Re: An Album Called Leroy: Adventures in Faking This [RELEASED]

Dunno if I'm going to be posting more of these as the project goes on, or if I'll wait until it's over and just release it as one big thing. In any case, here's this.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

This is really gross, so if you're squeamish, look away.

http://media.tumblr.com/aaa04b60dec5d8819f6b25c738850245/tumblr_inline_ml30emN9YO1qz4rgp.gif

Last edited by Doctor Submarine (2013-07-05 21:18:33)

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

Dunno if I'm going to be posting more of these as the project goes on, or if I'll wait until it's over and just release it as one big thing. In any case, here's this.

Can I vote for there being more of this sooner rather than later? Because I really enjoyed that.

You got me rooting for you, man.

(Also, watching other people be creative really helps get my own creative juices going, so thanks for that too.)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This is GREAT! Teague, you could totally make a full-length doc about this entire process. Not to try to overly-narrativize what has been a genuinely traumatic year for you, but this is a really compelling narrative arc, and you come across really personable in that vid. I could totally see a near-feature-length doc about this whole experience, with more material up-front setting up what's happened this year so far, and then following through from this vid up through the creation and release of the album.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I don't know if it's a good or bad thing that you condescend your own abilities all the time. You're really great at what you do, and I for one think you're gonna walk out of that studio tall. As in all forms of productions, there'll be hiccups and mishaps, but I know you're gonna deliver way better than you think. As in most your projects, really. You claim to kinda play the piano and sing, but you're a helluva lot better than most people I've seen on youtube at both. Sure, you might not pick the most popular pop songs out there and do contemporary pieces, but you seem to always pick quality over quantity, and more or less always pick tunes that are YOU.

Godspeed man. Your hands will perform just fine smile

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

You'll be fine...

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

Thanks a bunch, guys.   big_smile

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I, for one, would like to inaugurate a weeklong celebration of your ass in those jeans. I maded you a meme for that, but it's better without a visual cue. 90% of success is showing up, so make sure Teague shows up.

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

First of all, you do a great job, Teague! I agree with Tom that you downplay your own talents when you really are very talented. I'm glad you got this opportunity and thank you for sharing with us.

Secondly, ow...I mean, really, ow.

Finally, you'll be great, Teague!

God loves you!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Teague is pretty inspirational. I can't think of a better example of someone who can pick themselves up, and just move on with life.

It doesn't hurt that he's good with the songs, either.

Last edited by Dave (2013-07-06 11:43:26)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I really hope this documentary continues. You'll do great, man; you're an amazing piano player, and I hadn't realized it until it suddenly hit me listening to the Sad Max soundtrack again a couple of weeks ago, but you're also a really talented lyricist. Hope those hands heal soon; that looks like it stings something fierce. yikes

Last edited by Abbie (2013-07-06 15:38:26)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

About to hop on a plane.

Here we go.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +7 Thumbs down

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +4 Thumbs down

As someone who has no clue how people make albums, this was really interesting.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

I think it's safe to say I'm looking forward to "Insidious Communist Propaganda of Steve" more than any other song on the album. Heck, more than any other song this year.

Last edited by Abbie (2013-07-11 03:19:16)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

My only complaint about that episode is that there weren't nearly enough ridiculous Alex-isms.

"Most people don't even know what sysadmins do, but trust me, if they all took a lunch break at the same time they wouldn't make it to the deli before you ran out of bullets protecting your canned goods from roving bands of mutants."

-- http://stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks

Wanted to show Dave and BDA in the chat this morning, and why not just post it here. Call it a forum-only preview. Heh.

Again, inspired by Mike, when he called The Nightmare Before Christmas "insidious communist propaganda."

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +5 Thumbs down

applause - while grinning madly

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

biggest grin ever

so excite

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh my god. Now I can't wait for this to, as the kids say, "drop".

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

(Zarban is hip to the lingo)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This is freaking awesome.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Okay I've listened to this again. A couple of things occur to me.

1) This track is very Tom Lehrer-esque. I've said this before about some of the stuff in Sad Max. But this is approaching if not SURPASSING "Lobachevsky". Some of your stuff is Jonathan Coulton-esque. THESE THINGS ARE GIGANTIC COMPLIMENTS. I DO NOT SAY THEM LIGHTLY. I AM OFTEN KIND OF MEAN.

2) Pursuant to point 1, I'm not sure you realize it, but you are recording a comedy album. This may require tweaking the songs slightly to end verses with punchlines.

3) Pursuant to point 2, comedy albums must also be performed live. THIS CAN BE DAUNTING BUT ALSO VERY LUCRATIVE.

4) Pursuant to point 3, you will need patter to introduce each song in a live performance. This must also be funny. Don't underestimate the importance or difficulty of this. EVEN ELVIS WAS NOT VERY GOOD AT PATTER.

FOUR things. Four things occur to me.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Zarban wrote:

FOUR things. Four things occur to me.

But only one them is TRUUUE!!!!

Do you think you know it? Tune in next week to find out if you're right!!

ZangrethorDigital.ca

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzijstWKqCSKYSj-hdlqeRusyOBjT38OqDJQnUMg3ntZAlfqt7

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool