Re: The Empire Strikes Back

so, I can't advance to the chapters in the m4a...  Whenever I click on a chapter I want to advance to, the thing either goes back to the beginning or it stops altogether.  side note:  I changed the .m4a to .m4v.  Apparently you need to do that in order to see the art work...  so yeah, fix the chapter markers, if possible.

Also, where can I download the script version that Dorkman read an excerpt from during the podcast?

Keep up the good work fellas!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Huh. I had no problem with the artwork or chapters. You're using iTunes?

Brackett draft.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

yep, I'll try again and see if it was just me being a duff.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

hmm... nteresting, it works fine in QT player, just something with itunes.  I have the latest version of itunes BTW...  apparently they had a new version released over the weekend.

Thanks for the link BTW.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well this is just awesome.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The same robot lady reviews ESB. Princess Leah has a new hairdresser! BDW is the only black!

I wish we could embed videos here.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Leia.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

downinfront wrote:

Well this is just awesome.

Aimee was just watching that. Maybe I should watch it.

Posted from my iPad
http://trek.fm

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Is it true that Empire is Lucas's least favorite star wars movie because if thats true then any posible respect that i may ever have for him is FUCKING gone!

Last edited by Landporpus (2010-09-16 04:00:41)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yes. It's true.

http://daveandruss.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/sad_kitty.jpg

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That cat looks like the brain bug from the end of Starship Troopers.

As opposed to the brain bug from the end of Ordinary People.

Aw yeah. Timothy Hutton is all "You loved Brain Bug more than me!" and Mary Tyler Moore is all "Yeah! Why can't you be more like Brain Bug!?" and Judd Hirsch is like "M.I. does the dying. Fleet just does the flying."

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Of course Lucas thinks ESB is the "worst" one. He's a control freak and it's the one he had the least control over.

Plinkett points it out very adeptly at the very end of his TPM review: when Lucas finally had absolute creative control and effectively unlimited funds and resources, he made the prequels. He wasn't struggling with a studio or forced to make any compromises. He made them that way on purpose.

It's shocking to everyone else, but the sad truth is: the prequels are what George Lucas thinks STAR WARS is supposed to be.

So if the prequels are what he's always wanted from STAR WARS, it's very little wonder that EMPIRE, being the exact opposite of the prequels in pretty much every facet, will strike George as being the "worst" of the bunch. It fails to accomplish what he thinks a STAR WARS movie should.

Which, of course, is exactly why it's great.

Also, I hate those Brain Bug cats. They're ugly and whoever first decided to selectively breed them that way is history's greatest monster.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

For more on this, our buddy at SHOSW has some interesting reading.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh, I thought that was going to be about the cats. But the movie's cool too. I guess.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Or, GL was joking.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You mean like the Wachowskis?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Does anybody else think my dog sounds like a Tauntan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJbR3SFFbpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I didn't know hamsters could get that big, and make tauntaun noises! So cute.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Heh, re-watching Empire (in the form of Building Empire) and I just caught something I never did before. After escaping Hoth, Luke changes the travel coordinates for Dagobah, and Artoo is less than pleased. Artoo says something that comes up in text on the screen, and Luke laughs and says "That's alright, I'd prefer to keep it on manual for a while."

I just understood that Artoo was basically going "Oh, yeah, totally. Dagobah. That sounds like a great and not at all crazy plan. Golly, that's a long way off, and you've had a long day. Why don't you let me fly and just take a nap or something?" With the full intention of basically commandeering the X-Wing, going to the rendezvous, and maybe getting 2-1B to check Luke's brain again.

Even the droid that can't talk has subtext in this movie. Goddammit Hollywood, this is how you do it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I never read that into it, but that could be why he ends up crashing- Luke knew he couldn't take a nap for the whole trip and was too tired smile

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Finished syncing this up to the SE (again, only original I have is on VHS and no working VCR) and besides Wampa, the emperor, Boba Fett's voice, and an enhanced Bespin, not many changes. And of course I agree that this is the best film of the series. There are so many great lines and scenes. I really love this movie.

On an aside, I sill-ily thought that Michael Bay was going to learn a few things from this... (I know - that's stupid). I thought Transformers 2 was going to go with this same tone - the 2nd movie in the trilogy - Optimus would be defeated and the movie would end with Megatron a temporary victor. Instead I got what I call a "Super-Happy-Fun Ending" with Optimus and Sam on an aircraft carrier and no reason to even have a 3rd movie.

I was just watching a video of Mark Hamill's talk at Celebration VI (on youtube), and he said something about Yoda that I thought was very interesting - they have a shot early on which shows him putting his leg onto the trunk to get onto it before cutting back to Luke as he reacts and that this establishes for the audience the notion that he has legs and can move them around. In most of the following scenes of the movie, he walks around with his legs out of frame because, well he's a puppet. It's another great example of the 'footprint in the snow'.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Footprint in the trunk!

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down