Topic: One More Round

Hey everyone.  So my friend and training partner Erwann Marshall is a filmmaker as well, and his last short was an MMA themed film that won a few festivals.  He and I have wanted to collaborate for a while, and we found the perfect project to do so.

One More Round is a short that takes place in real time in the final round of a fight that is pivotal to the lead character.  Erwann wrote and will be directing, I will be Producing, editing, and choreographing the fight.  MMA is certainly hot right now, and with movies like Warrior comin out, there's going to be plenty of people staking their claim.  What sets our flick apart is that the folks behind the camera have plenty of time on the mat.  Erwann teaches Jiu Jitsu, I have fought professionally, and our lead actor is himself a pro MMA fighter.  Anyway, here's our kickstarter.  Not asking, just sayin'.

http://t.co/4TSILFcV

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: One More Round

cheers for the link mate, combining 2 of my favorite things and made by a fighter...  If it comes close to capturing the sensations of being in the ring after a few rounds it'll be a rare project indeed  smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sounds intriguing, I like the idea and concept, and the kickstarter vid shows that you're serious about making a quality short, so consider me a backer.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks everyone. We're off to a great start.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

redxavier wrote:

Sounds intriguing, I like the idea and concept, and the kickstarter vid shows that you're serious about making a quality short, so consider me a backer.

ditto

Thumbs up Thumbs down

MMA is certainly hot right now. This sounds like a fun project.

While I wish you well, hopefully  finances will allow for some support to you guys.

By the way, love the belt ranking as a way of showing supporters your gratitude. Good idea.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Over halfway there, we are in our final push.  HALP.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well we fucking did it.

Thanks to a last minute push, we exceeded our 10000 goal and will head into per production soon.   A surprising number of forum members donated and I can't thank you enough.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Very happy for you, my friend. Make a good thing.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Heh, don't just wish me luck.  YOU'RE doing the score.

doty

Last edited by Eddie (2011-11-20 03:59:47)

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Congrats, Eddie.

It sounds like things are going well big_smile

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

stoked mate, looking forward to seeing how it turns out big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

As an update, there's a behind the scenes photo gallery over on facebook you can check out.

[ edit ] Oh, I get an invitation to the premiere screening in LA which I can't use. Eddie, I assume you're going already? [ / edit ]

Last edited by Dave (2012-07-07 05:25:31)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Might have to head over for the premier thingy once we get the dates etc. should be a good excuse to make an arse of myself in yet another country big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So....who wants to do some VFX for One More Round?

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Eddie wrote:

So....who wants to do some VFX for One More Round?

Would if I even remotely had time these days dude smile

ZangrethorDigital.ca

What sort of VFX?

I can mash together some clip-art if that helps?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sure. Reel in my sig.  smile

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Trey wrote:

What sort of VFX?

A bit of blood roto, background darkening, light effects, a design to add the POV of a character who got knocked silly that isn't cliche'd.

Ideally, I'd like a VFX lead who can farm out some simple shots to a bunch of people but keep the design uniform. It's a short film, only 8-10 minutes total I think.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Also, good to see some more movement on this.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dave wrote:

Also, good to see some more movement on this.

Yeah, I'm not sure of what Erwann has or hasn't said, but the DP had quite a bit of a different vision than Erwann had hoped for.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

He hadn't said *that*. Wouldn't that conflict have been resolved when looking at the dailies?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dave wrote:

He hadn't said *that*. Wouldn't that conflict have been resolved when looking at the dailies?

Long ass story.  He's happy with what he got, but some choices boxed him in.  Thus, the longer time in the edit to address them.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down