Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Suggest an Episode

http://shinashiz.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/ryan-confused.gif

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Jimbo wrote:

How about A Commentary on Angels and Demons because it is a good Tom Hanks film

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/NovaReon/notsureifserious.jpg

Even Hanks said that it was just a paycheck for him, so...

Last edited by fireproof78 (2014-06-07 16:01:34)

God loves you!

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

Honestly, that would be fun as shit.

I mean, I'd have to be shitfaced. And I'd be slobbering all over Lego, and committing hate crimes against Frozen.

But yeah.

So I guessing this is a yes to the Lego Movie/Frozen Double Feature

I'm Batman

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Rise of the Planet of the Apes commentary?

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Pootie Tang

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Not looking through all the pages, but…

How have neither The Goonies nor Battlefield Earth happened yet?

I demand blood.

You could do a Christmas in July thing. Home Alone, It's a Wonderful Life, The Santa Clause.

And you've never done The Iron Giant, right? Why is this?

I'll second the request for Jumanji, as well. It really would be a good fit for you guys. And I recently got it from a thrift store so I can actually follow along for once.

Bathilda wrote:

You could do a Christmas in July thing. Home Alone, It's a Wonderful Life, The Santa Clause.

And you've never done The Iron Giant, right? Why is this?

I'll second the request for Jumanji, as well. It really would be a good fit for you guys. And I recently got it from a thrift store so I can actually follow along for once.

People follow along with them? Is this a thing? wink

Also, I agree on Jumanji. What about some of the Planet of the Apes movies? Also, I have really wanted Trey to talk about My Favorite Martian and Species (yes, I know he only worked on one but I would enjoy the commentary anyway).

God loves you!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

fireproof78 wrote:

What about some of the Planet of the Apes movies?

I recently rewatched the original, and though I still like it, I was shocked by how sparse and un-daring it was. It has so much potential for social commentary, but it's really lightly sketched. I really think a remake of the original film (hear me out, don't cut me), but with a better script and some subtext would be an excellent movie. It would, of course, do terribly at the box office though.

Still, they got a black astronaut into space before NASA did, so.

But yeah, the original would make for a really good "how could you improve this?" episode.

edit: the second film is quite, quite poor. i don't even know what they were trying to do, or thought they were trying to do. it's like someone started a sentence and then distracted you by pointing somewhere else, and then when you look back at them, they're just eating a sandwich.

Last edited by Herc (2014-07-15 03:42:12)

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

Herc wrote:

I recently rewatched the original, and though I still like it, I was shocked by how sparse and un-daring it was. It has so much potential for social commentary, but it's really lightly sketched.

Oh don't you worry about that.  Just keep watching....

For the next hour, everything in this post is strictly based on the available facts.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It may see random but...  How about 47 Ronin?

Herc wrote:

the second film is quite, quite poor. i don't even know what they were trying to do, or thought they were trying to do.

They were limited from the start by the fact Heston refused to do it then only agreed to be in two scenes.

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Last week we learned that Pixar’s Ed Catmull has been working against the interests of Pixar’s employees for years. What about an episode about Pixar and Ed Catmull’s fall from grace?

Too political?

---------------------------------------------
I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation.

Herc wrote:
fireproof78 wrote:

What about some of the Planet of the Apes movies?

I recently rewatched the original, and though I still like it, I was shocked by how sparse and un-daring it was. It has so much potential for social commentary, but it's really lightly sketched. I really think a remake of the original film (hear me out, don't cut me), but with a better script and some subtext would be an excellent movie. It would, of course, do terribly at the box office though.

Still, they got a black astronaut into space before NASA did, so.

But yeah, the original would make for a really good "how could you improve this?" episode.

edit: the second film is quite, quite poor. i don't even know what they were trying to do, or thought they were trying to do. it's like someone started a sentence and then distracted you by pointing somewhere else, and then when you look back at them, they're just eating a sandwich.

I just rewatched the original a few nights ago (never saw the Burton remake). I think they'll need to make some big changes in the next one in order for it to work for audiences today. In the original, Heston thought he was in a far off solar system the entire movie, even though there were humans and apes and English. That worked okay in 1968, but they can't get away with that nonsense these days at least without giving him a decent theory behind his thinking. I'm interested to see where they'll go with it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Day of the Locust.

Such a weird mess with a terrifying ending that almost completely redeems it.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s90/obviouslysubtle/Decorated%20images/Picture5-11-1.png

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sam F wrote:

I just rewatched the original a few nights ago (never saw the Burton remake). I think they'll need to make some big changes in the next one in order for it to work for audiences today. In the original, Heston thought he was in a far off solar system the entire movie, even though there were humans and apes and English. That worked okay in 1968, but they can't get away with that nonsense these days at least without giving him a decent theory behind his thinking. I'm interested to see where they'll go with it.

I've always been interested in seeing them try and adapt the actual book smile

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Invid wrote:
Sam F wrote:

I've always been interested in seeing them try and adapt the actual book smile

Do a movie based on a book?

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6400919552/h5500550D/

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yxnk8HXDQKA/T2gOloayFxI/AAAAAAAAB7A/-Yx_VUmSiVo/s1600/1.jpg

Do it.

Ditto on above. Would also love an episode on Rocky and/or Warrior.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

In light of what's happened, I think it's safe to say that a Robin Williams film should be done.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Darth Praxus wrote:

In light of what's happened, I think it's safe to say that a Robin Williams film should be done.

I've said it before, I'll say it again,... Death to Smoochy?

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

Snail wrote:
Darth Praxus wrote:

I've said it before, I'll say it again,... Death to Smoochy?

Jumanji!

Also, still hoping for a double feature with Eddie of a good comic book film and a bad one.

God loves you!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Or maybe The Best of Times?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuzDdztCUAAjwBF.jpg

That doofus in the background right between Williams and Russell?  Yep.