Topic: Attack of the Clones

So my six year old daughter has fallen in love with Jedi.  She doesn't understand how I could possibly prefer Han and Leia.  To her they are better than superheroes, ninjas and benders put together.  She has built lightsabers for her G.I. Joes out of legos. 

We watched Attack of the Clones for the first time last night.  As we watch, she loves all the action beats and hates all the other bits.  Finally we get to infamous Yoda fight and she stops dead in her tracks and shouts "What??  How could Yoda do that with a lightsaber?  He's old!  He uses a cane!  Dad, what's going on?"  It was the first time she called bullshit on a movie, the first time she all but said "what are you doing movie?" and I was so very proud.

Re: Attack of the Clones

If kids are calling bullshit on your movie, you might have a problem.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Attack of the Clones

Depends. My niece, when she was around six, called bullshit on the anime TV series Nadia because the trio of adults who had been chasing her turned out to be good people, and in fact became friends to Nadia. That was NOT how stories worked to her. Evil people were evil, case closed.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down