so much. Sandy Hook is less than an hour from my house, and my family knows families who attended school there, so stuff like this really gets my blood boiling. If one of my sisters had been killed in a school shooting, the last thing I'd want to hear is some kid rapper clumsily rhyme her name with a lyric about how sad this all makes her. I want to vomit.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Got through about the first minute. Had to turn it off out of embarrassment than anything else. Like Squiggy said, nothing is off limit, this really is just horrible horrible music, like why-the-hell-would-anyone-accept-a-million-dollars-to-be-forced-to-listen-to-it-let-alone-pay-to-hear-it-horrible.

Did I lose a hell of a lot of respect for Will.I.Am (From a pool that wasn't really all that big in the first place)? Hell yes. But am I going to get angry that we continue to live in a world where someone can make this song if they wanted to? Fuck you for even suggesting it.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Well said, Doc Sub. You get it.

And no one said anything was off limits; though I'll happily correct anyone who found the above video tasteful or appropriate. No. What I said was that will.i.am is a terrible scumbag.

Because good people don't use tragedy to grab at cash or self-promotion.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Of course the artist has the right to produce what he wants. I live in an area where people have unpopular opinions, but I will never stop them from assembling together. But, I will also protest against ideas I disagree with.

God loves you!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

So wait: if I just unleash my demons and do something horrible, celebrities will contemplate my actions and create art in response? And then anonymous e-people will alternately rage against and/or defend it? There can be no truer immortality!! [/unbalanced creep]

Stop feeding these trolls. [/why do I even have to say that]

-drew [won't watch the video, appreciates the warning]

Last edited by drewjmore (2013-02-07 14:51:43)

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down