Topic: Boter's Random Creations

Similar to other "random" threads, stuff here that I've done that I think is neat but not entirely deserving of its own thread.

I just re-watched a video blog of mine from shortly before I became active on this forum. For no particular reason I decided to do a cloning special effect in what is otherwise a post talking about Otakon costumes, work, and so forth. I hadn't done one in a while and it was pretty fun, though of course approximately doubled my turnaround time on getting the video out.

Effect is at 5:40 if the player doesn't immediately jump there.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Re: Boter's Random Creations

Nice effect. I don't think I would have questioned it if you hadn't called attention to it.

re: Fedora Show
http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/4999640+_9033356360fa7b57cce467c7b5bcd176.jpg

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

That's fair. You may be the first person to correct me on this though; in many places, including around here it seems, a trilby would be considered a subset of fedora.

Either way I need a new one, my cheap Wal-Mart one isn't cutting it compared to the nicer once my boss has tongue

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Having wrapped a Let's Play series with Mini Ninjas and doing a couple of one-shot games, I felt ready to continue onto one of my all-time favorite games, a space sim called Descent: Freespace. Sorry, Star Wars space sims, but Freespace beats you guys hands-down. (Though the time for TIE Fighter again is now near...)

In the same vein as my cooking show, the Let's Play series is called Boter Plays Something. I had fun creating the introduction for the videos (and will be re-recording with better audio soon, hopefully) as well as how to position the video overlay.

Enjoy the first two missions of Descent: Freespace!

Not so much a creation as an announcement of creations... in the time leading up to wedding season kicking in again, I have a decent amount of time off. I decided to use that time to prepare 31 videos to put one out every single day in the month of May.

Now, a lot of these will be Let's Play videos. I hesitate to call them filler, but in between my normal Tuesday/Friday update schedule with bigger video releases, the ongoing episodes of two Boter Plays Something series will fill the gaps. So yeah, I guess they'll be filler. Still, I'm excited. The first week of content is ready to go and still more has been filmed.

Anyway. I might post the Boter Cooks Something episode in my thread for that series, but otherwise I'll avoid posting the stuff to this forum. Being obnoxious like that is what Facebook and Twitter are for (and oh ho ho will I be obnoxious).

Subscribed. And if you ever need a partner for some co-op lets plays or something, feel free it hit me up.

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sounds good! Thanks smile

Well I apparently haven't posted in here since last month's subscription drive so... time for this month's! I'm sorta going overboard this month. Not just a video a day, but a different, unique video a day, not just ongoing Let's Play series.

WEEK 1: Intellivision Week. A selection of games from this Atari competitor in the early 80s, like Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Cloudy Mountain, BurgerTime, and Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.

WEEK 2: Classic Racing Week. Not your Mario Kart or F-Zero, but mostly PC games like pod (not to be confused with Star Wars: Episode I: Racer, which is also a video this week), Re-Volt, and Project Gotham Racing 2.

WEEK 3: Tabletop Week. Board games and card games, some old and some new, like Daytona 500, Superfight, and Werewolf: A Party Game for Devious People.

WEEK 4: Boter Bug Fish Care Series. Uh, what? A week of videos devoted to learning how to set up and maintain a freshwater aquarium in a healthy and sustainable way, with topics like tank setup, types of fish, and how to clean the tank.

WEEK 5: With three days left over, we're releasing the finished versions of borth Turning Point lightsaber duels so far and releasing a teaser (single shot or something) from the third one.

Looking forward to the programming this upcoming month and wanted to share at least this one. Thanks for reading, and video shares are always appreciated smile

Underwater photo shoot behind the scenes video? Underwater yadda yadda.

Fun fact: a GoPro underwater has a severely impacted field of view. >.<

That's some cool photography, there!

Witness me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That was rad, man. Great job.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down