Re: What's Going On: Changes to Come

The person whose suggestion got selected gets 40% of gross on top of his retainer, as well as 25% of net after-market, secondary market, foreign, video-game rights, and 20% of sell-on distribution rights in perpetuity. Right?

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yes.

/whew, was afraid you'd want a free t-shirt.

I just hope it's not "Up in Rear." hmm (Sorry Withkittens)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The suspense is killing me. O.o

The person whose suggestion got selected gets.....video-game rights....

So I assume this would be an RPG since most other games don't have multiple main characters playing at once. 

I envision the game like this:  in your stash of items you would have a movie, some mike's hard lemonade (and something stronger if its a really long movie), and a DVD player.  You would then have to correctly choose the intro that Teague actually uses and there would be a mini-game where you have to select right position for "press play press pause."  Extra HP is awarded if Dorkman gets really drunk, and extra "damage" is done to the movie if you correctly bash the movies that DIF really bashed. 

Oh, and if you upvote Surrogates you automatically die and your computer gets a fatal virus.

Bloggy:  Inf0verload

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

We've made a decision, so knock it off you guys, gawd. Also thanks for all the suggestions.  cool

We'll let ya know what they're gonna be as soon as we've accounted for all of the - heh - rights. Not making that mistake again. Stay tuned!

But...but...what will I do with my time now?
hmm

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Urg, I would've said "Talkies" but that's already taken by two other podcasts.

I know this is more of a movie forum, but video games are basically interactive movies. So why not check out my Let's Play channel?
http://www.youtube.com/user/Otakultimate

Thumbs up Thumbs down

TheMightyMaajika wrote:

Urg, I would've said "Talkies" but that's already taken by two other podcasts.

Do...uh...they... know about each other...

Dude, we could totally ruin 2 podcasts lives right now...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2g8l806kO1qbhaplo1_250.gif

Puuuure eeevviiiiil.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

BigDamnDictator strikes again!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So Teague, when can we expect another announcement?  Just a general guess will do.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Few days, probably.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

So Teague does this also mean you have to add a new intro to all previous episodes?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That's part of the deal, yes. But they don't have to be unique to each episode, just a note that the episode is actually one of the new show and not related to the trademark owners.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dorkman wrote:

just a note that the episode is actually one of the new show and not related to the trademark owners.

Huh? There a new episode out?

<Goes to check>

Dorkman, I no understand you.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

BigDamnArtist wrote:

Dorkman, I no understand you.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/27952204.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dorkman referrences an episode that is actually part of the new series... I don't see an episode.

I'm fucking confused.

Not really that much to misinterpret here man.

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2013-04-28 20:49:45)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

No, they're talking about a new intro for the old episodes.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dorkman wrote:

But they don't have to be unique to each episode, just a note that the episode is actually one of the new show and not related to the trademark owners.

He was talking about old episodes, not new ones, and that the new intros will have to identify the old episodes as part of the "new show," aka the new name that the show is taking on. He never mentions a new episode.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ah. Got it.

This is why I love text based communication.

I read "Just a note", as in, "just btw the episode is actually one of...." not...well..apparently as it was meant to be read.

Carry on folks.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Squiggly_P wrote:

Any DiF videogame would need to be a multiplayer deathmatch game. Magic Bean guns and Fridge Logic bombs.

Teague's special move is he reaches into a bag, pulls out Tesla the cat and throws it at you. The counter attack to this is to save the cat.

Brian's special move is he blinds you with science. The counter attack to this is Spider-Man 2, for he can never understand it and its acclaim.

Dorkman's special move is he strikes an inappropriate, sexy Black Widow pose, making you uncomfortable until you forfeit. The counter attack to this is to charge at him with a giant hypodermic needle.

Trey's special move is to be muscular, aggressive and busy at you. The counter attack to this is THIIIIGHS! (a James Cameron mask is also acceptable).

Thumbs up +7 Thumbs down

johnpavlich wrote:

Dorkman's special move is he strikes an inappropriate, sexy Black Widow pose, making you uncomfortable until you forfeit. The counter attack to this is to charge at him with a giant hypodermic needle.

Did laugh.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

What confuses me is, this alleged thingamagic that is "using" the phrase "down in front" in connection to movie commentaries? I mean, you are sure this is not you from the future or someting, coz, Google surely finds no other "Down In Fronts" than thyselves?

/Z

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I found a thing on Youtube, some video talking about movies, dating back to 2007. Maybe that was it?

I still don't buy that someone has even actually trademarked it (as opposed to thinking they have ownership over the name because they did a thing with that name years ago), let alone thinks they have a case against you, because 1) they've not defended their trademark for at least 3 years, 2) they don't appear to be using their trademark, and 3) they shouldn't have been granted the trademark in the first place.

EDIT - I would suppose that it's this show - Down in Front with Dana Carvey, available on Netflix.
http://www.vanmetreproductions.com/inde … 0&at=0

It doesn't look like it's an ongoing show, or something that has had anything new in the last 5 years, so... yeah...

Last edited by redxavier (2013-04-29 11:47:23)

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sounds like trolling to me.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

MasterZap wrote:

Google surely finds no other "Down In Fronts" than thyselves?

Exactly. Just rename it Famous Original Teague's Down in Front, and it's all good.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries