Re: The 200th Episode 24-Hour Harry Potter Commentary Marathon

There should be forum flair for everyone who donated

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Maybe a special marquee effect if you donated to both the podcast, and for nets.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Super shout-out to Eddie, too, who cooked amazing meals on the fly. His pork tenderloin is to die for!

Awesome to meet him and Brian, Kyle, Spork, Paul, Seth, and others. It was an amazing crew! And double thanks to Cloe who had her new apartment invaded by strangers (and strangests) at the last minute when the AT&T Internet let us down.

EDIT: let the record show that I left them unconscious but alive.

/hopping the red-eye to the east coast

Last edited by Zarban (2013-12-09 05:28:47)

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

So glad (and surprised) I was able to stay awake for this whole thing. The fact that you guys were still lively and intelligently discussing what was on screen by hour 24 is unbelievable, but at the same time I expected no less. "Mischief motherfucking managed" indeed, good sirs.

EDIT: Goes without saying, but this whole festival of insanity is now on the Crowning Moment of Awesome page.

Last edited by Abbie (2013-12-09 15:35:35)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

After the show I went a little bit insane from lack of sleep. So I hope the people who were actually on the show are doing alright. This would be a great accomplishment if it weren't a telethon, but the fact that you did it for charity makes it something truly special. I can't wait for the episodes to come out.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Confession time: I've only seen the first film all the way through. I tried watching the second one but as soon as Harry Potter's version of Jar-Jar showed up, I shut it off. I've seen only bits and pieces of the other films. Despite all of that, the live stream event was AMAZING and SO MUCH DAMN FUN! I'm proud of all of you! smile

So, I missed the beginning of the event and therefore, missed the video that everyone was putting together of various clips from various episodes of WAYDM. Is there a way for me to see that, if not now, soon? YouTube, perhaps?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I looked around after 24 hours on mic at my friends, old and brand new, that I'd just done this insane thing with.  I'd been awake for 55 hours, and in that time I'd worked a full day at a factory, explored the secret conspiracy of Denver International Airport for 9 hours, and helped save the lives of hundreds of people by talking about Harry Potter for 24 hours.

So I said it-  "Seriously guys, this is the best thing I've ever done.  This was the best spent day of my life."

Thanks for not booing me off the mic, guys.  Thanks for everything.

When.

Thumbs up +9 Thumbs down

Kyle wrote:

I looked around after 24 hours on mic at my friends, old and brand new, that I'd just done this insane thing with.  I'd been awake for 55 hours, and in that time I'd worked a full day at a factory, explored the secret conspiracy of Denver International Airport for 9 hours, and helped save the lives of hundreds of people by talking about Harry Potter for 24 hours.

So I said it-  "Seriously guys, this is the best thing I've ever done.  This was the best spent day of my life."

Thanks for not booing me off the mic, guys.  Thanks fpr everything.

You were a fantastic panelist, Kyle. I wish you could be on more episodes.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

^ and he's not just saying that because you could beat him up!

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Thank you, that's very kind.  I would love to do as many of these that they'd like me back for, if any.  Getting out to L.A. is a bit of a pain but I would come back for something like this in a heartbeat.

When.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Much applause to the massive display of FIYH wizardry this weekend with major kudos to the always enthralling cast of awesomeness and special regards to the contributions from the enchanting Spork, the verbose Kyle and, of course, the great Zarban. Fantastic and significant effort, everyone, it was a pleasure to spend the day with you. smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Kyle wrote:

Thank you, that's very kind.  I would love to do as many of these that they'd like me back for, if any.  Getting out to L.A. is a bit of a pain but I would come back for something like this in a heartbeat.

We had fun having you man.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks to everyone who came out for this. It was particularly great to be on mic with (and meet) Kyle and Zarban, both of whom had great stuff to say, and thanks to Eddie for the great food, Holden for holding the whole thing Atlas-like on his shoulders, Spork for the moral support and Cloe for permitting the invasion and occupation. I hope I acquitted myself well and honored the event and a franchise close to my heart. I felt like I did but it's all a blur. PHOENIX may very well be a collection of barks and whistles.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Doctor Submarine wrote:
Kyle wrote:

Thanks for not booing me off the mic, guys.  Thanks fpr everything.

You were a fantastic panelist, Kyle. I wish you could be on more episodes.

Seconded. Honestly, all of the panelists were great. The fact you guys were still producing top-notch commentary towards the end is testament to all of your guys' strength of character and will.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Kyle's personal revelation that he might be a racist is an all time highlight for the show. I couldn't stop laughing. Well done, Kyle.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dorkman wrote:

PHOENIX may very well be a collection of barks and whistles.

As I recall, PHOENIX-PRINCE was where everyone seemed the tiredest, but only on the video; discussion was as coherent as ever.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Phoenix was where I forced myself to nap for an hour.  10 minutes after we finished, I had to go pick up my son and then run errands until about 7, then I had to edit another project until 10:30 that night.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dorkman wrote:

Thanks to everyone who came out for this. It was particularly great to be on mic with (and meet) Kyle and Zarban, both of whom had great stuff to say, and thanks to Eddie for the great food, Holden for holding the whole thing Atlas-like on his shoulders, Spork for the moral support and Cloe for permitting the invasion and occupation. I hope I acquitted myself well and honored the event and a franchise close to my heart. I felt like I did but it's all a blur. PHOENIX may very well be a collection of barks and whistles.

You rocked man.

http://i.imgur.com/J6FPGNb.jpg

not long to go now...

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

You rocked man.

Hooray! Thanks. smile

Also, re: one of the topics of conversation I actually remember, a perspective (via Reddit):

http://i.imgur.com/Z8veIDM.jpg

EDIT: I've had the HP films ripped to my iPad since we announced this in order to refresh and review and otherwise prepare. Just deleted them all and it felt super weird and sad.

Last edited by Dorkman (2013-12-10 04:03:26)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Loving these commentaries so far. So happy I was able to experience a little of them. I did have a 3 hour drive to make after they concluded, so no staying up through all of them for me or Morgan :-/

These are my listen on my drive to and from work every day. And they're blasted fantastic.