Re: Cool Trailers

I can't believe how excited I am for this movie.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Lego movie?

I'm in.

(yay)

Protection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love. -Uncle Iroh

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Lego movie all the way.
Lego does some amazing things when branching out of their usual domain of toys and knows how to have fun with its own limitations.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, that's a trailer. I'm not worried about the actual soundtrack at the moment.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You guys might like this. It's coming to LA at the end of June/early July.

Persistence of Vision: "the greatest animated film never made"

This is certainly more just 'trailer' than 'cool trailer' but I only just found out that this is a fucking thing-

I'm a fan of the series (except that Seed of Chucky abomination) and while this doesn't look all that great, I'm glad they've rebooted the series. Plus, they still got Brad Dourif to voice the little creepy ginger fucker which is a good thing.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

MIGHT be good.

Besides, it's Tom Hanks AND Bradley Whitford.

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

Tom Hanks as Walt Disney??

That's all I need. Literally. I'm on board. I haven't even watched the trailer, but I'm totally on board.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

---------------------------------------------
I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation.

Squiggly_P wrote:

So the new Riddick movie looks fucking awful. This is some kind of year we've been having, eh?

Speak for your self, Riddick looks fucking awesome.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

BigDamnArtist wrote:
Squiggly_P wrote:

So the new Riddick movie looks fucking awful. This is some kind of year we've been having, eh?

Speak for your self, Riddick looks fucking awesome.

I was going to say, other than the whole slo-mo bits (wondering if just trailer fodder) and the machete kill, I'm looking forward to it.

I mean, haven't we all agreed that trailers are kind of the worse way to judge a film?

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think it looks kickass, can't wait for it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey Holden, I think it's time we get a "dislike" button in here tongue

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Squiggly_P wrote:

If we did that, I'd end up with negative karma tongue

Seriously, tho, The machete kill is one of the few things that I actually liked in that trailer. It's corny, but it's the fun sort of corny. The rest of it gives me bad vibes. Two guys get killed by aliens and one gets a machete through his face, and the rest of them just kinda stand there and talk their lines. Vin Diesel getting lots of 'bad-ass' poses and doing that thing where you tilt your head down and look forward so you look super pissed off. I used to do that in my bathroom mirror when I was 15.

It's too 'directed' and fake feeling. Doesn't help that half of the movie is CG. It feels like every moment is scripted and acted. It's a problem I have with a lot of CGI heavy films. That and the amazing luck the protagonists have, where something will explode and you'll get a slow-motion CGI shot of 5000 razor-sharp shards of shrapnel JUST BARELY missing them. Or you get the scenes where they have the actor do STUFF and they animate the CGI monsters afterward to make sure the hero looks like a bad-ass that hits every swing and dodges every attack. I hate that sort of stuff. I wish the monsters would just back up a step or two so that the actor was just flailing around at nothing.

Having recently rewatched the "Pitch Black" trailer as well as bits of the "Chronicles" trailer, I think that the proof will be in the film itself, not in whatever trailer they throw out there.
I get that people are tired of CG, but I have a feeling, a gut instinct if you will, that they are holding back, giving Vin Disel the generic poses, so as not to spoil the movie. Call me an optimist wink

Also, as I learned from these and other boards, movies are what you make of them.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Here's the newest trailer for "Gravity" -- which I'm actually sort of torn about whether I'm glad I watched it or not. It's god-damned amazing, but it also makes me want to learn nothing more about the movie before it comes out because seeing something like that for the first time on IMAX 3D is an experience I don't want to miss.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

That's probably the most horrifying thing I've ever seen.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this clip is the last thing I watch regarding Gravity until I see it in the theater.

This clip/teaser/trailer is so much better that the first one, though. Not only does it show you less of the movie (it really is just 2 min of the film, as opposed to a bunch of clips from different points), but unlike the first trailer there is no sound other than the music and the coms. Cuarón has stated that the movie won't have sound in space, which is great, and this trailer reflects that, while the first trailer didn't.

Either way, can't wait to see this in IMAX 3D.

Last edited by BBQ (2013-07-24 21:47:06)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

---------------------------------------------
I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation.

Wes Anderson is perfect and I love him.

If for no other reason, this film is notable for being shot in THREE different aspect ratios. 1.33, 1.85, and 2.35, to distinguish between the film's 3 different time periods.

Last edited by Doctor Submarine (2013-10-17 15:08:55)

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

omg where has this thread been all my life

I'll post something when I'm not having to leave for work!

"Defending bad movies is VaporTrail's religion."
-DorkmanScott

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I like it.

Now, will November 23 come soon so that all the Who's down in Whoville will stop taking my family hostage? wink

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I really dig that one.  Winter Soldier looks great and it's not an obvious reveal if you don't know the story.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Eddie wrote:

I really dig that one.  Winter Soldier looks great and it's not an obvious reveal if you don't know the story.

I agree, coming from someone who has very little knowledge of the Marvel Universe. It's refreshing to see a trailer that doesn't reveal the whole movie.

Thumbs up Thumbs down