Re: So, Mike was hit by a car.

Lamer wrote:

Honestly, when I saw #michaelscottfund my first though was that Dorkman has started a charity of some sorts.

If I know the internet, conspiracy theorists claiming Mike is fine and this is a scam to fund a movie project should be presenting their "evidence" very soon.

"He talked about raising money in the podcast episode just before the 'accident'!  Think it through, people!"

This is the age of CSI. We should expect at least some jerky, black and white security video we can zoom and enhance....

I really wish you were not forcing me to say this out loud, Dad. Really. But… I am a… virgin, and I have no immediate plans to change that status.

Bella Swan, Eclipse, Chapter 2, p.59

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Would you please stop quoting Twilight, Zarban? It's making us uncomfortable!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I lightened them up. What more do you want?

He flashed a brilliant smile, looking at me appreciatively in a way I was learning to recognize.

Bella Swan, Twilight, Chapter 6, p.121

I'm going to use "internets" as a verb.

I love the fact that Zarban internets dada.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Zarban probably quotes that from memory.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

I'm going to use "internets" as a verb.

I love the fact that Zarban internets dada.

I’m not going to pretend that I understand what that means, but I do know that I do not quote Twilight to hurt Tom.

I’m not going to pretend that I understand why Bella is unable to let go of you, but I do know that she does not behave this way to hurt you.

Edward Cullen, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 17, p.338

I'll stop now.

It was impossible… to stop. Impossible. But I did. I must love you.

Edward Cullen, Twilight, Chapter 24, p.460

fireproof78 wrote:
Eddie wrote:
Cloe Z wrote:

Mike's family and boyfriend are fucking champions, by the way.

I'm glad you mentioned that.  The big takeaway from me that evening, outside of actually seeing Mike, was seeing Mike's dad.  He was obviously in shock, obviously torn apart inside, but he had such dignity to him and was so appreciative of us being there.  The strength of that man is almost incomprehensible. 

As I mentioned on twitter, my son Ryker was born on Friday.  After I left the hospital and saw Mike that first night, I came home and instinctually my wife knew how shook up I was, and without saying a word, put my son in my arms.  It was absolutely what I needed, and I just wept.  I wept because I thought of Mike's Dad, and how unnatural and fucking horrid it is to contemplate the notion that you will outlive your child.  I thought of how absolutely in love with both my sons I am, even the one I just met four days prior.  Four days, and the thought of anything happening to him..I can't even type it.  Mike is a grown man, and an outstanding one at that (obviously, which is why we're all here), and if my boys grow into half the man that he is, it'll be a flawless victory of parenting.  So for Mike Sr. to be there that night, processing it with the rest of us, and still be on his feet and to be as gracious and kind to us as he was, is the kind of miracle that doesn't get celebrated enough.

So yeah, the fact that Mike has been clawing and scratching his way this far in such a short period of time is extraordinary, but not surprising.  It's not surprising because we see that strength from his father, mother, brother, and sister.  I have no way of knowing if I'm that strong, but they inspire inspire strength in me, and I think I can safely say, all of us.

Well said, Eddie. As a parent, I can't imagine that pain of his parents, or the rest of his family and boyfriend. But, you framed in a way that made it quite parable, and, I'll not lie, tear up. But, well said, regardless.

clap

Seconded fireproof!

I'm not crying... my eyes are just a bit sweaty smile

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It occurs to me that we have a rare opportunity here.  What scenario should we have ready for when Mike wakes up?

I'm trying to decide between 28 Days Later and Planet of the Apes, but leaning toward the latter because getting ape masks probably will be easier than convincing the Cedars-Sinai staff to temporarily abandon the entire floor of the hospital.

Trey wrote:

It occurs to me that we have a rare opportunity here.  What scenario should we have ready for when Mike wakes up?

I'm trying to decide between 28 Days Later and Planet of the Apes, but leaning toward the latter because getting ape masks probably will be easier than convincing the Cedars-Sinai staff to temporarily abandon the entire floor of the hospital.

http://i.imgur.com/YKzzQ0b.gif

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

Trey wrote:

Given Ebola being in the news, a Contagion scenario would be far more believable, and easier to acquire equipment.

By the way, is pranking someone coming out of a coma a new thing?

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I was thinking old age makeup and a prop news website.

I know it won't happen, but I seriously want the coma prank to happen

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I've been busy and haven't been on the internet much recently. I just happened to check my twitter feed right now and caught this. My prayers truly go out to Mike and his family. I hear this kind of news and it seems unreal. Though I've never met Mike, I feel like I know him. I respect him as much as we disagree.

Mike, when you eventually read this, know that my love and care for you and your soul far out ways whatever we could disagree on. I'm so sorry this has happened to you. You don't deserve it. You have so many amazing friends that are showing their true friendship right now. If you ever need me to be anything more than that light saber pastor guy you argue with on the internet, just let me know and I'll help however I can. But it looks like you are being well cared for.

God bless you and I'm praying for you.

Thumbs up +4 Thumbs down

Trey wrote:

Just have everyone act normally until one of you casually references the third Ghostbusters movie that came out five years ago.

Thumbs up +5 Thumbs down

Darth Praxus wrote:

Just have everyone act normally until one of you casually references the third Ghostbusters movie that came out five years ago.

I thought we weren't supposed to talk about it after they banned it?

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Darth Praxus wrote:

As in... "It's a pity Transformers 9 won Best Picture because I thought Ghostbusters 3 had a real chance"

not long to go now...

Thumbs up +4 Thumbs down

been away from the board for a long time, just downloaded teagues podcast msg about Mike so I'm back. Hope everything pans out well, this is bloody devastating news sad

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Trey wrote:

I'm gonna take the fact that people "in the know" are making this joke as a good sign for Mike's recovery. I don't think this post would have happened if there wasn't a good chance of a full recovery.

Trey wrote:

I was thinking someone should have the doctors explain that due to the legislation signed into law by President Jeb Bush his physical rehabilitation will take place in a coal mine where he will be processing freedom ore to support our simultaneous wars against Pakistan, Turkey, Iran, Syria, Iraq, Mexico and Iraq. Bonus: Create a news bulletin which mention that Brian has become leader of the underground resistance after budgetary cuts forced the closure of NASA & play it on the TV in his room.

Actually, after seeing that typed out, it's probably far too cruel.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I was about to say, we may cross a line here from the practical joke to cruelty a little bit too quickly.

Also, Ben, I (for good or ill) use jokes and sarcasm to sometimes deal with difficult situations. The good news is encouraging me to be a little more sarcastic.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Trey wrote:

Hang a calendar up from around 2000.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Trey wrote:

Hire a kid to play his son.

So many questions...

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Sam F wrote:
Trey wrote:

Hire a kid to play his son.

So many questions...

Hire a girl to be his wife.

Thumbs up Thumbs down