Re: The New Introduction Thread

Thus you are also somewhat uncertain of the elapsed duration of your incarnation, and could be well upwards of 900 years old. I stand by my demographic assessment.  big_smile

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

My name is John. I'm almost 40 and a Californian. I've been lurking for a while and listening for a couple years or so.

My favorite part of DIF, I mean, Friends in Your Head, is that I listen to the podcast and often suddenly want to watch the movie. Even if it's kind of bad.

I don't watch while listening. Unless there's a lot of comments in synch with the movie (ex Rifftrax), I don't see a need to have the movie on at the time. Plus, I think I'm a bit more informed when watching the movie later.

I post because I care.
  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
"Feel free to flame me. I don't like Legends of Korra or Gravity, either."

No worries, I have yet to actually watch a movie in sync with the FIYH. Or, maybe I did Sunshine that way, but that was such a negative experience I never did it again. Kind of like sleep paralysis: you can try to rage and scream but nobody else hears you.

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Are there many people who do listen to FIYH with the movie?  That isn't snark, but an honest question.  I know the show is formatted around that premise, but most people seem to have a specific place in their lives for podcasts, such as the car, the gym, or at work.  Do many people actually listen to it in perfect sync?

Nope.

holden

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Isaac wrote:

Are there many people who do listen to FIYH with the movie?  That isn't snark, but an honest question.  I know the show is formatted around that premise, but most people seem to have a specific place in their lives for podcasts, such as the car, the gym, or at work.  Do many people actually listen to it in perfect sync?

Yo.

The only time I watch a comm without the movie is when it's a comm I've listened to multiple times before. Which only really happened in years 1-3 ish, not so much these days.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

In rare circumstances I listen with the movie; usually on a Saturday night after I've been drinking and I'm alone. My lowest points, basically.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

No, but what I do is sync up episodes of UNCOMPOSED with episodes of A PRARIE HOME COMPANION and I can say with certainty that I have SEEN THE FACE OF GOD!

Last edited by Eddie (2014-05-20 05:09:56)

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Isaac wrote:

I always do, which is why I listen to the podcast less regularly than some. I really like to have the film playing with it. A good time for that is when I'm working on my computer (it sure helps pass roto time, heh).

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Since they haven't pre-announced what's getting released when for awhile, the odds of me having the movie is pretty low. Eventually I'll get the disk from Netflix, but often my first listen will be without the movie.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Isaac wrote:

There are a few movies that the guys recommend not watching the film and just let them rant wink

Also, to answer your question with an honest answer, I don't because the films I am generally watching are the latest children's release, not whatever WAYDM is commenting on.

However, there are a few I will be making an exception on smile

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi, I'm Zak. I've been listening since theonering.net made a post about the LOTR commentaries. At first, I was reluctant to listen for fear of this being some sort of mockery of my beloved films, so I played it safe and listened to the Shaun of the Dead episode first. I realized that this is a podcast where people actually know what they're talking about and I could even accept dissenting opinions of LOTR if they were this well informed.
Since then I've, hopefully, vastly matured in the way I think about film and other people's opinions about film. This podcast has been an incredibly welcome companion in the many tedious hours I've spent working at golf courses the past two summers. And when I'm not spending my summers toiling in the fields, I'm working on a degree in radio/tv production and am sort of developing a podcast of my own.

Last edited by telexandroid (2014-05-31 21:59:48)

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Welcome, to our humble forum. Any member of torn, is welcome here, in my humble opinion.

Well, we welcome others too smile

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Welcome, Zak! Keep us apprised of your podcast progress, or "prodcrest".

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Hi Zak!

Thanks for the warm welcomes all!

Zarban wrote:

I surely will, it's going to take a while but I really hope I can get it to work out.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

telexandroid wrote:

Thanks for the warm welcomes all!

Zarban wrote:

I surely will, it's going to take a while but I really hope I can get it to work out.

You have come to right place for advice.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

fireproof78 wrote:

You have come to right place for advice.

That is a fact.

Welcome Zak. And, feel free to give an opinion. I said I didn't enjoy Gravity and I'm still not banned! smile

I post because I care.
  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
"Feel free to flame me. I don't like Legends of Korra or Gravity, either."

Hey folks! Finally got around to registering here. Been in the live-chats during a few recordings before, though. Oh and I drew the artwork that is now the iTunes logo, so there's that. :)

Lessee, questions...

I'm Morgan and I'm a concept artist for Walt Disney World.

I found FIYH thanks to my boyfriend Ben (he's the one who posts awesome Disney photography from time-to-time). When he and I first started dating, I would listen to an episode or two while I drove from NJ to CT to visit him. Then I got a gig with Disney and moved to Orlando. For whatever reason, music distracted me while working and FIYH did not! In a way, listening to FIYH helped me feel connected to Ben while he was still in CT since it was something we looked forward to talking about every week. Now that we live together, I still listen to FIYH at work. Yes, I've heard episodes more than twice now. No, I don't see anything wrong with that. You fellas have helped me better understand and appreciate movies so I thank you for that!

Ahem. Sorry for the lengthy response on that...

Worst injury! My classmate cut my elbow with a pair of scissors in first grade. Runner Up: I fell backwards off one of those metal merry-go-rounds at a local playground. It was removed for two years because of that incident.

I don't like pizza, I love it.

Sister's happily taken so you're not getting her digits, bro.

Mom and dad named me after Morgan Fairchild, though I screw with people and say Freeman.

Last edited by Morgan (2014-08-01 22:45:13)

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Hi Morgan!

Welcome!

Nice to have new faces here big_smile

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yay, Morgan arrives!

If you're extra lucky, sometimes Morgan gives you candy.   Delicious regionally-available candy.

Trey wrote:

Yay, Morgan arrives!

If you're extra lucky, sometimes Morgan gives you candy.   Delicious regionally-available candy.

Well, I've always heard (or started the rumor) that if you are in the LA area, and show up with doughnuts on recording day, you can run the show.

So, now there is candy. In LA...just my luck.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi, and welcome!  smile

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

Always trust forum posters with candy.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down