Topic: So, Mike was hit by a car.

Hey, everyone. Folks have started to pick up bits and pieces of this in the chat room, so it seemed time to go ahead and centralize the conversation.

Mike is in the hospital after an accident wherein he was struck by a car and pinned to a concrete column. He was in pretty bad shape by the time he had arrived at the hospital; he was in critical condition. He's been kept unconscious since that time.

We were told by hospital staff that Mike was "walking down the sidewalk near his place of work when a car hit the curb, jumped up on the sidewalk, and pinned him against a concrete pillar." Late last night, one of the doctors characterized his overall condition as "better than when he arrived," which is certainly better than the alternative.

Beyond that, the outlook is unclear.

Obviously everyone at home and in his online circle are worried for him, so if there are major good-news-bad-news changes, they'll be shared here — but, as for the nitty-gritty medical details, obviously I'm not going to be sharing that stuff. Well-wishes and positivity are encouraged and appreciated. It goes without saying that Mike has a lot of friends on this board, so please take the possibility of raw nerves into consideration as you post. Not a lot of sleep was had last night.

If you wish to donate to the fundraiser and help pay for his medical bills,

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +10 Thumbs down

Re: So, Mike was hit by a car.

My thoughts go out to Mike and those nearest and dearest to him. Stay strong, hopefully he'll have a speedy recovery.

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

We're all thinking of him and but also you guys.

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Bartender, hugs all around.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

This is really really upsetting. My thoughts go out to him and his family, but also to you guys. I can only imagine how tough the last day has been for Teague and the gang.

I'm a medical student so if you need any advice or terminology translation let me know. I'm sure you guys know medical people and the doctors will also be super helpful as well, but I'm here just in case.

Thumbs up +4 Thumbs down

...i..i...i-... get well, Mike....

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

This is just awful news. Thoughts and to love all of you. This is just horrible and I really hope he can pull through. Thanks Teague for the update and info as to what is going on.

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

I don't know what to say. He, his family and you guys are all in my thoughts.

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Stunned by this news. He'll definitely be in my thoughts.

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

I felt really bad when I saw the news, so I can only imagine how those close to him feel. Most things I can think of saying are just platitudes, so I'll just honestly say that my thoughts are with you guys, and Mr Scott.

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Morgan and I are thinking of him. It's a horrible thing to happen. Really affecting me at work today.

What's keeping me going is watching the funding for his bills go up. It's incredible see the leaps and bounds happening in the total raised happened in the minutes between refreshes. Keep it up, donators. You guys are really incredible.

This is truly awful. I wish nothing more than for him to pull through and to hear him again on the podcast.

Last edited by Skepton (2014-10-01 18:58:56)

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

I don't know what to say.

Much love, Mike. <3

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Oh man..That's bad news for sure.. Get well Mike!

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

It's just... shocking.

Best wishes to Mike, his friends and family.

So honor the valiant who die 'neath your sword
But pity the warrior who slays all his foes...

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

I just didn't want to believe it when Eddie confirmed it to me. I only know Michael through the internet but it has been years now. He is part of the extended family of internet friends.

My thoughts are with Michael and his family and with all of you friends, who are worried sick.

-Mikko

Watching movies is like being drunk. First it is great but most of the times it ends poorly.

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

I'm stunned and saddened and hoping for the best. My thoughts are with everyone having to endure this. Love to Mike and the rest of you.

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

Awful news.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

It still doesn't seem very real, even after seeing him.
All I'm doing is hitting refresh constantly...just waiting for an update that can bring forth more hope.

I do things.

Thumbs up +5 Thumbs down

I always want to come up with clever words in such times, but the only thing there is to say is that my thoughts go not only to Mike and his family but to you guys as well. Although I don't know Mike personally, I'm in shock. I can only try and imagine what it must be for his close friends.

Stay strong, and know that we're all here for you guys. Hope he pulls through.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up +4 Thumbs down

I'm saddened by the news and my thoughts and prayers are with him, and all of you.

Hang in there, all of you. We love you very much!

Edit: Also, Teague and the rest, we do appreciate the updates, but take care of yourselves too. We understand.

Last edited by fireproof78 (2014-10-01 19:16:10)

God loves you!

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Aww man. Dorkman is the entire reason I found out about this wonderful podcast/community in the first place. I wish him a full and speedy recovery, and my thoughts are with him, his family and friends.

Thumbs up +5 Thumbs down

This is horrible news. I don't really know what to say except I hope he is on the road to recovery very soon.

Hugs to all.

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

I can't believe this. Terrible news... my thoughts are with Mike. I hope he recovers.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Stay strong guys, we'll keep Mike in mind, and I hope his road to recovery is a short one.

Last edited by FireFighter214 (2014-10-02 02:34:47)

"Back to the Future is great, and if you disagree then you're Hitler." -Dorkman
"You sucking is canon!" -Brian

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down