Re: Suggest an Episode

Darth Praxus wrote:

So I saw on Twitter a few days ago that you guys were thinking about getting around to the Pirates sequels, which reminded me: are we ever going to see the Twilight sequels utterly eviscerated?

I could go either way, really.

But, I really am looking forward to Mike just nail down the issues with POTC 2 and 3.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

They actually recorded a commentary for the second Twilight movie right after the first (from memory, Teague actually bailed near the end because he'd had enough, and Cloe took over). Even during the movie they wondered if what they were saying would be worth releasing, and the answer was obviously "no". A different group of people, not coming right off the first movie, might give a different result.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Invid wrote:

They actually recorded a commentary for the second Twilight movie right after the first (from memory, Teague actually bailed near the end because he'd had enough, and Cloe took over). Even during the movie they wondered if what they were saying would be worth releasing, and the answer was obviously "no". A different group of people, not coming right off the first movie, might give a different result.

As much as I would like to hear Twilight get torn apart (and I think that was one of my recent suggestions) I have since gotten over that kick and would prefer more analysis of POTC 2 and 3. I think that would be more constructive, and a more fun conversation.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Invid wrote:

This is why I need to come to more live shows. XD The fact that Teague would actually bail in the middle of a recording astonishes me (A Few Good Men excepted for obvious reasons).

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I Think a Hellboy/ I, Frankenstein double Feature would be Interesting

I'm Batman

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I, Frankenstein is awful, but I'm not sure it's an interesting kind of awful. It's just the obvious kind of awful that anyone can innately recognize.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I, Frankenstein is the Love child of Priest and Van Helsing

I'm Batman

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Jimbo wrote:

Raised by gypsies and grew up to run away to the circus. Only to be fired for being too weird.

Sad, but I'm not sure we should abuse our test subjec...I mean, panelists, to it wink

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I was just thinking it'd be cool if you guys did the original RoboCop.

And then I was thinking maybe it'd be a fun exercise to double feature it with the remake for the purpose of comparing and contrasting. But then, I haven't SEEN the remake, so maybe that might not be fun at all.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I brought it up in a topic a little while ago, how about Silent Hill (2006)?

Could be an interesting movie to tackle, great practical effects, always potential for fixes and general discussions. It's either one of the better if not the best of the "videogame" movies or one of the worst depending on who you ask.

But That why we have hellboy to help them recover from it

fireproof78 wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

Raised by gypsies and grew up to run away to the circus. Only to be fired for being too weird.

Sad, but I'm not sure we should abuse our test subjec...I mean, panelists, to it wink

I'm Batman

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I don't know what anyone has to gain from an I, Frankenstein commentary. I can't imagine who would listen to it and think, "Oh, now I understand why it's bad!" If you've seen it, you already know.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

How About A Commentary to Riddick?

I'm Batman

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Jimbo wrote:

Teague really didn't get Chronicles of Riddick. I don't think we need to confuse him further wink

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think I've mentioned this a while back: Her and Lost in Translation would make a really interesting double feature.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This film  isn't really confusing it is a proper sequel to pitch Black unless if you need to consult the Quasadead about this

fireproof78 wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

Teague really didn't get Chronicles of Riddick. I don't think we need to confuse him further wink

I'm Batman

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Jimbo wrote:

This film  isn't really confusing it is a proper sequel to pitch Black

Have you listened to the FIYH commentary for it?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I Was Calling Riddick a Proper To Pitch Black not the Chronicles of Riddick

Doctor Submarine wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

I'm Batman

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Darth Praxus wrote:

I think I've mentioned this a while back: Her and Lost in Translation would make a really interesting double feature.

Do you WANT me on suicide watch?

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Eddie wrote:
Darth Praxus wrote:

Do you WANT me on suicide watch?

Agreed.  That's a wrist-cutter of a double feature right there.

How about a commentary on the Bourne Films?

I'm Batman

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey and Primer... interesting combo?

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Why Bogus Journey as the pairing?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just to lighten the commentary session before breaking my mind with the doom that is the timeline of Primer.

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Jimbo wrote:

I Was Calling Riddick a Proper To Pitch Black not the Chronicles of Riddick

Doctor Submarine wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

I don't think Riddick is confusing so much as the overall world diverges so much from the original feel of Pitch Black that it is sometimes difficult to sync the two up.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down