Topic: Anime Recommendations

My favorite resource, The Shana Project:  http://www.shanaproject.com/season/Fall … ?sort=date
The Shana Project is a listing of current and past shows. As new episodes air, it updates. With an account, you can create a list of your favorite shows and they will update as new episodes become available. The show pages include torrent links and several information links. You can also review previous seasons.

Recent shows (all complete seasons for binge-watching):

Samurai Flamenco. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai_Flamenco
A young male model is inspired to become a costumed hero. The second series reboots itself and explodes off the rails in a completely different genre with the same character (and it is still entertaining).

Outbreak Company. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outbreak_Company#Anime
An otaku is selected by the Japanese government to carry otaku culture to a parallel world which features elves, dwarves, cat-girls, etc. The central concept is well developed.

Noragami. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noragami#Anime
Literally, 'stray god'. Yato is the low man on the totem pole in the spirit community. Part hobo, part lazy teen, he's a former war god who now lacks even a shrine. The intro to the story is a girl who has one foot in the spirit world.

No Game No Life. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Game_No_Life#Anime
A fantastically weird show about a pair of shut-in teen gamers who are transported to a fantasy world where every conflict is resolved via games. Refreshingly weird.

Sword Art Online. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_Art_Online#Anime
Without Spoilers: The show deals with issues surrounding the first full-immersion video gaming in the future. While the writing has a few hamfisted or sloppy moments, the series has a lot to offer. The second part of the first series is the fallout from the first half. A second series with new stories is currently airing.

Psycho Pass. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psycho-Pass
Follows a law-enforcement group in a dystopian future where a computer makes all major life decisions. People with abnormal emotional states are either detained for 'therapy' or executed on the spot. The second series starts a new storyline.

Tsuritama. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsuritama
Fishing. And aliens. Not much action but great characters. Hugely fun and mellow. Also, Enoshima is a real island. "Enoshima bowl!"

Black Bullet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Bullet
Post-apocalypstic Japan with monsters. Yes, it has lots in common with other anime. What it excels at, however, is raising the stakes. This show does more by episode 3 than most shows do in their entire run.

Hamatora. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamatora
Private detectives with powers. There's lots of characters, lots of action, and mysteries to be solved. I love the season 1 cliffhanger. The series concludes with a second series: Re_Hamatora.

MekakuCity Actors. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kagerou_Project#Anime
A difficult show to summarize. The first 3 or 4 episodes all circle the same event with different character viewpoints for each. This focus on character makes for some very emotional stories.

Attack on Titan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Titan
Giants attacking the last human city. The pacing is a bit awkward but the horror is strong. There also seems to be a many-layered mystery that the manga has yet to reveal.

Please list some shows you have enjoyed.

Last edited by Jp12x (2014-10-24 16:39:57)

I post because I care.
  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
"Feel free to flame me. I don't like Legends of Korra or Gravity, either."

Re: Anime Recommendations

That is a lot of anime! I've not heard of a lot of these, but then I am woefully behind the times. Thanks for the link to Shana as well, that looks like a really useful resource and a good way to see what's new.

For my part, here are a few that I've particularly enjoyed. Check out youtube for examples of the style.

Movies:
Patlabor
Ghost in the Shell
Spriggan
Vampire Hunter D (either one)
Streetfighter 2

Series:
Space Brothers
Planetes
Macross Plus
Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team
Berserk

And Space Brothers again. If you're at all interested in hard sci-fi, this is worth a watch.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm sure I'm in the fairly common boat of "I'm open-minded to it, but I've seen little that grabs my attention".

I was underwhelmed by Akira, and I'm pretty sure I've seen Ghost in The Shell (movie) and was underwhelmed by that (if I'm even remembering the right thing), and those are almost always found in a top-5 list of recommendations.

But!

I watched Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and I hugely enjoyed both seasons of that. There's some likable characterization, the animation is really nice (and sometimes very beautiful), and there's a lot of well-rounded social/political themes that are explored quite deftly. So, yeah, that's my recommendation.

Last edited by Herc (2014-10-24 17:45:15)

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

The only anime I've actually seen is Kill la Kill, which is famous chiefly for being the most batshit crazy thing to ever hit television. The writing can be really hamfisted and the fanservice is frequently gratuitous, but the afore-mentioned batshit craziness makes it entertaining enough to be worth it, and about halfway through its run it transitions from Monster of the Week filler episodes to solely plot-based ones and achieves a much better quality than it previously had.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That's a pretty long list, I'll have to check out some of this stuff someday.

Since this thread was provoked by my ramblings here, I will add one item: The Animatrix. It's a direct-to-video anthology of 9 shorts set in the Matrix universe, much better than the two live-action sequels. Before I saw it, I associated "Japanese cartoons" only with kiddie stuff like Maya The Honey Bee (very popular in Poland during the 1980s) and Speed Racer.

Last edited by MartyJ (2014-10-24 18:39:34)

So honor the valiant who die 'neath your sword
But pity the warrior who slays all his foes...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Here's one that's been super below the radar until a couple years ago, which was when I first heard about it.

http://ilarge.listal.com/image/3446591/968full-legend-of-the-galactic-heroes-poster.jpg

Allow me to throw in a big recommendation for Legend of Galactic Heroes, a massive sprawling sci-fi series from the 80s, that's only very recently been fan-translated into English.

The closest way to describe it that I can think of is as a space version of Game of Thrones. It's about a struggle for the galaxy between 2 major factions, the democratic Free Planet's Alliance (loosely modeled on the US), and the Galactic Empire (kinda modeled after pre-World War 1 germany). The super unique thing is that the show doesn't take sides, instead showing the corruption and limitations of both forms of government. It's centered around 2 brilliant military commanders, one on each side, as they rise to the ranks and become the driving forces for their side in the conflict. At the same time, typically, each episode will alternate and focus on one of the two sides, as the corruption on the democratic side leaves it open for a potential military coup, and an aging empire and complacent noble families leave the empire vulnerable to a deadly purge.

One of the reasons I mention it here, is I think people who hate traditional anime might actually enjoy this one, because it's the most "normal" for better terms anime show I've seen. There's no wacky anime stuff here at all really, and especially later on in the series, it becomes a pretty remarkably dense look at political structures and the role of government (you could swear there's massive Bush-era Iraq critiques all over this thing, if it weren't for the fact that it was made 20 years earlier). It's also entirely scored with classical music (and really well chosen classical music), which when paired with massive space battles, betrayals, and revolutions, is extremely effective, and a big plus for me.

I can't over-emphasize the Game of Thrones comparison in terms of how dense the show is with characters (though it helpfully reminds you by highlighting their names when they show up), with hundreds of characters involved, across a series that runs for upwards of 60 hours. This is both the greatest strength and weakness, as it makes it a super rich experience, but also one that can be really difficult to get into. The other thing I'll say is that the animation is definitely pretty basic and not very flashy, this is much more about story than being visually stylish.

If you're interested, you can track it down via bittorrent and youtube and what-not, and see if its in your wheel-house. It's tough cause the really interesting political stuff doesn't kick in until a couple hours into the series, so it can take a while to get into, but it's also incredibly rewarding if you do.

The order to watch it is,
1. My Conquest is the Sea of Stars

2. Overture to a New War

3. Episodes 3 and onward of the main series (Overture to a New War is a better executed remake of the 1st two episodes)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Darth Praxus wrote:

The only anime I've actually seen is Kill la Kill, which is famous chiefly for being the most batshit crazy thing to ever hit television. The writing can be really hamfisted and the fanservice is frequently gratuitous, but the afore-mentioned batshit craziness makes it entertaining enough to be worth it, and about halfway through its run it transitions from Monster of the Week filler episodes to solely plot-based ones and achieves a much better quality than it previously had.

Kill la Kill is on our list but I don't expect it to out-crazy Excel Saga. My wife was showing me different series, and after a few episodes would ask what I thought so we'd know whether to continue to move onto another. Every few episodes of Excel Saga she'd ask, and every time, right through the entire season, I just sputtered, "I have no idea what to make of this and will watch more until I have formed a cogent opinion," or some variant thereof.

Cogency is not something to expect of that series.

My recommendations for starting out with anime would be first, Cowboy Bebop and two, Trigun. These are the only series we watch dubbed rather than subbed, because the dubs are great.

I've gotta run for now but later this weekend I'll make a post of series I've watched and my thoughts on them. It's still a relatively short list.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

(I find TV Tropes' descriptions of anime much more helpful in deciding if I'd be into whatever show it's describing than Wikipedia for some reason)

http://art-eater.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/tumblr_mmje5edfpD1rw9b6io1_1280.jpg

Kill la Kill is awesome. Love it. It's an awesome deconstruction of the Magical Girl anime genre. It starts out as what is typical of these kinds of shows. Over the course of its run, it manages to justify mostly everything dumb about the genre. Ridiculous and a lot of fun :)

https://poweredbysugar.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/horriblesubs-panty-and-stocking-with-garterbelt-01-720p-mkv_snapshot_04-01_2010-10-02_11-16-36.jpg

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt is probably my favorite anime. It's almost everything I've ever seen in an anime stuffed into one that changes artstyles on a dime. I had a big, stupid grin on my face from beginning to it's intentional(?) Gainax end.

(Note: I'd suggest watching with subs... as the english dub is surprisingly... not great)

Last edited by MadBadCoyote (2014-10-24 21:34:25)

Protection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love. -Uncle Iroh

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

FYI: Everything I posted is from the last couple of years. If you haven't seen anime since Cowboy Bebop or Trigun (15 years old now), you really need to see what's going on now.

I watched my first Strange+ episodes today. They're about 3 minutes long and stuffed with comedy and absurdity.

I post because I care.

One thing that should be remembered is that anime isn't a genre. It's simply the word the Japanese use for all animation, and which in the US is used to refer to cartoons from Japan. Asking for recommendations is like asking for good live action films: you really need to be more specific as to what your interests are smile

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

True. It's more of a medium distinction than anything, and still has some distinctions that set it apart from other mediums.

For instance, last month we had a bunch of people over and watched all three Appleseed films - Appleseed, Appleseed Ex Machina and Appleseed Alpha. The second is a sequel to the first, and the third is a prequel/reboot. It was also a painfully American film; it had the same director as the first but a lot of the staff, including Executive Producer, had changed in the intervening, what, ten years. (Ex Machina was produced by John Woo, and it shows.) While visually it was evolving along lines that could be traced back to the original films and slightly more recent efforts like Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, its plot was pure mindless American blockbuster. Going in expecting the former and getting the latter was jarring, and the other way around can be just as disorienting.

Edit: (Oh, and under the guise of recommendations: The first two are great, skip the reboot. Genre: sci-fi, utopia built after a cataclysmic world war, big mechs, biomechanical humans and obligatory moral "How human are they," quandaries, and military action.)

Last edited by Boter (2014-10-26 03:10:03)

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Given those first two CG Appleseed movies had nothing to do with the actual books, I may have to check out the third one. Unless the Bioroid Hitomi is drunk and Deunan has a stuffed Briareos on her bag, it's not Appleseed. From the wiki, it looks like Appleseed Alpha ends just as the first book starts.

I'll toss in my first recommendation: Black Magic M-66.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/12/BlackMagicM-66_DVD.jpg/230px-BlackMagicM-66_DVD.jpg

Instead of tying to do an adaptation of his mythological/cyberpunk manga, Appleseed creator Shirow took one small segment and expanded it into a 48 minute action story which just hints at the wider political situation. A very nice story. You can find the dub on Youtube, and the sub is probably kicking around. The DVD is probably out of print.

Last edited by Invid (2014-10-26 21:31:03)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Baccano - 1930s', mobsters, train robberies, immortals, catchy jazz music...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

dj_bakerman wrote:

Baccano - 1930s', mobsters, train robberies, immortals, catchy jazz music...

Looks very cool actually, but what's really sold me are the episode titles.  They include:

Episode 2: Setting the Old Woman`s Qualms Aside, the Flying Pussyfoot Departs
Episode 10: Czeslaw Meyer is Forced to Rework His Tremble-Before-the-Specter-of-Immortals Strategy
Episode 13: Both the Immortals and Those Who Aren`t Sing the Praises of Life Equally

Just on that basis, there's no way it can fail to be great! 

I'm afraid I really don't have a lot in the way of recommendations.  I haven't seen a lot of anime, and the ones I have are not particularly obscure ones:

Paranoia Agent:  Oh...my...sweet...Jesus. Probably the most disturbing thing I've ever seen on television.  Desperately bleak and completely brilliant.  Here's the opening credits.  Even having the transliteration and the translation of the lyrics pasted onto the screen doesn't make this any less unsettling. 

Serial Experiments Lain: About halfway through, my friend and I started referring to it as 'Ralph Bakshi's Last Year At Marienbad'.  If that sounds appealing, you'll probably like it.  And as undergraduate cod philosophizing goes, it's actually not too bad, unlike other shows we might name.  (*cough* Battlestar Galactica *cough*)

FLCL:  This must be what our grandparents saw on the screen when we were watching Bugs Bunny or Tom and Jerry cartoons.  A breathlessly bewildering kaleidoscope of crazy crap presented in a way that's almost incoherent.  But in a good way.

The only even maybe slightly obscure one I've seen is Kino's Journey, which I liked a lot.  It's a little hard to describe.  Sort of a travelogue fantasy with old school fairy tale overtones about a young girl and her sentient motorcycle who travel from country to country, but only staying for three days in each one.  Oblique and interesting. 

And just out of curiosity, any suggestions for relatively recent (say last 20 years) family-friendly anime series, especially for a precocious 8-year-old girl who likes video games and comic books?   We've seen (or know about) the classics (e.g. Speed Racer, Star Blazers, Heidi, Sailor Moon, etc.) but I have no idea what's out there more recently.

For the next hour, everything in this post is strictly based on the available facts.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

sellew wrote:

Paranoia Agent:  Oh...my...sweet...Jesus. Probably the most disturbing thing I've ever seen on television.  Desperately bleak and completely brilliant.  Here's the opening credits.  Even having the transliteration and the translation of the lyrics pasted onto the screen doesn't make this any less unsettling.

It's great until you listen to the Japanese commentary, where they admit they had no ending when they storyboarded the first episodes, and they deliberately edited out anything that would tell you what was going on to make it more mysterious. I now look at any similar show with a jaded eye.

Serial Experiments Lain: About halfway through, my friend and I started referring to it as 'Ralph Bakshi's Last Year At Marienbad'.  If that sounds appealing, you'll probably like it.  And as undergraduate cod philosophizing goes, it's actually not too bad, unlike other shows we might name.  (*cough* Battlestar Galactica *cough*)

It's the kind of show where you ask the question, are all those shots of power lines a statement about modern society, or a way for the animators to save money every episode?

And just out of curiosity, any suggestions for relatively recent (say last 20 years) family-friendly anime series, especially for a precocious 8-year-old girl who likes video games and comic books?   We've seen (or know about) the classics (e.g. Speed Racer, Star Blazers, Heidi, Sailor Moon, etc.) but I have no idea what's out there more recently.

Check out KAMICHU!, about a middle school girl who wakes up one morning to discover she's a Shinto God. All the episodes are on Youtube, and the dub is great. Nadia the Secret of Blue Water is a classic, based on 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

sellew wrote:

Looks very cool actually, but what's really sold me are the episode titles.

Yeah. As soon as I saw episode one's title was
"The Vice President Doesn't Say Anything about the Possibility of Him Being the Main Character"
I was pretty much sold.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Squiggly_P wrote:

But the 'edited out anything that told you what was going on' part... is that referring to the reveal of the supernatural bullshit at the ending, or what? I didn't really have that hard a time understanding what was going on. I mean, there are reveals of information later that makes you look back and say "oh, now I actually get that bit", but it's not nearly as bad as the way a guy like Lindelhof will just add random pointless shit to his scripts to make them feel like there's a mystery going on. Paranoia Agent mostly makes sense...

What they meant was whenever they noticed someone in the script was speaking the truth or mentioning a fact, they edited that out. They did not want viewers to know how simple everything, in fact, was. By understanding it, you are evidence that they failed. Then again, you may have just come up with your own "concrete" to fill in the holes the show was intentionally creating smile

... until the last couple of episodes. But all anime does that shit at the end. I think most anime is written by hacks, and that sort of third act deus ex machina of sudden supernatural or psychedelic bullshit is their way of getting out of the corner they've written themselves into.

You're just applying Sturgeon's Law. Naturally most anime is crap. Nobody will claim otherwise. The ending problem is somewhat unique to anime in that most US shows aren't meant to end, where as intensionally 1 season  shows are common in anime. The Paranoia Agent commentary actually deals with this. They started production with something like 7 plot episodes, 4 anthology episodes, and then the two ending episodes they'd worry about later (I don't remember the exact breakdown). The idea for the ending came the week they had to start animating it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

For kids, check out Tsuritama. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsuritama It has a weird kid with a fishbowl on his head, lots of life lessons, and an exiting fish-catching climax.

I just started Baccano today. 6 episodes in and it is great. I just wish they named the characters better.

As for all anime being written by hacks, I can't disagree more. They have their tropes, but you guys are talking about things like Lain and Paranoia Agent. They're both over a decade old. I highly recommend you watch some of the shows from the last few years.

More recent anime:

Log Horizon http://myanimelist.net/anime/17265/Log_Horizon
MMO players trapped in the game. The unique focus of the series is mostly political: among players, the community and NPC relations.

Strange+   http://myanimelist.net/anime/21067/Strange+
Bits about a dysfunctional detective agency. There are lots of butt jokes and surreal comments in these 3 minute episodes. I found it hilarious.

Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san http://myanimelist.net/anime/10216/Yond … -san._(TV)
A demon-summoning detective uses powerful demons for menial tasks and weird cases. Very funny.

Fate/Stay Night  http://myanimelist.net/anime/356/Fate/stay_night
An anime adaptation of a multi-storyline visual novel. In the game, the story can go in several directions based on your choices. Various anime are being made for each variation of the story.

Last edited by Jp12x (2014-11-08 05:52:26)

I post because I care.

Jp12x wrote:

As for all anime being written by hacks, I can't disagree more. They have their tropes, but you guys are talking about things like Lain and Paranoia Agent. They're both over a decade old. I highly recommend you watch some of the shows from the last few years.

Meh, I don't think the ratio of good shows to crap shows has really changed much over the past couple of decades. There's just a lot more options available; many more really excellent stories and a near metric ton of dreck. Then there are the shows that could've been good but suffered because of the way the industry finances itself. It's worth pointing out that both Lain and Paranoia Agent were original stories, which are by far the minority.

Now, as for an 8 year old, I don't watch a lot of stuff for that age group, but I can totally second Invid's recommendation of Kamichu. It's such nice show. Every episode made me really, really happy.

If you don't mind something a little bit more intense, then I can also recommend Denno Coil. It's a great scifi show set in the near future about a group elementary school kids trying to solve a mystery surrounding a recently introduced technology. It was shown on NHK and the publisher of the novels is an imprint for younger audiences, but you might want to check out a few episodes first to be on the safe side. Plus, it's awesome, so even if you think your daughter shouldn't watch it, you definitely should.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I just finished Baccano! last night. http://myanimelist.net/anime/2251/Baccano!

It's a great story and is stuffed with both fun and disturbing moments.

Warning: The first story ends with episode 13. The anime is 16 episodes and the last 3 eps are starting the next storyline which are not resolved in the anime. It genuinely feels like someone planned a 26 episode series and production stopped on episode 16. If you are interested, the story continues only in the original light novel series (which is ongoing).

I post because I care.

Check to see how the anime was first distributed. The last three may have been direct to video, as a way to promote the books. In the 90's there were an annoying number of short anime that existed solely as ads for books, so were intentionally incomplete.

I've started re-watching Gunbuster. I'll probably post a review at some point.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

My wife and I enjoy Fate/Stay Night, she even cosplayed as Saber for Otakon one year. We still need to watch the Unlimited Blade Works movie and Fate/Zero, and I guess UBW is getting a series treatment too. (Didn't stop us from using the closing song from UBW as our first dance song at our wedding.)

Christmas is a time for some families to gather around and watch TV, but if you're like me and aren't that interested in what the in-laws are watching you take to Netflix to see what you can find. It's under this context that I discovered and watched Arpeggio of Blue Steel.

Take the basic premise of the Battleship movie (alien warships come to Earth to take over the seas), turn down the built-in vitriol against it, turn up the anime tropes, and add a few years after first contact.

Years ago, the Fleet of Fog came from nowhere, imitated the form of human naval ships but with added alien technology completely obliterated human forces, and proceeded to blockade the seas and cut off all intercontinental contact, though did not invade land. Then, for some reason, the sub I-401 defected to Chihaya Gunzou, a cadet at the Maritime Academy. Two years later, he and his crew are the only hope against the Fleet of Fog.

The anime covers a single arc, and deviates from the source manga a bit from what I've been able to gather. With just twelve episodes, it tells a tight cohesive story though I found myself wishing for a bit more exposition on some things. In the manga it's mentioned nice and early that Gunzou's father had defected to the Fog; it's never stated in the anime, though that's one rumor. We never find out where the Fog came from, and the human crew members aren't very well fleshed out. There's the XO who wears a helmet; the excitable weapons officer (think the same archetype as Sokka from The Last Airbender); there are the two cute girls, the sonar operator with pink headphones and the engineer with the unfortunate dual stigma of always being in the engine room instead of the bridge and of being animated with a bit extra boob jiggle.

Ships are better characterized, as all major ships of the Fog, including I-401, have created human-like mental models of themselves. This is perhaps appropriate, as the story is more about them and the effects our protagonist has on them than it is about the humans on the sub. All of the girls in the opening are mental models of various ships in the series, each with their own distinct personality (except for the I-400 and I-402 creepy twins, they obviously share one). (Apparently one is even referred to as Fast Battleship Tsundere by other characters in the manga itself.) I enjoyed the development of them, and if I had to choose a favorite character it'd be from them, not from the paltry pool of humans.

Two movies are getting released next year, one a recap of the season and one an all-new story. While I'd've preferred a new series, it's still something I'm looking forward to.

I don't watch much anime, but I have seen Fate/Zero and I loved it. I was going to watch Fate/Stay Night, and my friends (who do watch a lot of anime) say it isn't nearly as good.

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I've liked each of the Fate that I've seen. But, I mostly like them as they are divergent stories that start the same. Each story features one of the girls as a love interest and turns out differently as a result. Ufotable seems to be making the better adaptations:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/356/Fate/stay_night

http://myanimelist.net/anime/6922/Fate/ … lade_Works

http://myanimelist.net/anime/25537/Fate … avens_Feel

I post because I care.

I finished The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya this week: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haruhi_Suzumiya

The story revolves around a girl who is bored with mundane life and wants to live in a world of time-travellers, aliens, psychics, and dimensional sliders. It is a combination of slice-of-life and a sci-fi show. [You may want to skip eps 13-18 as they are part of a time loop with VERY small variations. 12 is the start and 19 is the end.]

A sequel film, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, is the wonderful conclusion of the show.

I post because I care.