Topic: Clash of the Titans

Alright so April 2nd is the day when clash of the titans comes out who is gonna set aside some time to go see it?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Clash of the Titans

A lot of my buddies worked on this one - I still haven't seen a trailer.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I love the original, fond memories of watching this on the sci-fi channel Saturday afternoons. I wish the new one was going to be something worth loving.

But I know it won't be.

I didn't see the original until my early 20s, and while I have retro-nerd affection for all the Harryhausen it got on my face, it's kind of a baffling movie and I had trouble getting past the flagrant mythological inaccuracies. Still, it has a charm and a humor and a cleverness that makes it a must-see classic for the geek cred.

The new movie I'm sure will have none of these things. I'm guessing it will be technically flawless without any personality, take itself way too seriously, and have a lot of sweeping camera moves around CG vistas, characters, and creatures in a desperate attempt to convince us we care.

I'll see it, but not on April 2, and not in 3D. Maybe I'll do a matinee $6 screening at AMC.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

DorkmanScott wrote:

I'll see it, but not on April 2, and not in 3D. Maybe I'll do a matinee $6 screening at AMC.

I've got vague memories of the original, and I hate the fact that Hollywood is in this trend of remaking movies of the past, but for $6 I'd go to a matinee, but I'd consult Rottentomatoes first.

You want to know just how far that trend has come?  Check this out.

That's right - a remake of a movie that came out three years ago.   Jeebus.

Trey wrote:

That's right - a remake of a movie that came out three years ago.   Jeebus.

And to think, I was worried about the Spider-man re-boot...

Oh god. I had a lovely rant a while back about Death at a Funeral, I have no clue what happened to it, but it was a thing of beauty.

I still just can't believe it, it just seems to be at such a level of ridiculousness that it can't be possible, but then well there it is.

It's not even so much the fact they are simply remaking (Although that still pisses me off) it's that they are turning it into this horrid "Lets use every single black stereotype possible to make it funny for an American audience" thing. Ugh.

I'm not sure I'll ever forgive Zoe Saldana.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I still just can't believe it, it just seems to be at such a level of ridiculousness that it can't be possible, but then well there it is.

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1545/ianmalcolm.jpg

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

That is all.  big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Pookersthedruid wrote:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

That is all.  big_smile

That is probably the new most confusing thing I have ever read. Right above Teagues implication that Goldblum caused the remake of Death At a Funeral.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

im glad you all enjoy it. word of advice don't try to wrap your head around it....it hurts

Thumbs up Thumbs down