Re: [ALBUM] Fighting in Plain Sight - Original Score

Here's what I came up with.

Owen, I really wish I had your voice. You give good rawk.

I stretched the audio files nearly to the breaking point on this, but I think that's just a bitrate thing from the source files. Anyway. Did a bit of tuning, brought in some fake harmonies, did what ya do. I kinda like it, myself. There's something very "80s movie montage" about this that I imagine Eddie will get a kick out of. tongue

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I went to see KMFDM last night, so this is relevant to my interests. Good job everyone.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Love the score man, great job.  Looking forward to a full-length feature score someday.

I was thinking '80's montage' when coming up with the lyrics, so I'm down with this.

Awesome job man, I really dig it. If you ever need any 'Angry Young Man' vocals, then let us know. I've not really done any singy type stuff in a very long time, so it is something I would like to get back in to.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, I happened to finally get a new microphone and portable recorder setup this week, and this thread inspired me to get off my ass and test the equipment out. I ended up recording a vocal track for "Shadows" just to learn how to do it (I've been trying out different mixing software). It's not as cool as Owen's (and way more mellow), but I figure I might as well post it: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22474792/shadowscover.mp3

Last edited by bullet3 (2013-03-13 05:06:10)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I approve of this trend.

Bullet, that's rad. You somehow made it MORE Nine Inch Nailsy, and I didn't think that was possible. And any move towards Nine Inch Nails is a move in the right direction.

If we can get other people to record vocals for other tracks, we'll have a whole separate EP on our hands.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That was awesome, really nice voice.

Get laying down some vocals guys! We can all become rock stars and conquer the world.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Nice work Teague, really cool stuff.

I've been messing around with trying to score recently and I'd love to hear more about how you went about it.  I'm really curious how you approached writing to specific cues and if you had to change the timing or patterns in order to make things work.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Have this playing from a CD in my car. I tell Meredyth it's Teague's music, she tells me that you're a superstar, and that she remebers dancing to your random pianoticklings like 2 years ago. The darndest things indeed.

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down