Re: So, Mike was hit by a car.

I just noticed this was posted on the Facebook page.

Now that Michael is no longer in the ICU, we have been told that we may start to really decorate his room. It is important for the staff to see who he is. So if you would like to send cards, pictures of Michael, or you and Michael please do

(removed address with it being a public forum)

I think it'd be pretty cool if we sent a card from us forumfolk. One of us would write something, send it off to the next person, who sends it off to the next and so on. Snail mail chainletter style. Would anybody be up for this?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Owen Ward wrote:

Would anybody be up for this?

I would be up for it. I mean, I don't know Mike personally...I don't post on the forum too often and lately it's been hard for me to get into the live chat due to work -- but I respect him immensely and I've been very concerned since hearing about the accident.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Owen Ward wrote:

Now that Michael is no longer in the ICU, we have been told that we may start to really decorate his room. It is important for the staff to see who he is. So if you would like to send cards, pictures of Michael, or you and Michael please do

For the record, I can see the address when I'm logged out and viewing the Facebook page. Not sure if somebody wants to fix that post or not to restrict the viewership..

Half-tempted to photoshop him on various rides with Ben and I at Walt Disney World and Universal, but I won't.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Owen Ward wrote:

Snail mail chainletter style. Would anybody be up for this?

I was just thinking, we could also sign a piece of paper, add some words, etc -- then scan that & email to one person. Arrange all the scans together and either print it on the card or print it out & tape it into a card....

It's not as personal, but It would be a heck of a lot faster (and safer) than depending on the USPS.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Owen Ward wrote:

I think it'd be pretty cool if we sent a card from us forumfolk. One of us would write something, send it off to the next person, who sends it off to the next and so on. Snail mail chainletter style. Would anybody be up for this?

I'd most definitely be down.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'd be down as well.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm down. Probably a "deadline" to get in on it, and mail it around with an address list. Cross yours off and forward to the next person.

As for the publicly posted address, I was surprised it wasn't a P.O. box. If that's someone's residence I'd recommend getting a box for people to send stuff to.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Morgan and I would sign it. I've already written a letter, but I can sign something big as well smile

If we want an alternative plan, I can provide an address that I'd have access to, and everyone can just send individual forum notes to me and I'll compile 'em. That saves us from the possibility of everything getting lost or forgotten in one fell swoop.

*shrug*

Up to y'all.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I miss Mike.

neutral

Thumbs up +4 Thumbs down

He'd have sorted this by now.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"Hey Mike, we were going to send you a huge group get well sorta gesture that woulda been awesome, but you weren't here to coordinate our asses. We miss you."

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

There's a gaping hole on Twitter where Michael's goofy jokes and big heart were.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Rob wrote:

There's a gaping hole on Twitter where Michael's goofy jokes and big heart were.

I keep checking my bookmarks and expecting there to be new updates on his feed without even thinking about it. I will say that it's fitting that his last tweet before the accident was about calling Dawkins' dudebro followers Dawksuckers.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I would enjoy a "Best of Michael" tweets compilation.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So Lady Faldor had a good suggestion, instead of sending a chain mail card, how about we all send post cards from our home towns?

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Ooh, I like that!

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Yeah! I'll grab one from the gift shop below our office tomorrow.

I like that plan- a lot big_smile

I'll have my daughters doodle on one as well smile

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Home town? Or where we live? I still think of where I grew up on CT as my hometown, even though I live in FL.

Ben wrote:

Home town? Or where we live?

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/vqgSO8_cRio/hqdefault.jpg

Well, I'm gonna need help from doggins, then, if he's still in CT.

I feel like sending Mike an Indianapolis postcard would be about as interesting to him as my buying him an NRA membership.  Oooh, Indianapolis shot glass!

When.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

I second that. We're known for corn and Indy cars, and something tells me the latter would be in bad taste.

"Most people don't even know what sysadmins do, but trust me, if they all took a lunch break at the same time they wouldn't make it to the deli before you ran out of bullets protecting your canned goods from roving bands of mutants."

-- http://stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks

I finally picked up a Saratoga Springs postcard. Not sure what he'd think of horse racing? Decent chance he doesn't have an opinion even. TIME TO FIND OUT.