Re: What's Going On: Changes to Come

I wonder if they could just call it Digital Lama Radio.  Of course, they'd have to get permission from Chris.  That name is pretty catchy though.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

redxavier wrote:

I still don't buy that someone has even actually trademarked it

If you do a search on the US Trademark site http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=s … :jtl32.1.1 of Down in Front, you do indeed find a live patent.

Also, curiosity got the better of me and I reverse-whois-domain-looked up ya'll and saw the new name and I would like to be the first to say that I approve.  tongue  Good solid choice.

So, any idea when we can expect an official announcement?

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

johnpavlich wrote:
Squiggly_P wrote:

Any DiF videogame would need to be a multiplayer deathmatch game. Magic Bean guns and Fridge Logic bombs.

Teague's special move is he reaches into a bag, pulls out Tesla the cat and throws it at you. The counter attack to this is to save the cat.

Brian's special move is he blinds you with science. The counter attack to this is Spider-Man 2, for he can never understand it and its acclaim.

Dorkman's special move is he strikes an inappropriate, sexy Black Widow pose, making you uncomfortable until you forfeit. The counter attack to this is to charge at him with a giant hypodermic needle.

Trey's special move is to be muscular, aggressive and busy at you. The counter attack to this is THIIIIGHS! (a James Cameron mask is also acceptable).

What about the special guests?

I know this is more of a movie forum, but video games are basically interactive movies. So why not check out my Let's Play channel?
http://www.youtube.com/user/Otakultimate

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Bathilda wrote:
redxavier wrote:

I still don't buy that someone has even actually trademarked it

If you do a search on the US Trademark site http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=s … :jtl32.1.1 of Down in Front, you do indeed find a live patent.

Also, curiosity got the better of me and I reverse-whois-domain-looked up ya'll and saw the new name and I would like to be the first to say that I approve.  tongue  Good solid choice.

Bathilda knows how the game is played.

Great job, Bathilda!

We must kill Bathilda.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

I'm not going to resort to internet tricks to find out the new name.  When will we have an official New Name Announcement?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Within 24 hours.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The countdown begins...

I too refuse to resort to sneaky underhanded tricks to figure out the new name ahead of time.

Mostly because I have no idea how.

Last edited by Doctor Submarine (2013-04-30 02:38:48)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

We must kill Bathilda.

Done.

*looks around*

Oh.  So you were just...

hahaha

I knew that.

*runs away*

"Due to an unfortunate misunderstanding, Trey is skyping in from Mexico. Ola, Trey la increíble Stokes!"

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Withkittens wrote:

"Due to an unfortunate misunderstanding, Trey is skyping in from Mexico. Ola, Trey la increíble Stokes!"

Now I'm picturing the weirdest episode of Law and Order of all time.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Tokes 'n Stokes, mannnnnnn

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

Within 24 hours.

./awaits with bated breath.

I've been checking this thread constantly and now the wait is almost over! Still holding on to that tiny sliver of hope that it's Fuck Houston even if Trey's trip will suffer.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Now that the decision is made, I say we start a pool.

I bet $100 American on "Texaco Star Theater".

http://memeboss.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing.jpg

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Bathilda wrote:

Thanks and good find Bathilda. That amazes me, someone actually gave it to them... Still, their case wouldn't hold up in court. Quite aside from the fact that they've not defended their trademark, they've not maintained their right either - their "Down In Front Radio Network" is for all intents and purposes dead, with no shows since late 2008 and no current availability or activity. It's effectively abandoned. Further, it looks like it's a free show so it's not like they can claim damages. And without damages, no court or legal people are going to be interested.

Welcome to Bizarro world!
http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/106/c77405db6b8ed12b9fb976b2bca54c76/l.jpg

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

Note: Please don't go into legal precedent or talk about trademark law in this thread. Just, please don't.  smile

Teague wrote:

Tokes 'n Stokes, mannnnnnn

Be thou f'reals or be thou trolling?

I know this is more of a movie forum, but video games are basically interactive movies. So why not check out my Let's Play channel?
http://www.youtube.com/user/Otakultimate

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Down in Flames?  cool

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Stroke the Stokes

Thumbs up Thumbs down

-guest- wrote:

Down in Flames?  cool

Holy shit, it had better be this.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Unfortunately, I think one of the rules was that it couldn't be a derivation of the old name. But that is a fun one.

*psst* Is it just me or are the twitter and gmail accounts not registered yet?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I hope there's a new ceremonial rug reveal. roll

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Phi is good, Phi is wise.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down