Topic: A Bit Of Bullskit Comedy!

So some of you might know I've been working/volunteering with a local improv/sketch comedy group here in town for the last year or so. And I am proud to announce we just launched a new youtube series called A Bit Of Bullskit Comedy!

It is going to be an ongoing series of the filmed sketches and improv from their monthly shows. And the first episode just went up!

Enjoy!

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Re: A Bit Of Bullskit Comedy!

If you want to do this as a regular thing you should look into fitting the performers with lapel mics or atleast having some external audio near the stage

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Faldor wrote:

If you want to do this as a regular thing you should look into fitting the performers with lapel mics or atleast having some external audio near the stage

Lapel mics unfortunately won't happen (It's not in either of our budgets atm. Hopefully it's something we can look into down the line), but I do have an external shotgun mounted above the stage now. Unfortunately this performance was filmed before I had the mounting gear, so the shotgun is just strapped to the camera.

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2013-11-28 17:43:11)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Another little short film we did for Christmas.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Carol and George!

ZangrethorDigital.ca

ZangrethorDigital.ca

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2014-01-11 00:09:01)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

ZangrethorDigital.ca

ZangrethorDigital.ca

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2014-03-04 06:11:42)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2014-03-18 23:11:49)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2014-04-21 22:48:07)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Part 2 of the geriatric superhero adventure!!

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2014-04-23 22:43:44)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2014-05-09 22:48:55)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

We started up Season 2 last week so here's the first 2 episodes big_smile

I'll try to keep the post spam to a minimum in this thread tongue

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2014-11-17 00:37:06)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

What's your set-up for these Bullskit shows?

I bumped in to an old friend of mine today who now runs a monthly comedy club, so I've offered to come down and shoot the shows. I'm just trying to work out the logistics of what I'd need to produce something similar.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

In essence, I've got a shotgun (NTG-2) suspended in the rafter about 3m in front of the stage pointed at the roughly center of the stage. I'm running an XLR from that to my Zoom H5 at the back of the seating area. And I'll film the first night from a platform at the back of the stage, and the second night from the back of the lower seating area on the right. Camera wise, it's just my GH2 with the kit lens (40-140).

That's about it, and then it's just editing tricks to get the two nights to edit together nicely. I also always run the footage through a degrain because the GH2 doesn't do amazing with the higher ISO's I need to run at in there. but I have no idea what camera you're running with right now.

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2015-11-06 02:34:02)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

He's on a 5D MkIII, IIRC.
Higher ISO might be an issue, even on that, but a relatively fast lens(50mm 1.4, for instance) should do the trick just fine.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

True. The problem is that if you need to be moving around and getting in close on actors and getting wides you have to be on a zoom lens.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Well, ideally you'd have a multi-cam setup, but yeah.

Thumbs up Thumbs down