Re: Suggest a Commentary 2.0: The Suggestioning

I ADORE Wings of Desire. What a wonderful film.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

You had me at "Peter Falk".

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

telexandroid wrote:

I would love for you guys to do Wings of Desire, but unless someone has some hidden love for it I could see it not working out. Although the fact that it has an off putting Nicolas Cage remake might make for some good discussion.

I like Wings of Desire just fine.  Don't know if I could rally the crew around it.  I'm trying to curate Night of the Hunter, currently.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Eddie wrote:

I like Wings of Desire just fine.  Don't know if I could rally the crew around it.  I'm trying to curate Night of the Hunter, currently.

Do you mean the Robert Mitchum movie? Because the first result on IMDB is a strange looking tv movie from '91. I'm really intrigued by the Mitchum one, do you know if it was the first to do the love/hate fists thing?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

telexandroid wrote:
Eddie wrote:

Do you mean the Robert Mitchum movie? Because the first result on IMDB is a strange looking tv movie from '91. I'm really intrigued by the Mitchum one, do you know if it was the first to do the love/hate fists thing?

It was. It's appearance elsewhere -- DO THE RIGHT THING, The Simpsons -- are homages to NoTH, which is one of the best movies I've ever seen.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Yes, the Robert Mitchum NotH, directed by Charles Laughton is what I refer to.  It's easily in my top ten of all time.  It's this bizarre dust-bowl/noir/fever dream.  Some really amazing imagery for the time, incredibly lyrical, creepy as hell, with a fascinating antagonist.  It's still on Netflix streaming I think.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

How About A Commentary for Riddick?

I'm Batman

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Here's an idea of the tone of Night of the Hunter

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

First time I saw Night of the Hunter I had like a 104 fever. Freaked me out so much I couldn't watch it for like 10 years.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I love Night of the Hunter, would totally be in to you guys doing a commentary for it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It's happening. Looks like we're doing a Documentality for Overnight / Stories We Tell at 11:30 PST this Sunday, followed by NotH, curated by Eddie.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

doty

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up +4 Thumbs down

Marathon Man or Misery? I've been hankering for another Goldman.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

If they're going to do Goldman, let's do one of his failures. A Bridge Too Far. I want discussion on why it doesn't work, because as much as I love it, it's not really good somehow.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm keen for a commentary on "Frozen".

Thumbs up Thumbs down