Re: "Extended Edition" Community Podcast

Edit: Never mind.
Google Hangout has a text chat too in case people don't have mic or video set up

Last edited by fireproof78 (2013-04-24 17:35:25)

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, that's gonna be odd. Some 5-ish people chatting on mic, and having to read out loud what someone said in a chat. That'll be just as bad as that show that existed for a while before getting sacked. Down in Front, I think it was called.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey, at least we'll have our own peanut gallery. How many shows can say that?

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

We are in the hangout now click this and it should let you in: Here

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

I can't install Hangouts on this computer, I'm at work - there's not a public link, is there, that doesn't require an extension?

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Good fun hanging out, gang. Sorry I wasn't prepared to record.

I didn't like the idea of Google HangOut at first, but actually it's pretty cool. It's too bad that the iPad client doesn't support chat, but that's my fault for not bringing my Edirol recorder and also for being at work where I couldn't really participate anyway. I should have given everyone a tour of my office. It's exactly like on Mad Men.

Minus the babes.

Last edited by Zarban (2013-04-24 23:29:46)

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Well, that was fun.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Damn, I suck at podcasting. The aftershow was fun though.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Zarban wrote:

Good fun hanging out, gang. Sorry I wasn't prepared to record.

I didn't like the idea of Google HangOut at first, but actually it's pretty cool. It's too bad that the iPad client doesn't support chat, but that's my fault for not bringing my Edirol recorder and also for being at work where I couldn't really participate anyway. I should have given everyone a tour of my office. It's exactly like on Mad Men.

Minus the babes.

I liked the brief tour we had Zarban. My whole opinion of you completely changed smile

Also, I had a blast. Sorry I had my daughters coming in an out and I hope it didn't ruin the audio too badly sad

My wife wants to start some vocal recording as well, so pay day means mic day big_smile

I had a blast, everyone was super cool and fun to chat with. Just had an absolutely amazing time and hope we can iron out all the bugs with Hangout and getting more people involved. Dave, sorry the chat was super laggy, man.

Teague, I wasn't aware Hangout needed extensions, at least I don't think I use any in Firefox. Don't know if another browser might help you.

Owen, you did great. Don't doubt yourself, man smile

Thanks to Faldor for archiving and editing all our audio, and really spearheading the discussion.

Until next time big_smile

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yup, that was a fun 3.5 hours.
In the future, though, we should at least TRY and come prepared to the proverbial table.

And get a name.

And maybe even a website.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

How is Wednesday for everyone?

and what do we want to talk about? Summer movies?

Sounds like a good topic to me, especially 2 days before America gets Iron Man 3.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

what time Wednesday in DIF-LA time?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

9pm BST which is 1pm in California

I'm off that day too and will make sure to have mic, headphones and time away from kids...
Summer movies? Does that include Star Trek Into Darkness because if not, I might need to watch some trailers to refresh the brain wink

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Somehow I managed to miss this whole thread.
I'm curious to hear how the results of last week turned out (if there's any results to hear, the posts were unclear on this matter).

"To Spork you listen."  - Trey Stokes

Thumbs up Thumbs down

There are, but they might not be worth listening to after all. Somethings off, id I heard right. Faldor's working on that bit.

Also, it was more of a "get to know each other" session than it was anything else.

And Wednesday works for me.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I wish you guys didn't do these during the middle of the work week, middle of the work day US time. You'd probably get more US participation is you did them on one of the weekends. That being said, I'll see if I can get this setup on my work machine and join in.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I do shift work so we wont be doing these at the same time every week  smile

Got it, different time each week, who-ever can come, comes. I actually like the idea of that kind of drop-in/drop-out model, it will help mix things up each week, and we don't have to worry about people committing to weekly recordings.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I probably can commit anyway. It's actually the time that suits me best, believe it or not.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Tomahawk wrote:

I probably can commit anyway. It's actually the time that suits me best, believe it or not.

Me too, actually, as Wednesday begins my  "weekend" from my usual work week. So, generally speaking, I am usually available Wednesday smile

I have no doubt that my audio contributed to Faldor's headache. So sorry, mate sad

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

We'll be recording live in just over an hour  smile

Friends of friends in your head?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

As it happens, I'm sick and home from work, so I can join in.
Are we doing google hangout? Is each person still recording their own stream, and what do we need for that?

Thumbs up Thumbs down