Re: Gravity

MasterZap wrote:

About "that scene", the "cliffhanger" thing... I always thought there could have been an even MORE BETTERER solution to that.

- They have speed, she's tangled up with her feet in an *elastic* band
- Band is stretching, he goes "you need to let me go, or it'll break"
- She's all "fuck you, I'm holding on"
- Band stretches... stretches... they are slowing... slowing.... nearly at a stop...
- *PLINK* - band snaps. They are still moving... inches per second... away from safety.
- ...still holding hands...
- He's all "Okay, there's only one way for you to get back to the station. Equal and opposite action, and all that"
- She's all "What?"
- He's all "I need to push you away. You go home, I go away"
- She's all "No!"
- He's all "You got abetter idea!?"
- She's all "Oh fuck...."
- He's all "Yeah, fuck"
- She's all "I push you instead!!" *tears*
- He's all "No"... and shoves her off towards the station.
- They drift apart.. painfully slowly
- She's all "YOU ASSHOLE WHY DID YOU DO THAT"
- He's all "Hey, notice how pretty the stars are out here?"
- She's all "I HATE YOU" *devestated tears*
- He's all *turns on country music*
- He slooooowwwly drifts away.
- 3 minutes later, she bumps into the side of the station - safe - sobbing.
- Country music crackles out.

/Z

That's not bad at all. I wonder if you could 'vent' your suit for some minuscule extra propulsion. Absolute last ditch attempt... press some safety release valve that (partly) de-pressurizes the suit and gives you some extra 'delta V'. You'd need to hold your breath. It could be like that tense scene in The Abyss.

Last edited by avatar (2014-05-20 16:33:26)

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Marty J wrote:
Hastings wrote:

I think there's something else already in the LaGrange point on the far side of the moon. It's the deep space.. oh I remember, its the Wilkinson Probe!

According to Wikipedia, it was moved from L2 to a "graveyard orbit" after its mission ended.

Zoinks!

Bloggy:  Inf0verload

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I like that version a lot. The only problem is that the original scene spells out the theme of the movie, and this one kind of doesn't. I mean, I guess it does, but it's not as blatant as the "You need to let go" thing.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I suddenly pictured a scene where she realizes that message, and lets go... only to realize she's now floating free in space, and the point was more psychological and not literal smile

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Doctor Submarine wrote:

I like that version a lot. The only problem is that the original scene spells out the theme of the movie, and this one kind of doesn't. I mean, I guess it does, but it's not as blatant as the "You need to let go" thing.

Bah, metaphor-schmetaphor, theme-fhleeme.

But if you are so in love with that (And Cuaron apparently is), you could have him spell it out for you. "See? You should have let go in the first place. Your attempt to cling on just made it worse". Or something.

/Z

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down