Re: "Gaming Edition" Open casting calls! - THIS TIME: THE ELDER SCROLLS!

According to Steam, I've logged 440 hours in Skyrim and about 100 something in Oblivion. Morrowind would be about the same.

Lining up a time is likely to be difficult, +10 GMT here.

Last edited by Dave (2014-03-18 07:20:30)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

sellew wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Newcastle, eh? You're just one hour behind me, it should work itself out. What's your experience with the series?

Relatively little, I fear, but the plan would be to try to get up to speed appropriately beforehand.  (Been an accident thus far that at least the ones you've been talking about here have been series that I don't really know at all.)

You know what?  I've just realized that by 'series' I assumed you meant your Extended Edition podcast series (i.e., knowing what it's like, how you guys work, etc. etc.).  But you probably meant the Elder Scrolls series, in which case my reply makes absolutely no fucking sense.  (Yeah, I thought maybe I'd start out with Arena, and then play them through one by one in the next few days 'cause I really wanna be on a podcast.) 

As for my experience with the Elder Scrolls series, I got on board starting with Morrowind (which is odd 'cause I go *way* back with these things (Wizardry for the Apple II, Ultima III for the C64), so I'm surprised I never got Daggerfall in particular.  Was the original release really buggy or something?).  What I read sounded so cool that I got a new computer to play it - a pattern I followed for both Oblivion and Skyrim.  I know all three of those games well on the PC.  'Fraid I don't know a thing about the online game (or Battlespire/Redguard).

For the next hour, everything in this post is strictly based on the available facts.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I tried the open beta of TESO - it did not impress.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

We can usually find a fitting time for everyone. I've got work, so there's that, but if need be, I'll get up shit-early to do a recording. It's not impossible.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Saturday, 6am Melbourne - Friday, 8pm Oslo - Friday, 7pm London - Friday, 12pm Los Angeles?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, I cannot participate but I am looking forward to this one smile

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dave: That sounds just fine to me. An hour later is preferred, but not a dealbreaker.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

An hour later isn't a problem here.

Fixedr6 on Skype.

Last edited by Dave (2014-03-19 07:48:56)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

8PM UK time on Friday works for me.  I'm geoffpoole2 on Skype. 

Just a thought - we're in that twilight period where the UK/Europe/Australia have not changed their clocks yet but the North America has.  So that may affect anyone who's joining us from the US or Canada, if we were going to go this Friday or next Friday.  I think, e.g., Los Angeles is only 7 hours behind the UK until the early morning of the 30th.

For the next hour, everything in this post is strictly based on the available facts.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So who's the team of adventurers on this one?

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

As far as I can tell, it's currently myself as usual, Dave and sellew. We still have at least one open spot, if anyone's interested. I'm not sure if squiggly can make it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

In that case, I'll join too if that's ok.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

HELL NO.

Yeah, sure smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Also, I won't be able to do it today after all. Too much stuff happening at home.
Does Sunday work for anyone? Same time.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, I can't make it tonight either and sunday would perhaps be better for me personally (would also give me time to fire up Skyrim for "research").

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yep.  Sunday at 8 should work for me.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'll pass, time zones etc. Have fun gents.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

aww.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Alright, cool. So  Sunday, 9pm Oslo - Sunday, 8pm London - Sunday, 1pm Los Angeles?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yep.  Works for me.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Something's come up so I'm out tonight - have fun though! (and remember to give mods some love)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Now that Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft have all wrapped their E3 press conferences, anyone up for joining in on tonights Gaming Edition? We'll be talking E3 and games of E3. We're on in two hours from now. (9pm my time, 8pm england time, 1pm LA time)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Wish I would have seen this yesterday.  E3 has pretty much been my primary focus over the past few days...

Bloggy:  Inf0verload

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I was really surprised by the trailer for Rainbow Six Siege, thought it was superb (however scripted it may be).

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Alright, anyone up for Elder Scrolls next week?
I'm also good with finally getting to discuss Watch_Dogs!

Thumbs up Thumbs down