Re: April Fools // "Tokes and Stokes"

This whole thing is fucking perfect.

Also, I'm totally fangirling over Alex. Not just the mustache (but dat mustache tho), but the score. Day-um.

*fans self*

Thumbs up Thumbs down

All these descriptions of episodes of Tokes and Stokes makes me realise that ABC had gotten worse over the years. Bring back this classic show, Disney! Take a risk!

This was awesome and that score was perfect.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I still remember the episode where Stokes hooked up with Tokes' ex - Fanny Handl'r, the Austrian puppet cabaret singer. I never picked that she would actually be a double-agent who attempted to assassinate McPkank, and it was gut-wrenching to watch Stokes have to gun her down to save his Captain's life.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

The episode where they went to the mirror universe and Stokes didn't have a mustache was quite riveting, as I recall.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

The infamously godawful Christmas Carol parody/clip show episode never has been available on video - many people don't even believe it exists.  But I saw it, I swear I did *.

Also the one where KISS and the cast of AfterMASH guest-starred together is just bizarre.

* unless that was a Fall Guy episode

Was that with the infamous musical number, "Tokes Christmas Carol"? I heard the Catholic Church tried to excommunicate the producers over that one.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I remember they tried to be clever with the titles in season one but ran out of ideas after the art theft episode  'Brush Stokes'.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

I love everything about all of this.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Yay!

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

that was awesome :D

Protection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love. -Uncle Iroh

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I love everything about this, but I'm gonna give a special shoutout to Teague as terrified gang-member since no one's mentioned it yet

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh. My. God! Can't believe you guys and gals did this! Fuggin perfect. Looks like you had a blast making it too. Greenlight!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That was amazing.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Amazing work guys!

clap

http://d22zlbw5ff7yk5.cloudfront.net/images/cm-22766-0505f4e1ca08cb.jpeg

Lots of props to all of you guys putting this together (and to Trey for putting up with all of you). I'm pretty amazed the cops were not somehow involved in this production and that Dorkman was brave enough to venture in to a dumpster.

Good job all around!

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

fireproof78 wrote:

I'm pretty amazed the cops were not somehow involved in this production and that Dorkman was brave enough to venture in to a dumpster.

He was auditioning for Oscar the Grouch.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The best part was when I TOTALLY FUCKING FELL FOR IT in the first few shots.  It took me a while to realize that you hadn't just dug up crazy old footage from Trey's glory days and concocted something out of it.  Good fucking job.

Last edited by Chad Peter (2014-04-02 19:42:03)

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

big_smile

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

They didn't?

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

My problem was the two characters were identical, and I couldn't tell which one was Stokes.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

You guys, the Tokes and Stokes theme has been stuck in my head since you put it up.  I feel like I'm walking around as some superfly 70's badass crime fighter or something....complete with the retro film grain.

Bloggy:  Inf0verload

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Invid wrote:

My problem was the two characters were identical, and I couldn't tell which one was Stokes.

See, the best part with "Tokes and Stokes" is the almost Fight Club-esque twist that they are really the same guy, just a split mind.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Invid wrote:

My problem was how Trey could be "grizzled" in 1974. Dude grizzled early.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Yes, I was an early grizzler.   And a late groomer.

Hastings wrote:

You guys, the Tokes and Stokes theme has been stuck in my head since you put it up.  I feel like I'm walking around as some superfly 70's badass crime fighter or something....complete with the retro film grain.

Day = made. Thank you for that.

Obligatory just-so-you-know that you can download the track on my SoundCloud page (the "music" link under the April Fools video).

I'm gonna use that for something, Alex, I swear it, even if it's just my new ringtone.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries