Re: Cool Trailers

I was going to bring up The LEGO Movie, but I was terrified of being mocked. Apparently that wasn't something I needed to be concerned with. big_smile I've pretty much been gabbing about it non-stop for the last month.

My friends and I are planning a "Nostalgic Toy Day" around it; gonna see the movie and then hang-out and play with all of our old toys, video games, etc. I'm pretty sure a LEGO cake will also be involved.

If any of you ever had the pleasure of playing "LEGO Island" back in the 90s (the very first LEGO video game), this seems to take a LOT of inspiration from it (which is a good thing. A very good thing). I'm extremely hopeful, and the clips I've seen so far have not disappointed.

BBQ wrote:

First full trailer for Transcendence. Seems like there's hope for a more nuanced concept than your typical "AI becomes aware" or "Man puts mind into a machine" story line mash up. Hopefully it doesn't pull any punches and sticks the landing -- the two ways movies like this tend to fail.

I got to be an extra in this for what, I believe, was the last day of shooting in Albuquerque (i.e. nobody famous was on set and the crew was, noticeably, on their last legs). A few of my fellow extras did some re-shoots for the gunshot scene featured in the trailer. I played a Silicon Valley techie during a scene where the computers all over the world go haywire. Nothing exciting, but there were some amusing stories that came out of it, at least. smile The trailer definitely captured my interest, though. More so than the plot summary they gave us on the set.

Last edited by Lupinpatronus (2014-01-29 03:30:39)

"Cuarón is the reason. Cuarón is the why."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You need look no further than our Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs commentary to understand why we have faith in movies like this.  cool

Also, post bootlegged screencaps of your extra-hood at your earliest ability.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Excuse me for a second while I get the feelings out of my eyes...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm looking forward to that one.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I never heard of the book, I didn't have any idea that this existed until I saw this trailer five minutes ago.

Is it just me or does this look REALLY fucking awesome? Of course, I haven't seen any films from the "Liam Neeson pursues and kills somebody" genre, not even the first Taken, so maybe it just seems fresher to me.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I was soooooooo beyond hyped for this movie a while ago, but then Emmanuel Lubezki said that the film was shot and edited in such a way that it appears to be a single continuous shot. And the trailer is amazing too, for good measure.

Last edited by Doctor Submarine (2014-07-01 03:41:11)

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Literally me right now \/
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Christoph-Waltz-Dancing-in-Chair-Inglourious-Basterds.gif

/ironicnazireferenceisunfortunatethoughhilarious

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2014-07-22 09:21:47)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Branson from Downton Abbey, Benedict Cumberbach and Keira Knightly in 40's garb. And music by Desplat. COMPUTERS. I AM SO IN.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert.gif

Bathilda wrote:

Branson from Downton Abbey, Benedict Cumberbach and Keira Knightly in 40's garb. And music by Desplat. COMPUTERS. I AM SO IN.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert.gif

http://www.facts.be/assets/CharlesDance1.jpg

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2014-07-22 17:55:10)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Outside the obvious trailers that ran in front of Gaurdians (aka Interstellar, which I hadn't seen yet, but looks freakin awesome), the big surprise for me was this one. Which I am now super freaking excited for.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Paul Thomas Anderson has made his Big Lebowski and it looks great.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

So it's an anime in real life... on acid?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Is there a word for when you are suddenly overcome with an intense primordial need to mock and ridicule something without mercy or worry for it's feelings or any outward appearance of sanity?

Cause... oh my god is that what I'm feeling right now.

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2014-11-03 09:05:29)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

There's a special place in hell for people who do this kind of stuff with their pets. I don't care how much Grumpy Cat's owner says she takes special care of her. It's an animal, goddamit. Not an art piece.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

So just how shit is this? Bloody shit? Fuck'n shit? Or just plain ol' shitty shit?

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So just how shit is this? Bloody shit? Fuck'n shit? Or just plain ol' shitty shit?

"Fun" isn't an option?

I'm so amused by the idea of a sequel literally being about going back in time to ruin the original. That's brilliant.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

A Back to the Future 2 take on the Terminator series is far from the worst idea they've done, and could be kinda fun.
Honestly the only thing that sucks about this so far is Jai Courtney being his usual terrible self, and dodgy effects work.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I avoided the non-Cameron Terminator films, but this one looks like it could be fun. They at least seem to know the films, which the others didn't seem to. The idea that all the time travel truly fucked up reality is great.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Huh...that actually looks pretty freakin cool.

Although if you had asked me who I would cast as the new Sarah Connor, I would not have said Emilia Clarke. And...as much as I love her...she's really not right for this. She looks like she's about 16 and never seen a fight in her life. Unless they're REALLY fucking with the timeline, and she is actually super young (Although judging by the dialogue we did get it sounds like this is supposed to take place after T1, possibly even T2), I don't think she'll pull it off.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

BigDamnArtist wrote:

Although if you had asked me who I would cast as the new Sarah Connor, I would not have said Emilia Clarke.

I'm with BDA on this one. Emilia is nowhere near this:

http://wordofthenerdonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/t2_hamilton1.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ok, Intrigued... don't let me down Sorkin.

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

A new trailer for Alien: Covenant is out.

So honor the valiant who die 'neath your sword
But pity the warrior who slays all his foes...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I was with it until they started showing the thing in broad damn daylight...then it was just low groaning noise and then I sorta blacked out.

Looked like it had some potential but it's just another cg action shoot em up fest. Blech.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Wait, there were no cool trailers for two years?!

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog