Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: The Aviator

Watched this film recently...

http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/32J46ordseuqhIc92997U7caWoY.jpg

can't download the podcast from itunes.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Feed worked fine for me in Overcast (iOS)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It showed up on my iPad, so if it doesn't work now it did work then. Have you tried going to the podcast in the iTunes store to see if it's listed? That usually works if an episode isn't showing up in the feed.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Listening to you guys talk about the Spruce Goose made me feel like I was being Beetlejuiced.

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

the episode is showing up in the feed, I just get an error when trying to download the episode on itunes. no biggie really as I can download it from this site.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ah, memories of listening to Loudon Wainwright III while traveling...

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Great commentary! I don't think there has ever been so many subjects in a WAYDM before.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The list of movies that Cate Blanchett sucks in is indeed a short one: I can only think of Crystal Skull.

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The list of movies that Cate Blanchett sucks in is indeed a short one: I can only think of Crystal Skull.

I wouldn't even say she sucks in that one; the movie sucks, and the writing for her character sucks, but her performance is doing the best it goddamn can, and she at least recognizes what kind of movie she's in.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Darth Praxus wrote:

I wouldn't even say she sucks in that one; the movie sucks, and the writing for her character sucks, but her performance is doing the best it goddamn can, and she at least recognizes what kind of movie she's in.

I dunno - I felt it was a bit flat. She's versatile, but that was stretching it too far. Like Jodie Foster in Elysium, it's hard to create a great female villain in a PG13 movie. Cate is such an ethereal beauty that she'd need to do something really twisted, like kill a child in cold blood or claw a man's dick off for us to hate her. Any examples of successful PG13 female villains?

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Darth Praxus wrote:

I dunno - I felt it was a bit flat. She's versatile, but that was stretching it too far. Like Jodie Foster in Elysium, it's hard to create a great female villain in a PG13 movie. Cate is such an ethereal beauty that she'd need to do something really twisted, like kill a child in cold blood or claw a man's dick off for us to hate her. Any examples of successful PG13 female villains?

I question why a woman's beauty should matter any more than a man's handsomeness in terms of their villainy, but for the sake of argument--Bellatrix Lestrange?  She's the one who springs immediately to mind, anyway. Also the White Witch, and any number of Disney villains (the latter aren't PG13, but the point still stands, I think).

Last edited by Abbie (2014-12-05 20:40:37)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Huh, weird to think all Hitler really needed for the whole PR thing was a bit of plastic surgery.

#Godwin'd

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I'm a little over two hours in....and while I'm happy that there was a minor nod to Orson Welles....No love for F for Fake?

2 hours, 20 minutes, you allude to it....The False Biography bit....He is featured prominetly in "F for Fake"....Totally worth checking out....