Topic: So Boston sucked today

You all know what happened. I just want to make sure that any other Boston-based DIF-ers (is that a thing?) are okay.

I never thought I'd say this, but procrastination possibly saved my life. My school is anywhere between 2 and 6 blocks from the blast site and after class today I thought, "I should totally go check out the finish line." Decided to change my mind at the last minute due to the fact that a certain delicious beer(s) hit me particularly hard last night and kept me from writing music for film I'm working on. I was less than a mile from the blast site when it happened.

Re: So Boston sucked today

Dude, glad you're ok.  I'm part of a running club here and a small group went up for the marathon.  The one lady I know that was running finished about 25 minutes before the blast.

This has hit me kind of hard, for two reasons.  I'm originally a Masshole, and while I never lived in Boston, I would visit occasionally, and always felt it was a city I could see myself living in.  Also since picking up running late last year, I've daydreamed about running that marathon*.  I feel like this amazing event that I have come to look at with awe has been desecrated by this violence. 

Bostonians are a stubborn lot, as are most of the runners I know, so ultimately I'm sure this will just bring us closer together.  I wouldn't be surprised if applications for next year's race actually go up.

Here's to the families of the victims; they have a long hard road ahead.
Heres' to the cowardly fuck who pushed the button; you'd better hope I'm not the one who finds you.

*For anyone who doesn't know (I'm assuming everyone), the Boston marathon is one of the oldest marathons in the world, and not just anyone can sign up.  Runners have to run a qualifying marathon, i.e., one vetted by the BAA, in under a particular time standard for your age and sex.  In my case, I would need to run a qualifying marathon in no more than 3 hours and 10 minutes.  No small feat.  Even if you never run Boston, running a qualifying time is kind of a big deal.

Used to live a couple blocks from there. And now, regrettably, I know what that street looks like covered in blood and limbs. Gory mess made on the same paving bricks I would walk over at night holding hands with someone I loved. Same bricks I would have to run down to return something to the library before it closed. Same benches across the street where I would look up at the Hancock and the Trinity and sit content and delighted to be in such an amazing city.

Fuck.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm glad your ok Alex. Really horrible scenes there yesterday  sad

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

paulou wrote:

Used to live a couple blocks from there. And now, regrettably, I know what that street looks like covered in blood and limbs. Gory mess made on the same paving bricks I would walk over at night holding hands with someone I loved. Same bricks I would have to run down to return something to the library before it closed. Same benches across the street where I would look up at the Hancock and the Trinity and sit content and delighted to be in such an amazing city.

Fuck.

Yup, same. I've been right there too many times to count.

Thanks guys, by the way.

Yeah, glad to hear you're are alright, man.
This is just amazingly bad sad

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down