Re: Cool Trailers

Winter Solider is interesting and I am certainly looking forward to it. Trailer was definitely well done and surprisingly, didn't give away the whole story. Good on them smile

Also, it didn't feature a sky scraper collapsing, even though a helicarrier went down. Weird...

Although, it does look like the panelists' fears in Avengers is coming true. They are building a bunch of the carriers only for them to start falling. Bad PR right there.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I bet this trailer would do more for me if it didn't use that awful Zimmer music from 12 Years a Slave. Sorry, I meant Inception. They sound so identical it's hard to tell.

Jk, it's actually his score from The Thin Red Line. Again, completely identical.

Also, Matt Singer at The Dissolve reminds us that this is probably going to be a dark movie, given that the comic arc it's named after graced us with this cover:

http://www.expertcomics.com/enr//wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Uncanny-X-Men-142-VFNM-80.jpg

Last edited by Doctor Submarine (2013-10-29 13:54:19)

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Having not read the comics, I stand completely baffled. I have no idea what the trailer is trying to tell me. Judging by the name, I'm guessing some sort of time travel is the theme here, but as far as a theatrical trailer goes, that's rubbish.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It's the XMen's most beloved and simultaneously reviled story lines.  Beloved because it was a hell of a yarn that plays almost like an Outer Limits episode in that its far more speculative Sci Fi than Super Hero.  It was equally reviled because this, coupled with Dark Phoenix, spawned an octopus' garden of alternate timelines, mishmashes continuities, and inarguably the wonkiest continuity out of any franchise in comics history, with Hawkman being the only exception. 

If handled right, it has the potential to be a great flick.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That trailer is TERRIBLE though, so over-the-top serious and sentimental (with the most predictable trailer music possible) while having all these people running around in wacky costumes. Ugh, so lame.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So, um, yeah, this looks good.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

NOT WATCHING NOT WATCHING NOPE

(non-capital sentence)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Has this been posted already? Whatever. This trailer is hilarious.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

They're really pushing this for the religious crowd, I guess. Not a hint of any of the darker elements of the story, especially not those gigantic, six-armed angels.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ya if that's all the movie is, it looks like a waste of Aranofsky's time. If I had to guess, it's just the studio trying to market to the religious crowd and the actual movie is more daring and interesting, but who knows.

Last edited by bullet3 (2013-11-14 18:39:02)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Typical, like buses in London, we get hardly any hard sci-fi movies and then all of a sudden there's a rush of them.

I think this looks intriguing, but it has a Sunshine-we-didn't-really-know-where-this-was-going-hey-look-monsters! vibe to it, which makes me wary.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Doctor Submarine wrote:

They're really pushing this for the religious crowd, I guess. Not a hint of any of the darker elements of the story, especially not those gigantic, six-armed angels.

Well, there was a flaming sword, as well as the concept of the masses being desperate, which hints that there might be a scene of the rest trying to get aboard.

Not really sure what to think of this movie, but I agree that it seems to be a waste of all that talents time.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

fireproof78 wrote:
Doctor Submarine wrote:

Well, there was a flaming sword, as well as the concept of the masses being desperate, which hints that there might be a scene of the rest trying to get aboard.

Not really sure what to think of this movie, but I agree that it seems to be a waste of all that talents time.

Oh that's not what I'm saying at all! From what I've read, the film's story is really interesting and dark and complex.

Show
Noah's whole thing is that he agrees with God, and wants humanity to be wiped out.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Doctor Submarine wrote:
fireproof78 wrote:
Doctor Submarine wrote:

Oh that's not what I'm saying at all! From what I've read, the film's story is really interesting and dark and complex.

Show
Noah's whole thing is that he agrees with God, and wants humanity to be wiped out.

Oh, ok. THAT sounds like something Aronofsky would have in there and makes a lot more sense to me.

Still don't get this movie but ok, I see what its doing there.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You hear that?

That's the sound of my brain melting from the pure sex of this movie.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I'm so pumped I can't even.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Wally Pfister's Transcendence teaser... resembles the prologue to Idiocracy.

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I didn't realize they were doing remakes of trailers now. And the Interstellar teaser only just came out!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Arg, that kinda bums me out as I was working on a kinda similar story for a feature. Glad more stories about the singularity are starting to happen though.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

First full trailer for Transcendence. Seems like there's hope for a more nuanced concept than your typical "AI becomes aware" or "Man puts mind into a machine" story line mash up. Hopefully it doesn't pull any punches and sticks the landing -- the two ways movies like this tend to fail.

Last edited by BBQ (2013-12-23 20:09:03)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Imagine they re-made Lawrence of Arabia...

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts … 3121682078

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Transcendence looks pretty cool.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHSOEXCITED!!

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I love the character design. They have a little bit of wear and tear on them. So pumped for this movie.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Been excited about this flick for a year now. Can't wait.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down