Re: So, Mike was hit by a car.

Sam F wrote:
Trey wrote:

It occurs to me that we have a rare opportunity here.  What scenario should we have ready for when Mike wakes up?

Hire a kid to play his son.

So many questions...

Is that... a My Name is Earl reference?

Protection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love. -Uncle Iroh

Thumbs up Thumbs down

MadBadCoyote wrote:
Sam F wrote:
Trey wrote:

It occurs to me that we have a rare opportunity here.  What scenario should we have ready for when Mike wakes up?

Hire a kid to play his son.

So many questions...

Is that... a My Name is Earl reference?

Is it? Never seen My Name Is Earl.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Is getting Sam Jackson to dress up as Nick Fury out of the question?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Sam F wrote:

Is it? Never seen My Name Is Earl.

Nevermind, I'm being dumb. :P

And I'd hang up that awesome Ghostbusters pic on the wall somewhere. :)

Protection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love. -Uncle Iroh

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Raven wrote:

Is getting Sam Jackson to dress up as Nick Fury out of the question?

Maybe Teague could pull some strings... on the down low. Sam kinda owes him one, after all.

Last edited by Sam F (2014-10-06 00:59:52)

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

holden

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +5 Thumbs down

Trey wrote:

I'm trying to decide between 28 Days Later and Planet of the Apes, but leaning toward the latter because getting ape masks probably will be easier than convincing the Cedars-Sinai staff to temporarily abandon the entire floor of the hospital.

Tell him that he missed Episode VII, and that the fight coregraphy was awful, and they totally should have hired him to do it. But Disney already called and said they will not be hiring him to do the fight coregraphy for Episode VIII.

Last edited by FireFighter214 (2014-10-06 05:26:45)

"Back to the Future is great, and if you disagree then you're Hitler." -Dorkman
"You sucking is canon!" -Brian

Thumbs up Thumbs down

FireFighter214 wrote:

Tell him that he missed Episode VII, and that the fight coregraphy was awful, and they totally should have hired him to do it. But Disney already called and said they will not be hiring him to do the fight coregraphy for Episode VIII.

Whoa, pretending there was a zombie apocalypse is one thing but that's just cruel...

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Tell him that a Pink Five feature film has been green-lit as the in-between movie for Episodes 8 and 9

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I always struggle to find words in situations like these. I’m better at hugs, but it’s a bit far from here to you guys. This outpour of love and care is heartwarming to read, so much warmth.

Get well soon Mike.

<3

The Low Frequenter

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Wow, just caught this today . . . . . truly stunning news! yikes

Gentlemen, they can rebuild him. They have the technology. They have the capability to build the world's first bionic compositor. Michael Scott will be that comp. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster . . . able to endure more hours at a cheaper rate.

Really pullin' for the best, get well quick, Mike. A complete recovery, nothing else will do. Help us dole out more 'He-manic' Dorkman ribbing. wink

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Trey wrote:

I'm trying to decide between 28 Days Later and Planet of the Apes, but leaning toward the latter because getting ape masks probably will be easier than convincing the Cedars-Sinai staff to temporarily abandon the entire floor of the hospital.

So, I saw this and wished I had had it as an answer to Trey's question:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/1794738_535102509926030_4473134255304921302_n.jpg?oh=9843e0fe716ae25a9fa405a71a7abaaf&amp;oe=54CC1A0C&amp;__gda__=1420630167_140d399d366f51c81cc745e57178add4

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

There is a small army of visual effects artists and filmmakers at your disposal guys.  You could literally coat every media surface within the radius of a small nuclear bomb with whatever you wanted.

Just you know... sayin.

Also glad to hear Mike is getting stronger, amazing amazing news.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Nice to see that the doctors are moving Mike to a trach tube and feeding tube and putting him thru surgery to set his pelvis. That suggests that he remains strong and they're prepping him to come out of sedation.

Good news!

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

So... I made some posts on this board for a couple of weeks and then some real world craziness distracted me from the internet and I never came back.

Well, I heard about Dorkman last night and I felt the need to come back here to express my concern.  I came to this thread and... I don't know, anything I could say seemed like a trite "me too" from someone for whom Mike is only a friend in his head, as it were.   So I didn't post anything here.

But dammit, that was wrong.  There are many strangers who feel a deep affection for Mike and I am one of them.  That should be expressed.  Those of you who have a real connection with the man, my thoughts are with you and of course with him.

So new Harry Potter and Ghostbusters get announced while Mike's in a coma because the universe gives exactly no fucks.

Thumbs up +5 Thumbs down

paulou wrote:

So new Harry Potter and Ghostbusters get announced while Mike's in a coma because the universe gives exactly no fucks.

Feels kind of like this:

http://www.rottenecards.com/ecards/rottenecard_18548865_qbjjxfgd5q.png

Also, at least he will have good news to wake up to smile

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I feel he should be told about the new movie as if it is a joke. He catches on, you admit you were pulling his leg about the whole thing... only for him to find out later it's true.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up +4 Thumbs down

I'm feeling good vibes for you Mike.
Today's FB update made my eyes blurry with catharsis.

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague, I should have said so last week, but please extend my standing travel offer to any of Mike's loved ones.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Trey wrote:

I was kinda hoping he would have woken up during the blood moon of the lunar eclipse, while the people in his room were wearing dark cloaks chanting something Lovecraftian. Alas, this was not the case. Still cheering and waiting expectantly for the recovery!

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

I'm short a friend in my head. Love Mike. Love podcast. Hate American health service!

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thank you guys again, whoever set up the Facebook update page. Great to go to bed tonight knowing how well he's doing smile

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

What's the latest news?

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Support Dorkman Scott · Facebook wrote:

Mike has been moved out of the ICU and into a room in the hospital proper. The doctors feel he is stable enough to not warrant staying in Intensive Care. He still has a nurse nearby and is monitored on the regular, but the room itself (and he) is much more comfortable and quiet.
Mike is still unconscious. As mentioned before, this progress is slow. The doctors, despite moving him out of the ICU, still want to limit his visitors until he is awake and fully aware of his current situation.

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog