Re: "Extended Edition" Community Podcast

Rob wrote:

As someone who's been a part of this sort of thing before,

... which begs the question... What podcasts have you been on?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

---------------------------------------------
I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation.

I was on the Fulltime Casual podcast for a while. Let's say it was a learning experience.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Tomahawk wrote:

I've got the next few hours clear. Also, a professional level mic meant for recording vocals. Not a condensator mic, a dynamic one, but it should do the trick just nicely. Also, sound is being processed by a Roland UA-55.

Show off...
*needs to buy new mic, especially if wants to become an internet sensation*

God loves you!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

If anybody has a Rock Band/Guitar Hero mic, I find them to be pretty good.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Good idea. I'll ask my friend to borrow one.
While scheduling is rough for me, but usually Wednesdays and Thursdays are best for me.
Edit:
Also, this:
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/056/e/f/rassilon_university_shirt_by_viperaviator-d3adswe.png

Last edited by fireproof78 (2013-04-07 04:19:09)

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

AshDigital wrote:
Rob wrote:

As someone who's been a part of this sort of thing before,

... which begs the question... What podcasts have you been on?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

It's frightfully uninteresting, I'm afraid. The company I worked for had an internal, Skype-powered show, on which nerds like me addressed common tech issues. That, and I'm just a big user of Skype and Google Hangout, enough to where I can definitely attest that group videoconferencing is not as much fun when the sound is less-than-ideal. The flip side is that it's way more fun when everyone's miked-up and broadcasting from a relatively quiet room. Even the most low-end mic goes a long way.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Owen Ward wrote:

If anybody has a Rock Band/Guitar Hero mic, I find them to be pretty good.

Yep, I was going to say: I've seen people use video game mics/headsets for these purposes, and it worked satisfactorily. If you have one of these, you might be good to go.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I was gonna suggest some sort of trial run at this tonight, but I've only just got back home and I'm rather tired.

Although, feel free to try something out amongst yourselves. It is a community thing after all!

Last edited by Owen_Ward (2013-04-07 21:03:50)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

how is everyone's availability? We're looking to record something next Wednesday (24th)

The plan is to start with half hour episodes and record two at a time so half an hour talking about Doctor Who for example then another half hour on the next topic.

Also feel free to post topics you'd like to talk about I'm currently thinking something like:

• Doctor Who

• Game of Thrones

• Summer Movies we're looking forward too

• Comics we're reading

What do you all think?

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Forgive me, but what's the format/method of communication, somebody mentioned Google Hangout? How does that work?

I don't like the sound of my voice so I probably won't engage that way (don't have a mic either), but listening in would be fun.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I've been pricing out mic set ups and should be able to get one by Wednesday and test it out. I'm usually available all day on Wednesday, except between 11-12.

As for Google Hangout, it works through Google+ and you can set up a video/audio chat for Google+ contacts. I think you can set it up then link to it and people can then sign in to it. Teague did that for his music discussion chat. So, I did google.com/hangout and you can start a hang out there. So, whoever hosts it can start it there, then post the link here in the thread, like this:
https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/abf8 … &hl=en

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I work weekdays until about nine, so I won't be able to participate Wednesday unless it happens properly late/early for the rest of the world.  tongue

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I don't really have a mic setup, but the one on my laptop is pretty solid, and I have a good internet connection, so that should help. I'm free Wednesday evening, east coast time.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I work weekdays until 4:30pm. That's GMT+1. And I'm not really ready until about 9pm.

But we really should do a test run first.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ok since later works for Tom and the east coasters how does 10pm work?

That's 5pm on the East coast and 11pm Tomahawk Time?

Yowza, that's late. But ok!

Remind me when the time comes. If it's DW, I don't need to do much prepping. I know most of it tongue

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yes, but is your information and banter entertaining to listen to? An hour of "let me tell you about how knowledgeable I am" isn't going to be of interest to anyone who wasn't on the panel at the time.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Entertaining? I for one plan to spend the entire time complaining about the Teselecta.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Oh darn, I have class at 5 tomorrow. Maybe next time!

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Maybe I can dial in and be the blathering idiot who knows nothing about Doctor Who.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Does everyone have audacity or alike and a pair of headphones ?

Faldor wrote:

Does everyone have audacity or alike and a pair of headphones ?

I can get Audacity (died with the last computer) and have head phones. Working on a mic set up but not as stressed about it.

So, 5 pm EST, which is 2 PST, do I have that right?

And what is the topic du Jour? Doctor Who? I'll pass for a semi informed fan, who is not has familiar with 11th doctor as 9th and 10th.

Do I qualify?  cool

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think we should do a bit of a test and talk about ourselves and how we got into DiF and what not before going on to Doctor Who or one of the other topics. so we can test the technical set up and format.

and yes that is 2pm PST.

So is that Owen, Fireproof, Dave and myself who can make the recording?

I'll post a Googlehangout link here closer to the time and anyone else who wants to can join can

Do I need anything else than my mic and Google Hangout?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just something to record your audio as we're gonna have everybody record their audio separately and then sync it all up for high quality goodness.

Thumbs up Thumbs down