Re: Suggest an Episode

Teague wrote:

Honestly, that would be fun as shit.

I mean, I'd have to be shitfaced. And I'd be slobbering all over Lego, and committing hate crimes against Frozen.

But yeah.

So, that's a maybe from Teague wink

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

10th anniversary of Mean Girls today. Really needs a commentary.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

What about Emperor's New Groove? It's popped up in other commentaries enough times already tongue

Also, I stand by my picketing for Dazed and Confused and Top Gun.

I humbly request that you bring back Anthony for a The Right Stuff commentary.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Good call.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Lilo and Stitch commentary?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Eddie would have to be on it, as an ambassador to Hawaii.

And also his nickname would permanently become Lilo, and I like to think mine would become Stitch.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Doctor Submarine wrote:

10th anniversary of Mean Girls today. Really needs a commentary.

Heathers / Mean Girls double feature

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh boy. Mean Girls is great. But we did a drinkalong for Heathers recently, and.. I'm not sure what that movie is for. Or if there's a moral. Or what the Hero's Journey is. There's some great moments, but that is a film crying out for a "what exactly is happening and how can this be fixed?" commentary.

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

What's your damage? Brad says you're being a real cooze.

The hero's journey is a toxic, scholastic model that has nothing to do with problem or purpose.

In case of Heathers, being a cathartic, grotesque exaggeration of the horrible hyperreality of high school.

In dif parlance, it's the Kubrick style of being in the feel of it rather than the think of it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I agree with the problems of how the Hero's Journey is used (mistaking the symbol for what it symbolizes, etc), I was using it as a shorthand. But really, Heathers doesn't really go anywhere satisfying. Mean Girls does kind of the same thing, but when the film ends, it feels like an ending. But Heathers ends kind of... hollow? Unless the pointlessness is the point. The explosion lighting her cigarette is pretty badass though.

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

Teague wrote:

Eddie would have to be on it, as an ambassador to Hawaii.

And also his nickname would permanently become Lilo, and I like to think mine would become Stitch.

Aside from my brief time as an Oahu resident, I legitimately love Lilo and Stitch.  I think it was ahead of it's time and does not get anywhere near the respect it deserves.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It's a good example of a movie without a plot. It has a STORY, but not a real plot. It's a fun contrast to the overtly complicated movies we're getting now.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I cry at the end. Every damn time.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I love LILO & STITCH.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Phi wrote:

I cry at the end. Every damn time.

One of the few movies that can legitimately impact me on that level.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

How about A Django Unchained/The Lone Ranger 2013 Double Feature

I'm Batman

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

The time has come for an X3 commentary.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Oh god….you're..you're right.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29628015/DSC_0363.jpg I've deliberately not listened to the CoM commentary for 3 years. That era ends...well, soonish.

Also, totally ready when you guys finally cave to Trey's will on The Cowboys.

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I watched Saving Mr. Banks last night. Well, I watched half of it. I bailed after the scene where Walt Disney COMPARES HIMSELF TO GOD without a hint of irony. What an atrocious film. I need catharsis. Please do a commentary.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, he was the "god" when it came to the universe he had created around him. The lack of irony might be a case of the actor/director missing what the writer intended (or, if it's a real quote, missing how Disney intended to be understood).

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think it speaks more to the fact that Disney the corporation is making a movie about Disney the man, and they're more interested in glorifying him than showing an honest depiction. I mean, the entire movie is about how PL Travers is a stupid emotional dumb WOMAN and Disney is the brilliant imaginative man who knows what to do with her book better than she does. The movie is totally unfair to her, because anything other than that would imply that Walt Disney isn't a saint.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Doctor Submarine wrote:

I watched Saving Mr. Banks last night. Well, I watched half of it. I bailed after the scene where Walt Disney COMPARES HIMSELF TO GOD without a hint of irony. What an atrocious film. I need catharsis. Please do a commentary.

I was mildly enjoying the film in the theatre (have cooled on it significantly since, and even at the time I knew I was watching revisionist history), but the scene where I had my own "I'm out" moment is at the climax when they had Disney actually

Show
fly across the Atlantic to arrive at Travers's house before she did to plead with her to give him Mary back.
The fact that they expect us to believe that actually happened is insulting.

Last edited by Abbie (2014-05-26 05:46:20)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So I saw on Twitter a few days ago that you guys were thinking about getting around to the Pirates sequels, which reminded me: are we ever going to see the Twilight sequels utterly eviscerated?

Thumbs up Thumbs down