Topic: The Friends in Your Head Present: What Are You Doing, Movie?

Oh, hey.

Welcome to the new home of the podcast formerly known as [redacted], and forevermore known as What Are You Doing, Movie?.

It’s also the home of a podcast you might have heard of called The Intermission, and may well be the home of more similarly-minded shows in the future. (We have some ideas.)

And since we’re collecting podcasts like we used to collect Pogs, we figured having a banner for everything would be appropriate. Henceforth, you can get all the same great (hahahahano) content you’ve come to love and expect from the friends in your head at ...well, friendsinyourhead.com.

The Friends in Your Head Podcast Network! Or something. I kinda like just “Friends in Your Head Podcasts.”

There’s still a tremendous amount of work to be done to get the archive content ready for the new digs, and in the interim period most of it will go offline... only to be brought back online as individual episodes put on their new clothes. This requires editing a lot of audio files, and creating new artwork for all of the episodes.

Anyone wanna help with that? I’d love some help with that part. The Photoshop template for the new release banners is good to go, now we just need to... you know, make a bunch of ‘em and throw them online. (Same with iTunes artwork.) As of Thursday in the United States, the only episodes available on friendsinyourhead.com will be Intermission episodes and WAYDM-ified [redacted] episodes. We’ll bring episodes back online as we’ve processed them. (Which, could also use some help with, if anyone is feeling generous.)

And there’s more! This was kind of expensive! So we’re gonna do a fundraiser thing and build an army, and while we’re at it see if we can’t get like ten thousand more people onboard. (Right? Right!) We have some ideas for what would be fun to do for that kind of thing, but we wanna hear yours, too. Remember the LOTR episodes? Maybe something along those lines. What do you think?

“What Are You Doing, Movie?” was one of Kyle Mattingly’s 9,000 suggestions, and he duly gets the honor of... well, naming a podcast that becomes an acronym pronounced “Way Dumb.” (And just to be clear: you can type whatareyoudoingmovie.com, WAYDM.com, or, indeed, waydumb.com into your browser. All of them lead back to friendsinyourhead.com.)

So! Party time, folks! Let’s wreck our brand new carpet!

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +5 Thumbs down

Re: The Friends in Your Head Present: What Are You Doing, Movie?

I'll help out in any way I can, just let us know what I gotta do.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I can get down with this. [REDACTED] will always hold a special place in all of our hearts, but honestly I'll be happy to hear you guys regardless of the name. smile

So, you guys want to do sort of a PBS pledge drive, huh? Well, Slashfilm's podcast recently did a 12-hour podcast for charity, but they had a bunch of special guests to interview. Maybe Rian Johnson wants to come on and clear the air? wink

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, sign up sheets for jobs wouldn't go amiss, I guess.

Who's down for Photoshopping some Release Banners?

Who's down for Photoshopping some iTunes artwork?

Who's down for some light audio editing?

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Your avatar still says Down In Front.

I'M ON TO YOU.

"Most people don't even know what sysadmins do, but trust me, if they all took a lunch break at the same time they wouldn't make it to the deli before you ran out of bullets protecting your canned goods from roving bands of mutants."

-- http://stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks

I'll get to it in a while. For now I commute home.

I want this thread to be a goddamned wreck when I get home. Streamers and spilt beer, y'all.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm down for all three, depending how light the audio editing is. It's not something I've had much experience with, but I can give it a shot.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have no Photoshop and nothing to edit audio with, but if there's anything else you need doing I'm there.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You tell me. We are trying to take over the world, you determine your own level of involvement.  tongue

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You could get a Photoshop free trial or maybe try out GIMP, an open-source alternative.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I can try Photoshopping some stuff, but the phrase "professional, but not at this" would apply.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

@friendsinyourhead is an available twitter name. I'd jump on that.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm busy tonight, but might be able to grind stuff out tomorrow. Let me know if you need a hand with anything?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I really like the new name, reminds me of something like the How Did This Get Made show. Also, the Friends in your Head as an over-arching podcast-net thing is a really good idea.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague is now Leo Laport.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I can photoshop the iTunes artwork if you send me the template. I have CS6 and some level of non-pro experience.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

So in terms of the fundraising, are you thinking something like a Kickstarter? Or more the pledge drive route? Or even both? Spread it around to the movie blogs that this crazy podcast is going to watch all the Star Trek movies in a row live on the internet to support their relaunch, or something equally unique.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Doctor Submarine wrote:

@friendsinyourhead is an available twitter name. I'd jump on that.

Too long by two characters. We could do @friendsinurhead but I think we'd all hate that. Perhaps @FIYHpodcasts?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I like the new name.  That is all.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm always up to help out, but my time is kind of spoken for for the immediate future.

Let me know though.

See what I've worked on recently here:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2869151/
And ways to get in touch with me at:
http://www.google.com/profiles/SethBrower

I like that there is the potential to say WAYDMinute. And high five to Kyle for coming up with the name!

(I regret to say I have no technical skills to offer at present, but maybe I can help with the fundraising bit?)

Either @FIYHpodcasts or @FIYHguys would be good twitter names I think.

@friendsinhead?

"Most people don't even know what sysadmins do, but trust me, if they all took a lunch break at the same time they wouldn't make it to the deli before you ran out of bullets protecting your canned goods from roving bands of mutants."

-- http://stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks

(Francis Underwood voice here)
"The nature of great podcasts, Teague, is that they remain immune to changing circumstances."

Put me on the list of Photoshop non-professionals unafraid of a learning curve and eager to help!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Curiouser and curiouser! But I trust that the only [redacted]ference will be in the name. tongue

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

We're also adding an adorable youngster to the cast: our cousin Oliver. 

You're going to love the crazy hijinks that little rascal gets up to!