Topic: "What Are You Working On?"

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Re: "What Are You Working On?"

Now I'm intrigued to know about Trey's Alan Smithee projects. How many are there?

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Every movie my name isn't on?

That was actually me.

A Trey Stokes Film: Burn Hollywood Burn

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

Trey wrote:

Every movie my name isn't on?

That was actually me.

We'll just have to wait until the posthumous Trey Stokes Signature Edition Blu-Ray Box Set to find out

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Guys, I did the math, and I'm pretty sure James Cameron is a puppet controlled by Trey. He actually used a double to play himself during the making of The Abyss to allay suspicion. That's why he's not happy with "his" puppet work on that movie, it wasn't actually his!

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Has a betting pool started on what Trey's Alan Smithee was? I bet it was 18 Year old Virgin.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ShadowDuelist wrote:

Guys, I did the math, and I'm pretty sure James Cameron is a puppet controlled by Trey. He actually used a double to play himself during the making of The Abyss to allay suspicion. That's why he's not happy with "his" puppet work on that movie, it wasn't actually his!

Imagine saying 'the problem with this movie is you' to Cameron. And then telling Jim his movie would be better if he stayed away.

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Imagine saying 'the problem with this movie is you' to Cameron. And then telling Jim his movie would be better if he stayed away.

I almost had a panic seizure just now.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dorkman wrote:

I almost had a panic seizure just now.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2cpcpcj.gif

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That gif: it does nothing.

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

About Trey's other Asylum movie...  Release the documents or I'll start posting modified posters of all the Asylum films on the internet!

Trey Stokes 18-Year-Old Virgin
Trey Stokes Merlin and the War of the Dragons
Trey Stokes Princess of Mars
Trey Stokes Sharknado
Trey Stokes Titanic II (I'm putting my money on that one)

... jokes aside, kudos.

Last edited by AshDigital (2014-09-18 17:29:10)

---------------------------------------------
I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation.

We could make Trey into this whole Tyler Perry thing.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So this feature Trey worked on was shot in 3 days...?

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

This was the most enjoyable Intermission I've listened to in a while; well done, guys. big_smile Needless to say, Trey's response to Incompetent Director Man has made the Crowning Moment of Awesome page on FIYH's TV Tropes entry.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

AshDigital wrote:

About Trey's other Asylum movie...  Release the documents or I'll start posting modified posters of all the Asylum films on the internet!

Trey Stokes Sharknado

You forgot Megasharkocrocodinopocalypse III: Revenge of the Mutant Bikini Robot Alien Zombie Vampire Werewolves

not long to go now...

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Faldor wrote:

So this feature Trey worked on was shot in 3 days...?

Because of actor schedules, the shoot was split into two parts with a gap in the middle.  I did the first phase, which shot out one particular group of actors.  The second shoot is actually happening right now - obviously I'm not there, but I have friends who stayed with the production and so I'm getting updates every night on the ongoing trainwreck.  It's delicious.

I hate trying to describe my job. I work on surveys, some of which people might have heard of, but most of my day is programming esoteric methodological stuff that doesn't simplify easily. Then they ask me if I know 'so and so' who also works where I work. And I never do.

Pretty sure it's a common experience.

Also, I have a friend who works in biochemistry. Specifically on those viruses used to insert new DNA sequences. On his first day he was told that everyone gets a cough for about a week when they start, but there are no lasting consequences. As far as they know.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Phi wrote:

most of my day is programming esoteric methodological stuff that doesn't simplify easily

You had me at 'hello'.

edit: when non-scientists ask me what I do, I say "biology". but if I'm feeling particularly verbose, I answer "ecology".

Last edited by Herc (2014-09-18 20:19:23)

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

Anybody seen Undercover Blues?

Vern Newman: What line are you in?
Jeff Blue: Brain surgery. *Professional* brain surgery.

---------------------------------------------
I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation.

Herc wrote:

edit: when non-scientists ask me what I do, I say "biology". but if I'm feeling particularly verbose, I answer "ecology".

I usually say 'Surveys, the math parts'.

The other awkward question is how I met my husband (Spiff). Depending on the audience it's either 'uh, mutual friends' or 'making a Star Wars lightsaber fight for an online competition'.

Last edited by Phi (2014-09-18 20:45:13)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

AshDigital wrote:

Trey Stokes Sharknado

... jokes aside, kudos.

You forget how Asylum works. I think the titles should be:

3 Stokes 18-Year-Old Virgin
3 Stokes Merlin and the War of the Dragons
3 Stokes Princess of Mars
3 Stokes Sharknado
3 Stokes Titanic II

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

For what it's worth, an Assistant Editor does not rub shoulders or backs.  They primarily handle all media management, project setup and maintenance, ingesting footage, outputting cuts, trouble shoot all technical issues, and occasioanlly pull shots or create selects per the editor's instruction.  I always try to give my AE's an opportunity to cut a scene, on their own time after their daily duties are handled.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

AshDigital wrote:

Trey Stokes Sharknado

... jokes aside, kudos.

My money is on 2012: Ice Age.

IMDb Director Trademark: Year in Title.

Thumbs up +4 Thumbs down

Resent the, “Everyone in LA works on shit and hates talking about our shit”  vibe. There's a lot of high profile stuff I've done that I'm super proud of, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, personal projects, music videos, whatever. But when the tendency is to be down on the stuff that one has dedicated their time and energy to working on, being excited comes across as boasting. Promotes this culture of bummer behavior, don't care for it.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down